Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

When it comes to radio coverage, nobody dominates the airwaves like the Dutch's Matt "Tiny" DuBrey!
    2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
      anything special we should know? are there a limited # of feeds so I might get locked out?
      Thanks for the info...again
      You guys are setting the bar for coverage....both video and radio. Not saying your announcers are better then ours (I think I just opened a can of worms ) but there is no comparison when it comes to technology
      Not sure if RH will be back before the game or not, but to my knowledge there isn't a limitation to number on viewers watching the stream. I believe he said there were over 150 viewers of either the Cornell or Colgate game last weekend. The streaming is provided by a third party so there are no limitations coming from RPI's end of things.

The feed does sometimes lag behind radio by varying amounts of time, but I believe that has been mostly remedied by streaming from a faster connection on campus.
      APBWiki

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        Not sure if RH will be back before the game or not, but to my knowledge there isn't a limitation to number on viewers watching the stream. I believe he said there were over 150 viewers of either the Cornell or Colgate game last weekend. The streaming is provided by a third party so there are no limitations coming from RPI's end of things.

The feed does sometimes lag behind radio by varying amounts of time, but I believe that has been mostly remedied by streaming from a faster connection on campus.
        Assuredly the Cornell game. It was mentioned on eLynah http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,151127 which probably attracted a lot of Cornell fans.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New recruit for 2011 according to the Heis. Trevor Mingoia (Berkshire Prep). Should be a good battle on the ice tonight, also a good one when you get to HFH.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post

And for comparison there were only about 50 for the last Union-RPI game.
            National Champions 2014!
            Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
            Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
            Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
              And for comparison there were only about 50 for the last Union-RPI game.
              Yep, there are no limitations to the free Ustream feed. Ustream easily scales to handle thousands of viewers on other feeds.

The Ustream feed is "unofficial" though, in that if you want to watch RPI Hockey you're "supposed" to pay $7 and watch it on B2. RPI TV receives absolutely $0.00 from B2, so we have little motivation to steer visitors their way. I'm not sure that anyone in the RPI administration knows about the stream, in fact some of my superiors in RPI TV aren't pleased with the stream. Ustream is an interim solution until we move to a completely RPI TV controlled stream next season.
              RPI Class of 2012
              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                Yep, there are no limitations to the free Ustream feed. Ustream easily scales to handle thousands of viewers on other feeds.

The Ustream feed is "unofficial" though, in that if you want to watch RPI Hockey you're "supposed" to pay $7 and watch it on B2. RPI TV receives absolutely $0.00 from B2, so we have little motivation to steer visitors their way. I'm not sure that anyone in the RPI administration knows about the stream, in fact some of my superiors in RPI TV aren't pleased with the stream. Ustream is an interim solution until we move to a completely RPI TV controlled stream next season.
                Aren't pleased? Sounds like a bunch of cake eaters.

I could understand setting up a fee system for a radius, because if you live close enough to Houston, you should go to the game. Sort of like how NFL blackout rules work, where they don't show it in a local TV market unless the game is sold out. But in any case, this discussion is for a different thread.

Comment

Congrats on a full 60 minutes tonight!
                  Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Amazing ending.

MVT (or should I say MVP) is an absolute sniper!
                    Honestly though, that 2nd period was the worst period I've seen Union play all season.

Comment

AnthonySaxe
                      "Amazing ending. - MVT (or should I say MVP) is an absolute sniper!
                      Honestly though, that 2nd period was the worst period I've seen Union play all season."
                      Really the worst period? I would check that and rewind back to the Sacred Heart game or Brown game at home for one of the worst periods this year.

Tonight the 2nd period was a slow start, but the dutch picked up but I think York was the cause of all the scoring frustration to get the Union PP or the Union offense back into the game.

I don't think this game lacked in anything at all.

Both teams I think came out blazing, yeah the 2nd was a so/so performance wise for fans, but teams hunkered down defensively.

Then in the end, Union showed the game is not done till the clock hits 00:00
                      (well RPI showed that as well with 6 seconds left )
                      Let's go Dutch
                      Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
                        Really the worst period? I would check that and rewind back to the Sacred Heart game or Brown game at home for one of the worst periods this year.

Tonight the 2nd period was a slow start, but the dutch picked up but I think York was the cause of all the scoring frustration to get the Union PP or the Union offense back into the game.

I don't think this game lacked in anything at all.

Both teams I think came out blazing, yeah the 2nd was a so/so performance wise for fans, but teams hunkered down defensively.

Then in the end, Union showed the game is not done till the clock hits 00:00
                        (well RPI showed that as well with 6 seconds left )
                        Well, if not the worst, then maybe the sloppiest. It was a bumbling mess out there and it was pretty ugly. At the end of that period, it could have easily been 5-1, if not for some breaks. There was no "hunkering down" defensively, we were consistently giving up odd man rushes and good scoring chances.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
                          Well, if not the worst, then maybe the sloppiest. It was a bumbling mess out there and it was pretty ugly. At the end of that period, it could have easily been 5-1, if not for some breaks. There was no "hunkering down" defensively, we were consistently giving up odd man rushes and good scoring chances.
                          I'm giving credit to RPI for that period. They looked like they just wanted it more and played a very clean, tough period. Union was a step behind them, as evidenced by the early goal. Union has definitely played worse periods this year.

That said, Union stole this one. I thought RPI was the better team for the most part. They were extremely aggressive on the PK and really disrupted the Union PP. Even during the 5-on-3, they kept a man up high to break up Union's 3-man attack. You can say Union was sloppy, but I think it was because of RPI's aggressive forecheck and PK. You can also say the game should have been 2-2 going to the 3rd period, but York made two outstanding saves during the late PP.

To MVT: We're not worthy!!! When was the last time we could say that Union had a legitimate star on their team? Trevor Koenig, maybe? Just imagine if Adam Presizniuk starts scoring.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

It's apparent to me that this season RPI matches up well against Union and that U has no answer to Polacek. On his second goal he created or was given too much room to the left of Kinkaid, spun and got a no look shot to squeeze into a nonexistent crack between KK's skate and the post. I was sitting right there and still couldn't see it get through. That being said, I don't want to overlook MVT's marvelous performance. He willed Union back into that game.

I'm still stunned by the last minute of play. I would love to know what Leaman's timeout direction was before the ENG. I couldn't really see much at that end of the ice except the red light repeatedly going off. I also attribute Union's generally lackluster performance for the first 59 minutes to RPI's huge effort and work ethic. Leaman was quoted as saying that he thought Kinkaid also appeared a bit tired and I would agree that this was not one of his sharper efforts. I thought York made some borderline spectacular stops and was much improved over the Holiday tournament performance.

5 days, 3 games, 5 points is a tremendous accomplishment for this team which obviously never quits. The seniors are leading the way at this point and if the underclassmen start to regain their form...well I won't go there yet.
                            Last edited by Wholin1; 12-10-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Just lurking on this thread, as an RPI fan, want to say last night's loss was tough but really need to give you guys a lot of credit. Very well-played game by the Dutch. I agree Polacek can light the lamp against Kinkaid, but he's a great goalie and played with a lot of composure all game.

Union is the faster, quicker team and they played with a lot of passion. They never stop coming at you. Leaman has built a great team and really put his mark on the program.

Comment

Does anyone know anything on the new kid from Berkshire prep? Also, anything new on Sullivan? I know he was ranked at the halfway point of last year, but then he kind of fell off the map and didn't get drafted.

Comment

Working...
                                X