Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Glad to hear it! WRBB didn't do a great job commenting on either actually...

It sounded like the Daniels brothers were clicking tonight, and I can't express how excited I am to win our first conference away game against a ranked team.

After the "the next item thrown on the ice will result in a UVM penalty" announcement was made, I was secretly hoping for a clever NU fan to take the opportunity to put that comment to the test (but I know we're better than that ;-))

Great win for NU. A much needed win, that's for sure.

On a side note- have any teams been swept yet in HE? (Not going to get too optimisitc here, just thought I'd ask)

I'll start believing in this team again if we put up a good fight tomorrow. Two good games against a good UVM team in a row will really get the sparks flying for this team, I think
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Nice, hard fought win. That's all for now folks..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
        On a side note- have any teams been swept yet in HE? (Not going to get too optimisitc here, just thought I'd ask)

I'll start believing in this team again if we put up a good fight tomorrow. Two good games against a good UVM team in a row will really get the sparks flying for this team, I think
        As far as sweeps go...Maine swept Providence at the beginning of December, but that's it. Providence is 0-2 against BC and the Friars didn't play any games in between, but the games were a month apart (12/12 and 1/12).

It's going to take a little but more than winning again tonight for me to really start believing in them again. We still never know which team (good or bad) is going to show up on a given night/weekend. If they can go on a nice little streak, then I might start believing again. The team doesn't have to win every game, but at least play well for 2-3 weekends in a row.
        Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Nice, hard fought win. That's all for now folks..
          Yeah, HUGE win over those ******** from Vermont. Nice job, boys, let's get the sweep tonight!
          Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
          -dggoddard

Comment

After the "the next item thrown on the ice will result in a UVM penalty" announcement was made, I was secretly hoping for a clever NU fan to take the opportunity to put that comment to the test (but I know we're better than that ;-))
            The fans were throwing stuff on the ice? For what?

Comment

These are my Huskies, with whom I am well pleased.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Yeah, NU fans would never throw anything, either on the ice or at opposing fans.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  The fans were throwing stuff on the ice? For what?
                  Ref had a quick whistle negating a UVM goal to potentially tie the game in the 3rd.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Watching the game on b2tv now.... Quality isn't bad...

$7 though so grab some buddies! FYI it's working on my mac. U just gotta have VLC
                    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Michael Hewkin is the worst player in this conference.

Comment

Just like i didn't think our 7-0 pounding of Dartmouth (who lost a close 4-3 decision to Vermont week before), reflected their club... our loss tonight should be viewed in the same light.

The tough loss tonight proves Vermont's offensive talent. Score not withstanding.. we split the wknd.

I'd be curious to learn what we didn't execute defensively tonight, that we did last night.

Work to be done no doubt.. but a split on the road against a quality opponent.. take it.. move on.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

OMG..Lets face it Mountain Sucks and Rawlings is good, then bad and seldom great! The bottom line is this... Sadly, team could wind up not making the HE tournament this year and if they win 15 games it will be amazing. This team is in trouble, they have never recovered losing Steve Quailer, the only legitimate 1st team all American on the roster.

I think and hope Cronin finally might have sent the 3rd goalie Bennington packing. As he rode the pine for nearly 3 years and never exhibited any potential between the pipes. I am hoping that they just offer him to play on the B team and give him the final year of a partial scholarship to get him gone, so we can make room 4 a new face in front of the net.

Check it out but I am fairly certain that he again was not on the bench in the games up in VT this weekend and he was not on the bench last week in Boston.

I drove to VT this weekend to see these games and left in the 3rd period tonight down 9 to 2.

Unfortunately, this season is likely over.....

Oh other players that don't cut the mustard the worse half of the brothers Danial's...My God, why do coaches take the extra bro as part of a package deal? ..The jean pool only produces one top player..multiple examples in the NHL! Gretzky had a little brother we called the "good one" when I played in Rochester and Danbury. He spent 25 years in minor league hockey...the Drew needs another year back at Kent prep.

Also Michael Hewkin is bye far the wost player in this league and I have no idea how he is still playing..he sucks and I have seen nearly 30 years of NU hockey from both the bench, ice and stands and aside from perhaps Crowder's kid Kevin he might be the worst player I have ever seen in a Huskies Jersey.

Other kids that should be working at your local Home Depot or Pure Hockey outlet Steve Silva.

The issue I see is that the team is individually talented with mostly good recruits yet they lack crucial on ice leadership.

Tyler McNeely is not a CAPTAIN..Sorry!

And here's a Newsflash... until we find a on ice leader we are going to continue to be at the the bottom of HE.

I mean really our team is now filled with kids form the top BCHL and US junior leagues and we got out buts handed to us by Merrimack in early December..it's unreal.

Check out how many goals we have scored this season, we can bearly cycle the puck.

We will need a top to bottom rebuilding if these guy's can't get it together mentally. Cronin looks like Moe after Curly has just slapped him in the face and spritzed him with a a gallon of H20.

Here is a hunch..if he can't figure this out by at least the end of next season year..He will be gone too! The university community and alumni as a whole now expect better and sustained results year in and year out.

Also, note worthy, is that Cronin can, now, with incentives, earn more then the President of the University thus those results can't be promises in the dark any longer.

Hoping only for a Bean Pot now as let's face it nothing else is really left!
                          Last edited by RossiRules; 01-17-2010, 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

we outshot them 27-24.. & gave up 9 goals on 24 shots!

not a good night for anyone playing goal.

we're still 3-3 in the new yr.

.500 will not get us home ice.. perhaps this yr we will have to steal it.. not with tonight's team.. but with the team that has come & gone, time to time this season, including last night.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Talented freshman class + Lack of veteran production and leadership = Jekyll and Hyde Routine + Cronin developing ulcers

Somebody please check my math...

Comment

We just didnt show up on Saturday, as simple as that. We got more on Friday than we thought we'd get the whole weekend so we took Saturday off. Here's to hoping our freshmen and sophmores develop, that's all I can hope for realistically now. Anyone know why students wasnt on the ice Saturday? Game off due to fatigue/ poor play? I mean if it's poor play then why was Hewkin out there? Meh, we better beat PC or we are donzo
                                Arenas Attended
                                Matthews Arena
                                Agganis Arena
                                Tsongas Arena
                                Lawler Arena
                                Schneider Arena
                                Mullins Center
                                TD Banknorth Garden
                                Conte Forum
                                Whittemore Center
                                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                                Alfond Arena