Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

As i said before gotta have faith in the players and the coachign staff as a whole. This team is dangerous..They just have to play to their potential they know they have.
    Let's go Dutch
    Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Wooo Freaking Hooo!!! Excellent weekend and a great effort tonight. The passing tonight looked really sharp. Congrats to the players & coaches. I know this was a tough week for the team, as there were a lot of people (myself included) questioning how good this team really is. Hopefully this is the confidence builder that sets the boys on the right track.

Yeah, pretty amazing that not even one point from Prez or a Simpson, but I'm not really worried too much about them. There is a lot of balance up front and spreading around the scoring is a great thing - opponents can't just focus on one or two lines. Prez & the Simpsons will get their points.

Don't know if there is now a goalie controversy, but was very pleased with Kinkaid's play tonight. This was a tough game with not a lot of shots and he was very cool and made a few real good saves. As proved in the last several games, if you give a team momentum (especially on the road) it can change the game in an instant. I'm sure Corey will get more opportunities soon, but is nice to have another alternative.
      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Congrats on the sweep, guys. Sorry we couldn't hold up the Capital District honor, but 6 points is still pretty good, and we're now tied. Good luck at our tournament.

Comment

What a great weekend of hockey! Monday morning and still thinking about it. I'm guessing there will be a lot of movement when the polls come out with the ECAC teams starting to bounce around and get placed closer to where they really belong.
          Too bad this weekend is idle. It would be nice to keep the momentum going and it would also be good for the team work off of and continue to develop the game they manufactured this past week. It would really help our situation in goal. It would be nice to see Kinkaid continue on for a third game and then, regardless as to the result, give the nod to Milan for the second game of the weekend. This would serve to bolster his confidence and also send the message to both that the job between the pipes is day to day. The timing of the schedule, going into a tournament at this point, is going to work against this. IMO the next start has to go to Kinkaid given his showing this weekend. When he gets the W over Lake Superior (always confident ) Nate will go with the hot hand for the tournament final. If this plays out as expected, we may not see Milan on the ice for well over a month. His playing time and confidence may both dwindle.
          Nate will have to walk the slippery slope with this. Kinkaid got his shot, which we all wanted to see, but I think we also want to see some competition between he and Milan which will benefit the team in the long run. Nate's tasked with keeping Kinkaid on the roll while also keeping Milan in the picture all the while accumulating Ws.
          This will be interesting.
          Gooooo U

Comment

In one of the interviews of coach this weekend, he said that ideally he would prefer a goalie rotation to among other reasons, make it more difficult for the opposition in their preparation. Of course that requires both keepers to be playing well. I also think Milan is a tough kid and would be more worried about his psyche if he was a freshman or even sophomore. Hopefully, both he and Kinkaid will push each other, in which case the team will be the beneficiary.

Comment

Have to agree that the North Country sweep does make for a sweet Monday AM, but need to keep in perspective that neither SLU or especially Clarkson (at least for now) are looking like top-tier teams in ECAC. The next league games with Cornell & Colgate will be much sterner tests.. and then there is RPI again. Still is very nice to be sitting here with 6 points in league play, a total that U has not reached until January the past 2 seasons.

IMO Leaman is very invested in Corey and is definitely not going to just put him on the scrap heap because of another goalie doing relatively well. Would also say that while Kinkaid certainly did well up north, he wasn't lights out and still needs some work. His puck handling skills are kinda scary and he goes down a little quicker than needed at times. Still, I think the goalies are in a better space now. Would not surprise me to see Milan start against Lake State and Kinkaid get the nod the second night regardless of the outcome. Also think we may see both goalies on fairly short leashes during games at times - if either one lets in a softee or two, in comes the other.

Comment

congratulations to keith for being named hockey rookie of the week by the ECAC.

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...116092237.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                  Have to agree that the North Country sweep does make for a sweet Monday AM, but need to keep in perspective that neither SLU or especially Clarkson (at least for now) are looking like top-tier teams in ECAC. The next league games with Cornell & Colgate will be much sterner tests.. and then there is RPI again. Still is very nice to be sitting here with 6 points in league play, a total that U has not reached until January the past 2 seasons.

IMO Leaman is very invested in Corey and is definitely not going to just put him on the scrap heap because of another goalie doing relatively well. Would also say that while Kinkaid certainly did well up north, he wasn't lights out and still needs some work. His puck handling skills are kinda scary and he goes down a little quicker than needed at times. Still, I think the goalies are in a better space now. Would not surprise me to see Milan start against Lake State and Kinkaid get the nod the second night regardless of the outcome. Also think we may see both goalies on fairly short leashes during games at times - if either one lets in a softee or two, in comes the other.
                  I have to generally agree with your analysis but would only add that even if SLU and Clarkson are down for the time being, those are 2 generally unfriendly places to visit and perhaps more importantly, you need to win the games against dare I say it, the "lesser foes" (see Brown ) because its always a crapshoot against the powerhouses and the up and comers in which category it looks like Qpac and RPI belong this season.

With the firepower Union now has, I don't think we need spectacular goal tending, just solid and consistent efforts, at least until the playoffs, when the games change and the grips and throats tighten a bit.

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2178734
                    UMass Amherst and UMass Lowell aren't the only schools knocking at Carr's door. Fellow Division I schools Union College (Schenectady, N. Y.), St. Lawrence University (Canton, N. Y.) and Bentley University (Waltham, Mass.) have also reportedly expressed an interest in the netminder, and for good reason.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks Ralph - you don't miss much out there..

I'd noticed Carr when he played in the EJHL. He had a great season two years ago and then tailed off a bit last season. Putting up nice numbers in the CJHL, leads the league in GAA. Would be a nice addition as he has good size (6-1,190) and could be a great tandem with Kinkaid but.. always figured he would go to a HE school being from the Boston area. Sounds like that is where he is leaning. This is interesting though, as shows that maybe the coaches are not just going for a typical 3rd string benchwarmer to replace Sillery.

Comment

I'd noticed Carr when he played in the EJHL. He had a great season two years ago and then tailed off a bit last season. Putting up nice numbers in the CJHL, leads the league in GAA. Would be a nice addition as he has good size (6-1,190) and could be a great tandem with Kinkaid but.. always figured he would go to a HE school being from the Boston area. Sounds like that is where he is leaning. This is interesting though, as shows that maybe the coaches are not just going for a typical 3rd string benchwarmer to replace Sillery.
                        RPI has a recruit, Jacob Laliberte, who plays for Cornwall, so I check that paper every day.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, it does seem like he'd be going to a Boston area school (one of the UMass programs), but both teams already have a starter and backup for next year. Lowell also has a very high quality goalie committed for 2012 as well. Carr, as far as I can tell, would be coming in as the third netminder next season, behind a returning sophomore and another freshman (Lowell loses both their starting goalies after this season, and their third stringer is an "in case of emergency use only" type.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            RPI has a recruit, Jacob Laliberte, who plays for Cornwall, so I check that paper every day.
                            How about a swap, Carr for Laliberte.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              How about a swap, Carr for Laliberte.
                              Forget it.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can't seem to get the Heisenberg player links on his recruit site to work any more. Anyone else having the same problem or have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X