• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Green ! Dartmouth Women ' s Hockey , 2009 - 2010

2-1 Dartmouth end of the first period.

Comment

3-2 Dartmouth at the end of the second period.

Comment

Re: Big Green ! Dartmouth Women ' s Hockey , 2009 - 2010

Dartmouth 4-2 after 3, with empty net goal by Amanda Trunzo.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Expect McGill to go 2-1 on this road trip. Dartmouth will prevail over them but the Martletts will win over Harvard and Yale.
          No one took my bet

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
            I agree with 23Fan actually....McGill is nowhere near the team it has been in the past without the Olympians on D and in net. While there are still a few top quality players, McGill now lacks the depth of most D1 teams, as perhaps suggested by the fact they went to OT with Vermont.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if McGill lost all three this weekend, though they do still have the advantage of having played a significant number of games now, while they are the first college team any of the Ivys will have faced this season.
            Agree that McGill is not as deep as last year, but still a formidable squad despite losing three big stars (Labonte, Ward, Leclerc). Their assistant coach has been with them for years, so she knows how to coach this team. Even with the loss tonight, they are still 3-2 for the year against D1 teams, both those losses coming against top 10 teams from last season. The game with Harvard could go either way, but McGill will win over Yale. Still sticking with my 2-1 road trip prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Seuss Fan View Post
              Dartmouth 4-2 after 3, with empty net goal by Amanda Trunzo.
              Overall Darty looked good. McGill came out flat in the first . . . we really outskated, outplayed and outshot them. They were opportunistic to get the game tied up at 2. They picked it up toward the end of the game but Darty kept the puck out of the net in the 3rd. The "d" did well cleaning up loose pucks around the net, particularly toward the end of the game.

Goaltending looked a bit shaky - hopefully just early jitters. (Lacina and Woodcox split the game.) It was also one of those situations where it's difficult for a 'tender to not see the puck for long periods of time, then face an opponent suddenly on the doorstep. Woodcox will need to work on preventing rebounds, but this should have been a big confidence boost for her.

All in all, the Dartmouth faithful were pleased with such a first game; the team looks like it's coming together really well.

Comment

Agree that McGill is not as deep as last year, but still a formidable squad despite losing three big stars (Labonte, Ward, Leclerc). Their assistant coach has been with them for years, so she knows how to coach this team. Even with the loss tonight, they are still 3-2 for the year against D1 teams, both those losses coming against top 10 teams from last season. The game with Harvard could go either way, but McGill will win over Yale. Still sticking with my 2-1 road trip prediction.
                OK, I'll bite...want to bet a Timmys on it...or perhaps even a Sam Adams if it can wait till next season?

Yes, McGill only lost to Top 10 teams last season, but that was with the big stars they no longer have. Conversely, they have not beaten a Top 10 team either. There is no way at all McGill will beat Harvard...look for a convincing Harvard win by at least 2 today.

The Yale game could still go either way, but I'll predict a tie there, and wouldn't be surprised either if Yale prevailed. I suspect that one will be a low scoring affair so the outcome may depend on penalties.

Comment

Glad to get a first-hand account.

Statistics seem to indicate Woodcock turned back all attempts while she was in goal (the final 27.41 minutes of 60.)

Last year Dartmouth lost five of their top 10 scorers to graduation, and for other reasons (rated as to points.) This includes Fischer as discussed above.Total points were 288 for the season for those top 10 players; lost were 142 points of production (49%.)

As to goals alone, the top 10 scorers accounted for 113 of 125 goals scored in 2008/2009; lost production was 46 (41%.)

Also as to goals only, the leading scorer- Trunzo, number two in scoring, Cunningham and the number four goal scorer, Parsons, remain. They accounted for 52 goals (46%) of the 113 goals scored last year by the top ten scorers.

Comment

OK, I'll bite...want to bet a Timmys on it...or perhaps even a Sam Adams if it can wait till next season?

Yes, McGill only lost to Top 10 teams last season, but that was with the big stars they no longer have. Conversely, they have not beaten a Top 10 team either. There is no way at all McGill will beat Harvard...look for a convincing Harvard win by at least 2 today.

The Yale game could still go either way, but I'll predict a tie there, and wouldn't be surprised either if Yale prevailed. I suspect that one will be a low scoring affair so the outcome may depend on penalties.
                    OK...So I owe you a Timmy ... You can collect in a week or so ...Just remind me.

Comment

OK...So I owe you a Timmy ... You can collect in a week or so ...Just remind me.
                      I'll have to take a rain check another time since we won't be there...have to wait till Provincials maybe.

So who you rooting for today

Comment

I'll have to take a rain check another time since we won't be there...have to wait till Provincials maybe.

So who you rooting for today
                        Rooting for many colors these days. Making impartial predictions is not the same as rooting for a team. I distinguish between the two.

Provincials it is.
                        Last edited by OnMAA; 10-25-2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I actually wouldn't be surprised if McGill lost all three this weekend, though they do still have the advantage of having played a significant number of games now, while they are the first college team any of the Ivys will have faced this season.
                          Dartmouth 4 McGill 2
                          Harvard 4 McGill 1
                          Yale 4 McGill 2

Comment

Dartmouth 4 McGill 2
                            Harvard 4 McGill 1
                            Yale 4 McGill 2

Looks like they are missing Labonte. Either way it's still only one Timmy.

Comment

Looks like they are missing Labonte. Either way it's still only one Timmy.
                              LOL. Have you ever seen the Timmys US Extra Large....its a family size.

Comment

LOL. Have you ever seen the Timmys US Extra Large....its a family size.
                                When south of the Border always have to remember to order a size down. Timmy's are invading various locales in the US more and more. The other day even noticed them advertised along one of the major Interstates.

Look out Dunkin. The invasion is coming.
                                Canucks run on Timmy. (The coffee not the donuts )

Comment

Working...
                                X