Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Congrats !!! What's better than being a Union fan these days !! You're definitely for real this year...Good luck going out !! (Till you come to Starr that is) WTG !!!
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Polls are nice, but the PWR is what counts for at-large bids to the NCAA. Union is now alone at 13. They are in rarified air, but with a long way yet to go.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Being in first place is pretty neat but of course there is a long way to go. To me the greatest significance is that it validates the progress this program, its coaches and players have been making. There's still plenty of work to be done and perhaps for the first time ever, Union will have a target on their respective backs. I would be surprised if the coaching staff or the team is going to get very carried away by this. As far as the fans are concerned, Party On!

Comment

Great day to be a Union fan, still a long way to go but it seems like the staff and team are keeping the right attitude about the newfound success. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            I would be surprised if the coaching staff or the team is going to get very carried away by this. As far as the fans are concerned, Party On!
            I said this earlier, but I really don't think Nate will let them get complacent. They seem to know there's a lot of time left and now that they're in first place, the target will be on their back. RPI will have them in their sights next weekend.
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
              I said this earlier, but I really don't think Nate will let them get complacent. They seem to know there's a lot of time left and now that they're in first place, the target will be on their back. RPI will have them in their sights next weekend.
              Yeah I am glad that the week they climbed into first is the week they are prepping for RPI. Having played 3 times already and all of them being extremely close should keep them focused for the week.
              National Champions 2014!
              Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
              Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
              Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Congrats on first guys! You earned it. Maybe we'll see ya up at your barn in a few weeks.

Comment

Enjoy your stay at the top of the standings! Don't forget your last regular season game is "that game at Starr" -- maybe that's a good thing for you guys
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Very proud to be a Union fan today.

My question is, who starts in net this weekend? I think Milan will start because of his play against Q, not that I would agree with that decision. I don't trust Milan at all. Will Nate keep a rotation going or ride what he thinks is the "hot hand"?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post

My question is, who starts in net this weekend? I think Milan will start because of his play against Q, not that I would agree with that decision. I don't trust Milan at all. Will Nate keep a rotation going or ride what he thinks is the "hot hand"?
                      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post

I'd guess that Milan will start too, and IMO it may be justified. Kinkaid has really not looked that good in the last 3-4 games and his GA numbers in those games bear it out. I think Keith's potential is still outstanding and he is definitely going to help the team this season, but he does have some improving to do. He does not seem as confident on his angles and gets caught too deep in the crease at times. This is probably just the adjustment to the quicker game at the college level.

The one thing that Milan did really well on Saturday was get to the puck on dump-ins and make quick passes out of the zone. Q-pac does a lot of dump-ins and uses their speed to get puck possession and Milan really negated that. That is one skill where Kinkaid needs a lot of improvement.
                        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                          I'd guess that Milan will start too, and IMO it may be justified. Kinkaid has really not looked that good in the last 3-4 games and his GA numbers in those games bear it out. I think Keith's potential is still outstanding and he is definitely going to help the team this season, but he does have some improving to do. He does not seem as confident on his angles and gets caught too deep in the crease at times. This is probably just the adjustment to the quicker game at the college level.

The one thing that Milan did really well on Saturday was get to the puck on dump-ins and make quick passes out of the zone. Q-pac does a lot of dump-ins and uses their speed to get puck possession and Milan really negated that. That is one skill where Kinkaid needs a lot of improvement.
                          I thought this was a good analysis, and makes a lot of sense. I am not as expert an observer as ADK, but one thing I noticed with Cory is that he seems to have a bit of trouble with pucks high to his glove side. He's probably not alone in that perceived deficiency. I think if it hadn't been for those two faceoff goals against Yale, Cory would not have been dislodged from his number one position. He is a great handler of the puck and that no doubt will be a big plus against RPI. KK did however right the ship when things were looking a bit leaky and posted some huge wins. He could well develop into one of U's best ever at the position.

Comment

Our boys are up to lucky #13 in the latest poll.
                            2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

Really the Goaltending job is really 50/50 for Saturday, Milan has been pretty decent his last two outings and Leaman can shake things up with the scenery with RPI and put him in, downside again is the upstairs holes he is vulnarable with so far.

Kincaid I do agree on his analysis that ADK described, tough choice, you go with who's hotter and different scenery in the net? or who has the most experience with RPI and the most wins against them this season?
                              Let's go Dutch
                              Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Hey guys, just a reminder that the Hobey Baker voting is going on right now. As most of you know, Union has two nominees: Mario Valery-Trabucco and Mike Schreiber. Schreibz, who is having a great season for Union, only has 20 votes. However, Mario has 1,574 votes and currently sits in 8th place in the voting. He is only 25 votes behind number 6. The top ten make it to the final round of voting so vote as many times as you can! http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/

On a separate note, this Union/RPI game is not only going to be sold out on Saturday, but it is going to be overcapacity. There are only limited tickets still available and then the standing room tickets will be sold. I set up an event on facebook yesterday to get students excited about our team and about the game and 425 students have already confirmed that they will be at this game. It's only Wednesday...Over 400 still haven't replied. The turnout should be HUGE.
                                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Working...
                                X