Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I will be making the trip up from NYC for the Colgate game tomorrow. I'm sure that my two friends and I will be the only ones in the student section tomorrow since we're currently on our winter break.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      I will be making the trip up from NYC for the Colgate game tomorrow. I'm sure that my two friends and I will be the only ones in the student section tomorrow since we're currently on our winter break.
      Quality if not quantity.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Congratulations to Keith Kinkaid on his honorable mention award for rookie of the month from the Hockey Commissioners Association. (Must be a first or at least a long time for a Union player as neither the award or the organization rings a bell to me ).

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...rable-mention/

We need at least a point or two this weekend against some tough competition. Of course I'm sure the team and coaching staff are expecting to do better. Go U!
        Last edited by Wholin1; 12-04-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

so the speculation on the goal tending situation is now solved? It looks as if the spot between the pipes is Kinkaid's 'till he has a weak performance and Milan will be concentrating on opening and closing the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
            so the speculation on the goal tending situation is now solved? It looks as if the spot between the pipes is Kinkaid's 'till he has a weak performance and Milan will be concentrating on opening and closing the gate.
            Not necessarily.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...ategory=SPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Interesting...in the "Union glance" section near the bottom, they say Union is playing its first home game since October 30th. I recall a couple of tie games at Achilles the following weekend.

I agree with OsecnUC, despite what Nate says. I think the job is Kinkaid's until he has a bad game...maybe two. His performance in the North Country and at the RPI tourney has convinced me.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Great game and a great performance by Kinkaid tonight.
                Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                  Great game and a great performance by Kinkaid tonight.
                  Agreed. It was great being back up at Messa tonight!

EDIT: We are the only undefeated team in the ECAC. When was the last time we could say that? If we beat Cornell tomorrow, I will TRULY start to believe we have a special team. Even though people say it doesn't matter, I think we'll crack the top 20 with a victory against Cornell.
                  Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 12-04-2009, 11:57 PM.
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

We have a genuine goalie

It was a fun game to watch, and I'll bore you all with some insights later

Kinkaid is confident, alert, and moves very fluidly between the pipes. he is really coming into his own and appears to be playing in "the zone." I'm sure he'll have some off moments, as would be the case with any Frosh player, but he possesses some inherent talent that can't be taught. From what I saw this evening, this kid has the ability to be the "franchise player" for Union . Despite what Nate says to the press, he is going to have a very difficult time pulling Kinkaid for Milan with him playing this way.

Corey gave us 2 plus years of adequate goal tending, but never did I feel he was totally comfortable. It was always watching from the edge of your seat when the puck was near him. It's a totally different vibe that Kinkaid gives off. Tonight it felt like "hey, no problem" and you get the sense that he's having a lot of fun while he's playing.

BTW, Corey did make 1 great save tonight...on an errant puck that zinged into the Union bench. One of his better stops and no juicy rebound .

Comment

And then there was one undefeated team.

Anything we should look for tonight?

As always, be aware of the clutch and grab, and Scrivens is not giving up many rebounds. Make the one-timers count.

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                        We have a genuine goalie
                        Ain't that the truth! Heck, he almost made the save on Cox's goal when he was way out of position.

It seemed like a weird game, though entertaining to watch. Union's D got away with too many turnovers in their own zone, one of which led to the Colgate goal. But there were times when the top 2 lines were dominating the Colgate end. The players and coach Leaman said it - they were lucky to come away with the win. Here's hoping that same effort won't be present tonight.

There was a definite overall lack of...um..."enthusiasm" in the building last night. Perhaps the lack of students contributed to that? I remarked that I didn't like the Colgate-Cornell weekend in December when the students were gone, but oh well...Union got the 2 points.
                        Union Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          And then there was one undefeated team.

Anything we should look for tonight?

As always, be aware of the clutch and grab, and Scrivens is not giving up many rebounds. Make the one-timers count.
                          How about looking for Scrivens to "embellish" something?
                          Union Hockey

Comment

Good luck vs. Cornell tonight. Your team has something special going on right now and Kinkaid can only get better. You guys are doing to us at Messa what we do to you at Starr Rink -- embarrass the visitors.

UHM -- we appreciate you stopping by on our thread to give us your thoughts/apologies re: last night and last year. You sound like a devoted Union fan. Good luck except of course on the last game of the regular season.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                              How about looking for Scrivens to "embellish" something?
                              Well duh. Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant.

Comment

I agree KK was the difference last night, and a win is a win, but there will have to be a better effort tonight to compete against an excellent Cornell team. Messa, as most rinks do, lacks energy when it's half empty and coach called out the fans, per Ken Schott's blog. I assume there will be plenty of CU fans there tonight which might in itself get the locals riled up a bit.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...stgame-report/

Comment

Working...
                                X