Air Force Hockey 2009-2010 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force Hockey 2009-2010 Season Thread

Looks like it may be another great season ahead of us. I see the Falcons are picked to win the AHA regular season crown.

We lost Olson, Flynn, Mayra, Frider and Phillipich...bring back Volkening, Sellers, Fairchild, Hajner, Nylander and Lamoureux among others.

Freshman coming in:
    Eric Artman, 5-9, 170, D, East Lansing, Mich./Topeka Roadrunners (NAHL) The Topeka Roadrunners' top scoring defenseman

35 David Bosner, 6-0, 175, G, Chesterfield, Mo./Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL) Played in 33 games for the Bismarck Bobcats and had a 24-7-1 record ... second in NAHL with 1.78 GAA and .933 saves percentage ... 24 wins were the second most in the league

14 Clinton Bourbonais, 5-11, 180, F, Whitmore Lake, Mich./St. Louis Bandits (NAHL) Led the St. Louis Bandits and was 17th in the league with 53 points (20-33-53)

19 Stephen Carew, 5-10, 175, F, Eden Prairie, Minn./Owatonna Express (NAHL)

18 Kyle De Laurell, 6-1, 180, F, Mission Viejo, Calif./Wichita Falls Wildcats (NAHL) Led the Wichita Falls Wildcats in points per game at 1.19

11 Dan Durham, 5-11, 175, F, Chicago, Ill./North Iowa Outlaws (NAHL)

27 John Kruse, 6-0, 180, F, Eden Prairie, Minn./Owatonna Express (NAHL) Played 34 games for the Owatonna Express and had 33 points (11-22-33)

24 Mike Walsh, 5-10, 190, D, Vernon Hills, Ill./Chicago Steel (USHL)

Kevin Wright is no longer eligible to play, per the NCAA, which is unbelievable: http://www.gazette.com/sports/wright...ckey-ncaa.html

Should be a very fun season, indeed! Exhibition game next Monday vs. Calgary, then Bemidji St. the following weekend!

Re: Air Force Hockey 2009-2010 Season Thread

The Falcons looked great against Calgary the other night. Jacques Lamoureux is off to another great start...scored the first two goals of the game.

A couple of tough games this weekend at Bemidji State...remember, last year we took both games...6-2 and 6-0. Should be a great series!

Comment

Anyone know why Matt Fairchild and Brad Sellers didn't play against Calgary?
      Two pretty big pieces of the puzzle.
      2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
      2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
      Air Force Falcons
      2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
      2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
      2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
      2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
      2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Go Force!!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I'm looking forward to spending some time in the Fieldhouse this year, having just scored an instructor position at USAFA. We move to the Springs in January, so I'll see some of you in the stands!

Go Air Force!

I'm not changing my username, though. And I still don't want to talk about last year's tournament!
          Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
            I'm looking forward to spending some time in the Fieldhouse this year, having just scored an instructor position at USAFA. We move to the Springs in January, so I'll see some of you in the stands!

Go Air Force!

I'm not changing my username, though. And I still don't want to talk about last year's tournament!
            First of all LET'S talk about last year's tournament. And secondly, what the bleep took you so long to get your lazy a/s/s over here to make a post? And you call yourself officer material.

Have fun in Alaska and don't freeze any vital organs.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
              First of all LET'S talk about last year's tournament. And secondly, what the bleep took you so long to get your lazy a/s/s over here to make a post? And you call yourself officer material.

Have fun in Alaska and don't freeze any vital organs.
              Mark the calendar for DU's impending defeat:
              DU @ Air Force: 6 February 2010

Incidentally, that's the 99th anniversary of the Gipper's birth. A good omen for our future servicemen!

I fly up to Anchorage on Friday, and will give you full details.
              Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Mark the calendar for DU's impending defeat:
                DU @ Air Force: 6 February 2010

Incidentally, that's the 99th anniversary of the Gipper's birth. A good omen for our future servicemen!

I fly up to Anchorage on Friday, and will give you full details.
                The hellacious spanking the Falcons will receive from the Pioneers is scheduled to tke place at the academy. I sense a possible hockey rendez-vous in the offing.

Safe travels to and from the Great White North!
                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                  Anyone know why Matt Fairchild and Brad Sellers didn't play against Calgary?
                  Two pretty big pieces of the puzzle.
                  Great question...I should have an answer by the end of the day...stay tuned!

Comment

Air Force Coach's Show

Highlights and a preview of the upcoming series updated every Wed.
                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Go Air Force!

Congrats on your USAFA assignment!

We have a core group of fans that go to every home game together...we sit in General Admission, top row, behind the penalty box. Usually get there 1hr early. Let us know when you get here!

Go Air Force!

p.s. Anyone else notice the new Air Force jersey's this year? They look great!

Comment

New again this year? Last year's were new, with the olympic-style stripes and the airplane-style insignia (white star in a blue circle) on the shoulders.
                        What do they have now?
                        Air Force Falcons

Comment

RIT fan here wishing the AFA good luck in the 09-10 season. Looking forward to several well-played games against you this regular and perhaps we will meet again in the post season.

Cheers.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                            p.s. Anyone else notice the new Air Force jersey's this year? They look great!
                            Can somebody post a photo?

Comment

Here's the only photo I've seen from this year, and they're the same as last year's.
                              http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...n/3641891.jpeg
                              Air Force Falcons

Comment

Working...
                              X