X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    he redshirted last year right, so he's only technically a freshman hockey wise? He'll most likely be able to crack the line-up next year and have 3 years of solid ice time if he's good enough.
    That's true. But not playing this year puts him pretty even with the freshmen coming in next year as well (playing time wise, not knowledge of the system wise).

Next year, the D corps will be:
    Sr: Blair, Edwards (big if)
    Jr: Corcoran
    RS So: Carr
    So: Wright (if he returns to the blue line)
    RS Fr: Ickert
    Fr: Rayner, Melchiori

Right now, depending on Edwards (and assuming Wright goes back to D), we're probably looking at only 7 blue liners next year.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 10-29-2009, 08:29 AM.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Stats for UML recruits through last night ...
      Code:
      Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
      Tyler Brickler      LW   Sioux City (USHL)          5'11  175  01/27/91  3  0  3    3    0
      Julian Melchiori    LD   Newmarket Hurricanes (CCHL) 6'1  180  12/06/91 15  5 11   16   10
      Joe Pendanza        LW   Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL)   5'10  180  11/22/90 13  7  7   14    4
      Will Rayner         RD   Lincoln Stars (USHL))       6'1  190  01/19/90  5  0  0    0    6
      Shayne Thompson     LW   Brockville Braves (CJHL)   5'11  195  06/13/89 18 10 18   28   18

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  W  L  T  %       GAA
      Marc Boulanger       G   Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)       5'11  165  03/27/90  9  2  5  2 90.2%   2.91
      T.J. Massie          G   Boston Jr Bruins (EJHL)    5'11  165  05/03/90 10  4  3  1 90.8%   4.04

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
      William Eiserman    LD   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)     5'11  187  07/21/92  6  0  4    4    0
      Colton Saucerman    RD   Des Moines Bucaneers (USHL) 5'9  170  05/05/92  8  0  0    0   20
      Assumptions being made (not sure on either of this officially) is that Massie is returning to Lowell. I'm hearing more and more that this is a certain thing.

*Thompson's 28 points has him currently tied for eighth in CJHL scoring.
      *Melchiori's 16 points have him fifth amongst all defensemen in the CCHL.

I'm making the assumption that Lowell will be going after Chris Eiserman (William's brother). He's starting quite a few games for the Monarchs so far (over BC commit for 2010 Brian Billett). Not sure if it's due to injuries or not. Anyway, Eiserman has a 6-1 record, with a 90.8% save rate and a 3.76 GAA.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Massie's stats are kind of worrisome, no?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          Massie's stats are kind of worrisome, no?
          From what I've heard and just looking at the Jr Bruins games, their defense has been suspect. The GAA isn't great, but I do expect that and the save rate to be a bit higher by the end of the year.
          Monty

Comment

Massie looks to be improving as he won the EJHL Goaltender of the Week for last week.
            MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
            NCAA Appearance: 2007
            1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
            http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

I believe Rayner has missed a few games lately due to injury. I'm not sure what's going on with Brickler, 3 points in 3 games, but he seems to be in and out the line up for Sioux City, who have played a total of 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                I believe Rayner has missed a few games lately due to injury. I'm not sure what's going on with Brickler, 3 points in 3 games, but he seems to be in and out the line up for Sioux City, who have played a total of 7 games.
                The leading point getter for that team has only 5 points in 7 games as well.
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Rox22 View Post
                  Massie looks to be improving as he won the EJHL Goaltender of the Week for last week.
                  Thanks! From the EJHL's site...
                  T.J. may have only played in one game last weekend, but he certainly made the most of his opportunity. In a game where his Junior Bruins teammates were outshot 40-18, Massie turned away 38 shots to give his team a 3-2 victory. The Lexington, MA, native will play for UMASS-Lowell next fall.
                  Monty

Comment

Off topic:

- The Field hockey team won their NE-10 Quarterfinal game 4-1. They will take on Bentley in the semifinals Saturday.
                    - Women's Soccer lost their regular season finale to Merrimack 1-0. They will host Stonehill Sunday in the first round of the NE-10 Tournament.
                    - Men's Soccer ended their regular season with a 2-0 loss to Merrimack. The team had a very tough season finishing at only 4-12-0.

Comment

- Women's Soccer lost their regular season finale to Merrimack 1-0. They will host Stonehill Sunday in the first round of the NE-10 Tournament.
                      Speaking of women's soccer, how about Jamie Gillis breaking the NCAA D-II record for consecutive shutout minutes and getting in SI's "Faces in the Crowd"? She graduated from Billerica High a year ahead of me, so that's pretty cool.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Speaking of women's soccer, how about Jamie Gillis breaking the NCAA D-II record for consecutive shutout minutes and getting in SI's "Faces in the Crowd"? She graduated from Billerica High a year ahead of me, so that's pretty cool.
                        Was awesome for her and for the team (and for the school).

Hell, if you're a soccer fan like I am ... that's an extremely impressive record.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Was awesome for her and for the team (and for the school).

Hell, if you're a soccer fan like I am ... that's an extremely impressive record.
                          Monty, What happened to the Men's Soccer team this year? Expectations were pretty high.

Comment

Monty, What happened to the Men's Soccer team this year? Expectations were pretty high.
                            I'm wondering the same. I don't know if it was new coach, new style or what ... but that was a debacle compared to what was expected.

Just looked at Holy Cross to see how Coach Priestly did. That team had 22 returning players, went 9-5-5 and lost in the Patriot League Championship game last season. They wound up 4-10 this year.
                            Last edited by UMLFan; 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM.
                            Monty

Comment

Just my opinion, but expect to see the P & S on the arena signed tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                                Just my opinion, but expect to see the P & S on the arena signed tomorrow night.
                                Based on the Sun article it sounded like they want to get done and announce it at the game tomorrow night. Hopefully they get a full house for the game, any word how tickets are going?

Comment

Working...
                                X