X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Looks like the University hired someone familiar to run the Arena: Nashua’s athletic director resigns
    Awesome... not really. Casey's a *****.

Comment

Well, he was certainly not a marketing guy. (understatement) He did manage an arena somewhere else before and apparently was very good at that part. I just hope they don't change who we have in marketing now. Those guys are just awesome and it would be a sin if we lose them!!

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
        If the visiting recruit is any good at all, then he will have other options besides Lowell. When he steps outside the arena and looks around at where he will be condemned to spend the next four years of his life if he were to choose Lowell after this, Lowell's one year a decade, look for him to sign somewhere else. If he's not very good, then he's perfect Lowell material.
        2008-09
        1995-97
        1987-88

If there's anyone who knows about being good once a decade, it's UVM!
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          I love trolls!
          You should show a little more respect for you wife
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            At what point do you anticipate your unique blend of stupidity and lack of wit finally coming together?

I'm guessing well before you post something that resembles anything close to an intelligent thought. I thought it was quite amusing myself.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              I'm guessing well before you post something that resembles anything close to an intelligent thought. I thought it was quite amusing myself.
              You're a prime reason I can't be totally appalled whenever the topic of eugenics is brought up.

Ignoring Cletus and his jug band for half a second, Merrimack seems to score a lot of gritty, dirty goals out front from what I can gather from game reports. Seems to me we'd rather have Hutton and his quickness in net over Hamilton, who I imagine we'll see Tuesday.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                You should show a little more respect for you wife
                "You wife?"

I hope my girlfriend doesn't find out about her.
                Last edited by UMLFan; 11-19-2009, 08:41 AM.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  Merrimack seems to score a lot of gritty, dirty goals out front from what I can gather from game reports. Seems to me we'd rather have Hutton and his quickness in net over Hamilton, who I imagine we'll see Tuesday.
                  I'd agree with this. And it's a must that Lowell play solid defense ... this MC team can score.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Awesome... not really. Casey's a *****.
                    I don't really understand this attitude... yeah, he's not the world's most flexible person or easy going and I can see how he can ruffle some people but it always seemed to me that he worked hard at what he does. I can't say I've ever had problems with the man but obviously I haven't had to interact with him too much. Its always seemed to me that he did good work for us I can't imagine he won't be able to help.

Bottom line is the school wouldn't have brought him in if they thought he wasn't going to be helpful.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                      If anyone is interested, the Newburyport Daily News had a small article on Chris Eisenman committing to UML today, though I do not see a copy of it online.
                      Thanks for the info. I can't believe we have to wait three years for this kid, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in goal at Lowell.

BTW, a request for Lowell fans ... can we all stop posting on the UVM boards, and "let us idiots be stupid and like Vermont" please? I have never minded other fans coming onto our thread and talking about the team, but this BS nonsense from grantfan (and now the always nonsensical jcarter joining in) is just a pain.
                      Monty

Comment

The Lowell Sun has a brief article about the Eisermans: Oh, brother: UML nets two recruits
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Since I'm probably the only one that finds this interesting ... a look ahead to 2010/2011.

Here's what our roster would currently look like, and if someone spots a mistake, let me know:

Defense (9):
                          Seniors: Ryan Blair, Maury Edwards
                          Juniors: Tim Corcoran, Tim Carr (RS),
                          Sophomores: Chris Ickert, Colin Wright
                          Freshmen: Julian Melchiori, Will Rayner, Chad Ruhwedel

Forwards (14):
                          Seniors: Scott Campbell, Patrick Cey, Jason DeLuca,
                          Juniors: Michael Budd, Matt Ferreira, Michael Scheu, David Vallorani,
                          Sophomores: Joe Caveney, Robert Visca, Riley Wetmore
                          Freshmen: Tyler Brickler, Nick Curry, Joe Pendanza, Shayne Thompson

Goalies (2):
                          Sophomore: T.J. Massie
                          Freshman: Marc Boulanger

Since Visca hasn't played yet, he could be a redshirt freshman next year. I'm making the assumption the Heffron won't be back, especially if they get Carr to commit?

So at this point, that leaves us at 25 on the roster. You'd have to figure a third goalie (either Carr or Heffron) would make it 26. I'm figuring maybe another 2 forwards?

Thoughts? Also you have to figure, we already have our two D recruits to replace Blair and Edwards in 2011.
                          Last edited by UMLFan; 11-19-2009, 12:48 PM.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            The Lowell Sun has a brief article about the Eisermans: Oh, brother: UML nets two recruits
                            The Sun's actually talking about recruits? Wow.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Since I'm probably the only one that finds this interesting ... a look ahead to 2010/2011.

Here's what our roster would currently look like, and if someone spots a mistake, let me know:

Defense (9):
                              Seniors: Ryan Blair, Maury Edwards
                              Juniors: Tim Corcoran, Tim Carr (RS),
                              Sophomores: Chris Ickert, Colin Wright
                              Freshmen: Julian Melchiori, Will Rayner, Chad Ruhwedel

Forwards (14):
                              Seniors: Scott Campbell, Patrick Cey, Jason DeLuca,
                              Juniors: Michael Budd, Matt Ferreira, Michael Scheu, David Vallorani,
                              Sophomores: Joe Caveney, Robert Visca, Colin Wright
                              Freshmen: Tyler Brickler, Nick Curry, Joe Pendanza, Shayne Thompson

Goalies (2):
                              Sophomore: T.J. Massie
                              Freshman: Marc Boulanger

Since Visca hasn't played yet, he could be a redshirt freshman next year. I'm making the assumption the Heffron won't be back, especially if they get Carr to commit?

So at this point, that leaves us at 25 on the roster. You'd have to figure a third goalie (either Carr or Heffron) would make it 26. I'm figuring maybe another 2 forwards?

Thoughts? Also you have to figure, we already have our two D recruits to replace Blair and Edwards in 2011.
                              Monty, I think your right about couple more forwards. I also think they will bring in at least another defenseman. Wright is listed as a defenseman and forward. I bet he stays as a forward, but it's nice insurance to know he can play back. I believe he was getting some time on the point during the PP in Huntsville. It will be interesting to see if Edwards will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Monty, I think your right about couple more forwards. I also think they will bring in at least another defenseman. Wright is listed as a defenseman and forward. I bet he stays as a forward, but it's nice insurance to know he can play back. I believe he was getting some time on the point during the PP in Huntsville. It will be interesting to see if Edwards will be back.
                                If he comes back, this team I think (depending on Massie and Boulanger) can compete for home ice again.

I was trying to figure out where to put Wright, but left him at D for now. If he moves to forward officially, then that definitely opens up a D spot. We currently have 29 players on the roster this year, so if Coach MacDonald tries to keep it as such, we've got space for 4 players (including a third netminder).
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X