Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by citydog View Post
    In the lower bowl of the arena, the sound from the PA is just fine. Those speakers are fixed to the balcony above, pointing directly down to the lower bowl seats.
    When I was there for the BU game, I don't think they were on. Or maybe they weren't working. You could not hear the PA guy at all. Maybe it was just over in the visiting fans' area, but there was no sound coming out of any of those speakers.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      When I was there for the BU game, I don't think they were on. Or maybe they weren't working. You could not hear the PA guy at all. Maybe it was just over in the visiting fans' area, but there was no sound coming out of any of those speakers.
      She's right. There is no sound that seems to come out of those speakers..

Like i mentioned, i can (as a home fan), even live with the PA because i can make most of it out. I know its tougher on the visiting fans. But the immediate problem that must be addressed is the videboard 'audio' (as mentioned), is horrendous. For $10+mil.. we have to find a solution.

I understand the age of the arena but there must be some sound engineer out there.. who can make sure the mortals hear the king in the colosseum
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        She's right. There is no sound that seems to come out of those speakers..

Like i mentioned, i can (as a home fan), even live with the PA because i can make most of it out. I know its tougher on the visiting fans. But the immediate problem that must be addressed is the videboard 'audio' (as mentioned), is horrendous. For $10+mil.. we have to find a solution.

I understand the age of the arena but there must be some sound engineer out there.. who can make sure the mortals hear the king in the colosseum

I have this image of some Communications major on his/her first co-op sitting there trying to figure out the controls to the videoboard and sound system two minutes before game time. I know that's not accurate, but every time we have a glitch with the videoboard or I can't hear the PA guy I think about it.

"Ok...so the red button means we go to a replay feed...and the red button combined with the green button means....my dad's gonna kill me when he finds out this co-op is unpaid."

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/129625.html

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

I love these....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVizhD7MtWw

Tuckerman's long shot was a BEAST! I love the 2nd goal, too... great pass
            Last edited by choog; 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM.
            Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

It's friday and we let this slip to the third page? come on!
              2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

Unlike prev opponents, PC actually has a pretty good road record thus far.

Let's keep our heads cool, play disciplined hockey.
                Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great win 4-1; only negative Verolyk did not play; groin pull against Maine.

Comment

Northeastern has lit the lamp five times in its last two outings on the man-advantage and has scored a powerplay marker in every contest this season except the Boston College tilt (Nov. 7).
                    Wait what? Haha way to go Cronin! We wouldn't have believed that last year...

Also:
                    It was the first time Northeastern outshot its opponent since the home opener against Bentley
                    I think it's all starting to click! come on let's play three solid games in a row....
                    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Well played team! Good showing this weekend. Goodluck in the UVM gm & everyone have a safe, wonderful thanksgiving week & holiday weekend.

Go Huskies!
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

3-3/Based on what he has shown so far, Garrett Vermeersch, is NU’s top frosh and perhaps the team’s MVP. He had a great game tonight. The power play is better because of his play!

Comment

I didn't actually see him go down, but saw that he was on the ice for a little bit tonight. anybody see what happened? (i'm not even sure it was him, since I had a bad view of that corner of the ice where I was). MacLeod blocked a hard shot off his skate late in the game too, but I think he should be fine for next Friday. He'll probably have a solid bruise on his foot though.

Not quite as strong as last night, but not bad either. The last 5-10 minutes of the game they didn't look all that good (plus OT), but they held on for the tie. If they'd stayed strong for a full 60, I think they could have won that game. Beaudry looked good though, so who knows.
                          Go Huskies!

Comment

Vermy got hit, remained on the ice for a bit and then proceeded to skate off on his own power. He returned to the game later, so I'd presume he's fine.
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Mediocre effort tonight, but I'll take the 3-pt weekend. Vermeerch appeard to be slashed, unless my eyes were playing tricks on me. I'm still praying to God that when JP Maley and/or Driscoll comes/come back, Mike Hewkin will be a perpetual healthy scratch, he cost us at least one goal tonight...In fairness, Ellement wasn't great either.

Decent turnout by NU fans tonight too...Wish I could say the same for PC.

Actually, not really.
                              Last edited by NJ2NU; 11-21-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

(copied from the series thread because I'm lazy)

Yes, we need the clowns that choog doesn't want to sit with to irritate more of our players. New had a great night.

Can we hire the Dog House to come to more games? Granted our student section got lazy and started dropping F-bombs and generally humiliating themselves, but the atmosphere was awesome and two fanbases trying to out chant one another was awesome.

This team really does play better with Beaudry in net!

Bunyon sucks. But is that news to anyone?

Now go out there and WIN THE ****ING BEANPOT FOR ONCE!!! (wasn't paying attention the first four times, sorry)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X