Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Students in for free?! Lucky..... even at HFH, the students only got in for free on Black Friday unless they were with the band, field house staff, press, or ambulance squad. Obviously players get some comp tickets for the parents, but other than that...

Also, pay the 8 bucks, you'd probably get better seats. IIRC, isn't your student section near one of the goals?
    It's been a few years now since being a student but I do believe there is a separate entrance for students on the side and you can just scan your ID card to get in. They must cap it at 300. And yeah the student section is certainly not the best seats in the house.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Students in for free?! Lucky..... even at HFH, the students only got in for free on Black Friday unless they were with the band, field house staff, press, or ambulance squad. Obviously players get some comp tickets for the parents, but other than that...

Also, pay the 8 bucks, you'd probably get better seats. IIRC, isn't your student section near one of the goals?
      It is...right next to the goal where the visitors are shooting in the first & third periods. One would think they'd swap it to the other end, but I don't believe there are as many seats. Of course, those seats are usually occupied by visiting fans, so why would Union let them see their team try and score for 40 minutes?
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Yeah, there is a separate entrance on the side of the rink for students. They count how many go in through that entrance and they allow up to 300 students in for free. Last weekend against RPI, 300 students had already entered by 6:20 and buying the $8 ticket was not even an option for the hundreds of students who got shut out because the game was completely sold out.

The view isn't the greatest but I've been sitting in section Q since Freshman year and I'm not about to change that now.
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
          Yeah, there is a separate entrance on the side of the rink for students. They count how many go in through that entrance and they allow up to 300 students in for free. Last weekend against RPI, 300 students had already entered by 6:20 and buying the $8 ticket was not even an option for the hundreds of students who got shut out because the game was completely sold out.

The view isn't the greatest but I've been sitting in section Q since Freshman year and I'm not about to change that now.
          Keep doing what you're doing and get loud! BTW, whatever happened to the band?

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Of course our students section is right behind the penalty boxes, and RPI shoots at the band for 40 minutes.

Scan your cards? Sounds like a decent idea. Granted our students can get tickets through an advantage dollar thing on the card scanners, but still need to buy tickets, since the school doesn't own the building outright.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Keep doing what you're doing and get loud! BTW, whatever happened to the band?
              Being loud is something I have no problem with.

As you know, I was never actually IN the band but I was in communication with the band leader last year going over good songs to play and stuff like that. Anyway, the band fell apart last year due to lack of funding and lack of interest. I spoke to the band leader again this past fall and he said that he had received A LOT more interest this year and things were looking good. That being said, here we are almost at the end of January, still with no band.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I'd guess that if the band needed some seed money that the Garnet Blades might be able to help out.

Comment

Union gets a shout out on yahoo's popular hockey blog:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...aining-content

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                    Union gets a shout out on yahoo's popular hockey blog:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...aining-content
                    You're welcome.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

10 mins to gametime and the union pep band is setting up across the way. They must have been reading this thread. Kinkaid starts. Go U!

Comment

Well that was a strange game.. I swear I've never seen Union dominate someone like that and lose.. actually reminded me of some of the games against Atlantic schools, only this was Hahvahd and their 15 NHL draftees.. too bad, cause the crowd was great and even had A BAND .

Of more concern, the boys seemed a bit tense offensively and seemed to be gripping the sticks a little tight. Too much overpassing and fancy plays at times. Seemed to have problems getting in close on Carroll, though he was outstanding. Also thought the team sorta lost their composure a bit in the last period, not to mention Boileau taking another TERRIBLE penalty in the last 2 minutes of the game .

Tomorrow's game is now huge IMO as U needs to get back on track and prevent a prolonged skid. I'd like to think this was just a hot goalie and an aberration, but tomorrow will tell the tale. Would not surprise if there are a couple lineup changes and maybe see Milan in goal.
                        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

crap

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                            crap
                            Hey- always hurts to see a string broken. But in this case it kinda relieves pressure. Like a stock market correction. Your team looks great this year and Harvard is probably a lot better than their record thus far. My guess is this is your year to at least get to the semifinals in Albany. I hope RPI too, to sell the place out and get the ECACH honchos to slap their foreheads over the decision to go to Atlantic City.
                            A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

A strange game indeed last night. Shots galore and a lot of quality ones. There were plenty of rebounds too, but few Union sticks in the landing area to knock them home. This is one of the more offensively challenged Harvard teams that I recall seeing, but no matter, Harvard owns Union for some perplexing reason that seems to have nothing to do with logic. Kind of like the Starr curse. In the past it was definitely the talent level of the respective programs, not so much now, and I do realize U finally beat them at Messa last season.

I've got to say that out of curiosity I tried to keep an eye on Leblanc and though he's got some wheels, he wasn't much of a factor and he took a couple of very bad penalties. Despite the hype, he's is after all a freshman and probably not yet ready for prime time, i.e. pro hockey. I'd be happy to have him though.

I would guess that Milan will get the start tonight and Boileau and/or others may sit. Apparently Yanovich is still nursing a bad ankle.

The streak is over but we're still in first. Tonight's game is of course very important and Union had best be prepared for a tough go with another team that has always given us fits.

Comment

That game really hurt. I felt like we outplayed them the entire time but Carroll was just ridiculous. When it was 2-1 Harvard, I completely expected that Union would come back to either tie or get the win...I guess I've been a bit spoiled this year. Anyway, we dropped to #13 in the Pairwise but it's still early.

Tonight's game result will tell us a lot about this team. I really hope they make a statement and beat Dartmouth by 3+ goals but I'd take a win any way we can get it.

As for the band in last night's game...bleh. They need more firepower. A LOT more firepower. We could barely hear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X