Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO Mavericks: Your 2009 Offseason National Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO Mavericks: Your 2009 Offseason National Champions!

Obviously, UNO has had a big, big offseason, with the Blais/Hastings arrival, the vast energy (and big money) Trev Alberts has brought to UNO Athletics, and of course, the news that UNO will conclude its run in the CCHA and move to the Dub starting in the fall of '10.

Here's the question to you, students of the game: What does history teach about massive changes to a hockey program in the first year or two following change, even changes as apparently positive as these? If the player psychology is anything like fan psychology, is a revolutionary change in outcome possible?

What are your team's experiences with massive change? What should fans of a team that has had one coach to date expect? What will we experience, not just in terms of wins and losses, but experiencing the game overall?

Lines are open.

Re: UNO Mavericks: Your 2009 Offseason National Champions!

Dean Blais is perhaps the most overrated coach in the history of college hockey, if not college athletics, if not all athletics.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'll see your Mavs and raise you the BSU Beavers:

- Frozen Four, which raised the national profile of the program, creating recruiting opportunities not previously available
      - Ground Breaking for a state of the art new arena
      - Gaining acceptance to the WCHA, saving the program from the demise of the CHA, also creating recruiting opportunities not previously available

So, I declare BSU the 2009 Offseason National Champs!

Now, that said, I think UNO's got a lot going for them. In fact, I thought it was quite interesting that when Brock Nelson committed to North Dakota last week, his other two choices were BSU and UNO. I can guarantee that if these two schools hadn't been neck and neck for the off season N/C, that wouldn't have happened...
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Since Moose and MavRick are obviously biased, I think some independent votes are needed. As much as I like what happened for BSU though, I think mine goes to UNO. Not sure why, they just seemed to achieve more to me.
        Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Dean Blais is perhaps the most overrated coach in the history of college hockey, if not college athletics, if not all athletics.
          His tragic downfall, from playing for the greatest college hockey team of all time, to being forced to coach a bunch of older Canadians on a flat hellish treeless wasteland, and having to throw out all decency by wearing a racist mascot is monumental.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

While I agree the Maverick is an incredibly racist mascot, UNO only has four Canucks and really only one of those is overaged, Happy.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
            X