Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    Ralph and GLM-

How do you guys get the pictures under your usernames??
    It's on of the "benefits" for paying for USCHO Extra.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Union is in the top 20 of INCH's first power rankings of the season:

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...polls_0803.htm
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

From Ken Schott's blog, Welsh was given the ECAC Rookie of the Week Award for this past weekend
        National Champions 2014!
        Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
        Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
        Let's Go U!!!

Comment

I loved the way the team looked over the weekend. The balanced and abundant scoring and a defense that started to answer some of the questions left after the '09 senior departures was very encouraging. I honestly think the talent level on this team is the best ever. The danger is in reading too much into the weekend's success but I don't think the coaching staff is likely to let that happen, especially with a quality opponent coming up this weekend.

The frosh looked awesome, including Welsh, Forgaard, and Coburn. Little (?) Simpson looks like he has a real nose for the puck and some skills to go with it and White looks like he could be a force. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm going forward but have to admit its difficult.

It looks like some more scoring punch is on the way next season too, 2010 recruit Daniel Carr is tied for the lead in scoring in the AJHL, with 28 pts in 13 games.

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/stats_...1705&link=AJHL

The coaching staff is doing a phenomenal job IMO in upgrading the offense as we've seen the past few seasons.

I'm wondering if we'll see Kinkaid in action this weekend and also the mystery man Ekstrom?

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Like what I'm hearing about this past weekend . I can't wait to see this year's team in person...gotta get through the kids soccer season first. I've always been leary of preseason rankings and those coming from INCH, but being placed just above Michigan State? Mind boggling...not sure if I can fathom it after all these years . God, I hope this season is going to be as fun as we all hope! GoooooooooU!

Comment

Who's excited for this weekend at St. Cloud? Anyone here making the trip?
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

A free-slate weekend of nothing to do this weekend. So im spending it listening to the game(s) and having a guiness (or two)
                Let's go Dutch
                Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

I see you guys getting a taste of the St Clown fans on their thread..lol...aren't they something ?? Great first weekend and GL this upcoming weekend !!
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm liking that the official blog seems to be uploading video all the goals from the games this year. At least the home ones.
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      I see you guys getting a taste of the St Clown fans on their thread..lol...aren't they something ?? Great first weekend and GL this upcoming weekend !!
                      What hath Red Cloud wrought?

Comment

what a bitter guy. I almost feel sorry for RPI & St. Clown fans

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Well, not all of us. It's certainly the most entertaining non-hockey-related thread I've ever read, however.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Five page thread, nice!

Comment

Unionathletics.com has been revamped. Not sure if I like the new site layout, the colors are better, but the old site seemed simpler.
                              National Champions 2014!
                              Let's Go U!!!

Comment

I like it alot, Im starting to like the updates, updated pictures every game etc. Kuddos to everyone in the Athletic Dept.
                                Let's go Dutch
                                Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Working...
                                X