Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

And on the 2010 recruits front..

Matt Bodie and Daniel Carr both played for Canada West in the World Jr. A Challenge that concluded this past weekend. Both did well. Bodie was named team captain and tied for leading scorer amongst defensemen with 5 points (2G, 3A) in 5 games. Carr had 2 goals and 2 assists. Canada West made it to the championship game and lost a close battle to the USA 2-1.

Forward Matt Hatch is off to a slow start with Alberni in the BCHL with only 13 points in 22 games. He has one more year of eligibility left, so could delay till 2011 - but that is probably wild speculation.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
      Forward Matt Hatch is off to a slow start with Alberni in the BCHL with only 13 points in 22 games. He has one more year of eligibility left, so could delay till 2011 - but that is probably wild speculation.
      Thanks for the recruiting update. What's the point in doing this if we can't wildly speculate?
      Last edited by Wholin1; 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Wow! Can't wait to see what people say about the goalie situations when the team start winning games.

Milan look decent in my part, with the exception of his problem with being screened and getting shots past him over the shoulder.

My thoughts are you can't just blame one section of this team (defense, offense, goaltending or special teams ). The team has to gel and mature a bit.
        The team lost a good core of seniors last year.

So theres no way right now im losing faith in anyone on this team right, wether its Corey or any other player.

But one thing I dont like seeing is blasting individuals on this board.
        are they having bad stretch (sure they are) can they play better (definately)
        so I say this, put yourself in their shoes (or skates for that matter) as a student athlete playing division 1 hockey.

I can be wrong, I can be right, its just my opinion
        But I see this as a team I been watching since I was in existance
        and I seen them on top, I seen them hit dead bottom, and I expect them
        to be once again a dominate team again.

Have faith in the Dutch!
        Let's go Dutch
        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
          I seen them on top, I seen them hit dead bottom, and I expect them
          to be once again a dominate team again.

Have faith in the Dutch!

When, exactly was it that you "seen" them on top?
          A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

DIII days hence why I said in my days watching them
            Let's go Dutch
            Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
              DIII days hence why I said in my days watching them
              OK. Those were good days. I had season tickets and was at every home game until the night Colgate went over the glass. And the away games at Dartmouth, Army, and Merrimack.
              A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

It's OK to critique a player's performance, i.e. constructive criticism, though obviously most of us are armchair critics. I do agree that it's not necessary or appropriate to call them out for personal attack unless the player's conduct is egregious, i.e. wreckless or dangerous to fellow competitors.

Anyway, Corey didn't exactly get a ringing endorsement from the coach in Ken Schott's preview video. Apparently there has been a lot of illness going through the team which seems to have subsided.

If we can get two solid 60 minute efforts from the team up north, I'll be satisfied. Some points would be nice too. Go U.!!

http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/nov/13/308/

Comment

We got some points tonight! Let's see if they can go out and get some more on Saturday night. A very solid 2 periods and then some tension in the third as they almost gave up their 3 goal lead. It sure would have been nice to see them completely close the deal without all the excitement at the end. However, they are in a much better place right now and are sitting in a good way entering the Clarkson contest Saturday night. I like the decision to play Kincaid. While he did not look comfortable throughout, he did get the "W." I hope he gets the opportunity to build on this against Clarkson, but don't be surprised to see some platooning between the pipes.
                  Nice start this evening. Let's keep it rolling.

GoooooooU

Comment

Union looks alot better this year... Go Dutchmen

Comment

Very happy to see Union get the W tonight. If we sweep, we are in great shape. North Country sweep. I like the sound of that. LET'S GO U!
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

The effort certainly seemed to be there last night, even with the 3rd period partial meltdown. I think the problems in the third started on SLU's PP when U couldn't get their PK group off the ice. The end of the game was bizarre with Kinkaid skating off for what he thought was a delayed penalty call which wasn't. I've always wondered why that doesn't happen more often.

I thought Kinkaid looked good, at least good enough to warrant more playing time.

Bottom line, we got two points, never an easy task at Appleton and there is at least reason to hope for another point or two tonight.

BTW, I saw that Lane Caffaro's WBS Pens played the Rats in Albany last night. He made the scoresheet 4 seconds in, though it was for a major penalty for fighting.

Comment

Very nice effort last night and a well deserved 2 points . The 2nd period was the best I've seen the team look so far this season, though SLU's inexperienced d-men may have had something to do with it. Thought the D-corps as a unit looked very good - moved the puck nicely for most of the game, though still can't figure out how there always seems to be a point where the wheels come off everything. Was impressed with Forgaard - he is very good positionally and is an excellent skater. He has a bright future IMO. Kinkaid wasn't exceptional, but agree that he deserves more ice time, I think he has great potential.

The Golden Knights will definitely be fired up tonight after last seasons playoff shellacking in Schenectady, so the boys better come with their A-game. These are big points in the standings and have to keep with the crew from Troy..
                          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Great weekend for the Dutchmen. Could be 4-0-0 right now but I'll take 2-0-2.
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Wow, that was some weekend. First north country sweep in 7 seasons. It looked like U dominated in all phases of the game and came on very strongly after a bit of a slow start. Kinkaid looked solid if not spectacular for the second night in a row. Zajac is on fire and the Shaffer, Lareau, Buote unit has been a huge boost. One concern is that Prez seems to have disappeared a bit. I think I liked it better with him on the MVT and Walters unit, but maybe it will workout with time.

Also noticeable as well is the severe dropoff in Clarkson's game. Not quite sure what's going on there.

A few weeks off before the next league games in December in what should be a very challenging weekend with Colgate and the Big Red and the RPI Holiday tourney in between.

Comment

what a sweep!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X