Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

I'll have be back later, just have to go out to Staple's and get an "Easy" button...Not!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Congrats guys on winning the tourney. Sure we could both complain about officiating, or letting a team back in the game, but push came to shove in overtime, and you guys got us this time.

We look forward (after next week of course) to game 3. Here's to it at least being another barnburner, with no prediction on the outcome, seeing as how the "series" is tied, 1-1.

Also, great to meet you, Wholin1.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Congrats guys on winning the tourney. Sure we could both complain about officiating, or letting a team back in the game, but push came to shove in overtime, and you guys got us this time.

We look forward (after next week of course) to game 3. Here's to it at least being another barnburner, with no prediction on the outcome, seeing as how the "series" is tied, 1-1.

Also, great to meet you, Wholin1.
        FDude, you're the first person I've met from the RPI side of the forum. It was fun talking with you and hope to see you again. I think your description of the game was pretty much on the mark. Great atmosphere at HFH even without the students and band present though things were a bit on the quiet side for a while. I was pretty sure RPI would make a run and did they ever. Even after it was 4-2 with 3 minutes left I said to my friend that it wasn't over yet, especially with the way Union was running out of gas.

The two games this season have been nothing if not entertaining. I'm not sure how you can top them but they'll probably figure out some way of doing so.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Every year, same thing...I'm stuck going away to the outlaws for T'ksgvng weekend and I lose my hockey lifeline. I get back to civilization and look on the thread hoping to be brought up to date. I now know this.......
          Sounds like we won the RPI tourney but it wasn't pretty .
          Many players received suspensions. Did Augie stop by to carve the turkey .
          Wholin and FDude sound like they maybe romantically linked .
          UHM tickled somebody again and his rep is lit up like a stop light. How unusual .
          I guess I'll just have to go read through the blog, blog, blog of our local sports writer to find out what is really going on.

BTW...Wholin and FDude....like you both but this is reminiscent of the 1927 classic Metropolis .

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
            Wholin and FDude sound like they maybe romantically linked
            Was it that obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Was it that obvious?
              just easy material

Comment

Keith Kinkaid named ECAC Goaltender of the week.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-1..._M_Wkly_Awards

Comment

Undefeated for the month of November!
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                    Every year, same thing...I'm stuck going away to the outlaws for T'ksgvng weekend and I lose my hockey lifeline. I get back to civilization and look on the thread hoping to be brought up to date. I now know this.......
                    Sounds like we won the RPI tourney but it wasn't pretty .
                    Many players received suspensions. Did Augie stop by to carve the turkey .
                    Wholin and FDude sound like they maybe romantically linked .
                    UHM tickled somebody again and his rep is lit up like a stop light. How unusual .
                    I guess I'll just have to go read through the blog, blog, blog of our local sports writer to find out what is really going on.

BTW...Wholin and FDude....like you both but this is reminiscent of the 1927 classic Metropolis .

No!

Somehow, I got "redded" four times and here were the explanations:

1. hey tooly mc'tool - could you make your signature a little bigger?
                    2. Here ya go.
                    3. stop whining about being in the red.
                    4. #26! -Dirty

So no rampages from me...I've actually tried to clean up my act and this is what happens.
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                      Undefeated for the month of November!
                      All well and good, but I'd rather it was March.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        ... I'm not sure how you can top them but they'll probably figure out some way of doing so.
                        Getting Kincaid to do a little more stickhandling out of the net would be a good start...
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by thehockeymaven View Post
                          Keith Kinkaid named ECAC Goaltender of the week.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-1..._M_Wkly_Awards
                          Congratulations to Kinkaid; I was very impressed by his play during the RPI tourney. Perhaps RPI will see him again on December 9th.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

ThePeople

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way we can forfeit the next games against Union so we don't have to lose anymore players?
                            All they do is take cheap shots, I thought for sure Halpern and Polacek were both gonna go down for good after the dirty hits that got constantly laid on them.
                            At least Nate Leaman got a couple thinks on his checklist done
                            Pay off Ref's *check*
                            Play dirty hockey *check*
                            Win in the cheapest possible way *check*
                            Take out D'amigo *check*
                            Next time he'll have his guys keep gunning for Polacek and Pirri, im sure they'll be able to break one of their legs next time around.

Now about the game, really bad game from our D & York. The OT winner was just pathetic, the d backed off to the point that they were almost behind the net - I'm surprised they didn't push York out the goal and roll out a carpet too.

someone a sore loser??????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                              ThePeople

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way we can forfeit the next games against Union so we don't have to lose anymore players?
                              All they do is take cheap shots, I thought for sure Halpern and Polacek were both gonna go down for good after the dirty hits that got constantly laid on them.
                              At least Nate Leaman got a couple thinks on his checklist done
                              Pay off Ref's *check*
                              Play dirty hockey *check*
                              Win in the cheapest possible way *check*
                              Take out D'amigo *check*
                              Next time he'll have his guys keep gunning for Polacek and Pirri, im sure they'll be able to break one of their legs next time around.

Now about the game, really bad game from our D & York. The OT winner was just pathetic, the d backed off to the point that they were almost behind the net - I'm surprised they didn't push York out the goal and roll out a carpet too.

someone a sore loser??????????????????
                              I believe so too. He probably was one of those people that was leaving the game early and turned around once he heard the goal horn.

I think most of us (RPI fans) were ticked off about coming so close, but having a 2.5 hour drive to mull it over, I decided that given the course of the game in that it did go to overtime, there was no one to blame, because we flat out had our chance to win with the power play, and didn't take advantage. You guys did, and that was the difference.

For both of us, I think it's time to move forward to get ready for a tough weekend in Colgate/Cornell. Best of luck to both of our teams.

Comment

Very well put..... You see this in every thread, someones team loses that "we should of won it or we should of put it away" type of game, and they just blame it on everyone except there own team.

Good luck to both CD teams this weekend.
                                Let's go Dutch
                                Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Working...
                                X