Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I wonder how many 6am practices they had...lol

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Alumni News:

I noticed that TJ Fox and Lane Caffaro are both playing for the Wheeling Nailers.
      Let's go Dutch
      Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Holy Crap! It's Union-RPI weekend eve and nothing on here! Must be busy on the RPI -Union Thread
        Let's go Dutch
        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

you're right!!! where is everyone. The season is here...well, the N/C games are here, and ECAC just just around the corner. Let's not kid ourselves, any RPI game "counts." Both teams have much to prove tonight coming off of weekends they are not happy about. Add into the mix the cross town competitive nature of the game, and it should be an exciting evening of hockey. Hopefully the week was used to drive home a few important messages to the boys and we will see a changed team on the ice. Can't wait!

GoooooooU!

Comment

The game thread has been getting some activity. I saw on Ken Schott's blog interview with Nate Leaman that Ryan Forgaard had a fluke injury in one of the games last weekend. Apparently he was on the bench and an opponent somehow came over the boards and they hit heads resulting in a concussion for Forgaard. He was cleared to skate this week but not yet to play. I'm actually amazed that there aren't more bench injuries during games, particularly coaches, trainers, etc. getting pucked.

Union has to stay out of the box and execute its PK better. The kill ratio is an abysmal 65%. It should be entertaining whatever the outcome and a useful final tuneup going into ECAC play.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Looking forward to the game tonight. Hopefully we can get decent goaltending and we stay out of the box.

GO UNION!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
                Looking forward to the game tonight. Hopefully we can get decent goaltending and we stay out of the box.

GO UNION!!!
                Just got back from the rink. Not only did we not stay out of the box, but pretty much lost the game again because of a stupid penalty at the end. It was not pretty.
                Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!!!!!
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Well I guess everyone's down in the dumps over last night or maybe just out trick or treating. Anyway, U let another one slip away last night with some missed opportunities, a bad penalty and suspect special teams play. Hopefully a night off tonight and a full week of preparation will get the boys back on the right track for the start of league play. I think there are going to continue to be these bumps in the road until the younger players become more acclimated and the new team leadership establishes itself. As coach Leaman said before last night's game, the team lost not only key contributors on the score sheet to graduation, but a leadership element which isn't replaced overnight. He believes, and who am I to doubt him, that this is the most talented team Union has ever had, but needs to grow and mature. Anyway, to the faithful out there, take heart, I think there are brighter days ahead.

Comment

...and it's always darkest right before the dawn.
                      We lost. We were tricked with no treat. This is not going as expected.
                      I'll have another beer , please.

Comment

We are 0-0. Season begins NOW.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Yeah...wow....what the !@#% just happen there saturday night!
                          U basically in my book just out played RPI and again a stupid penalty that
                          bascially !@#%ed them in the end!

Oh well, ECAC starts next weekend, I hope this was a wake up call!
                          Let's go Dutch
                          Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Boileau and Yanovitch are being benched on Friday for their ill advised penalties and Trabucco and Kinkaid are ill.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...eau-yanovitch/

Comment

Off topic, but congratulations to Union's Mens' soccer team seeded number 4, knocking off # 1 seed, RPI, 3-2 in OT tonight in the Liberty League semis. They will be playing later this week at #2 Hobart for the League championship and automatic NCAA bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                Boileau and Yanovitch are being benched on Friday for their ill advised penalties and Trabucco and Kinkaid are ill.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...eau-yanovitch/
                                I know something has to be done about the stupid penalties, but this seems a little risky.. its a fine line between playing good aggressive hockey and taking a bad penalty. Also lost in the commotion is that Pirri had two terrible penalties prior to Boileau's, but RPI succesfully killed them. The real problem is that U's PK and goaltending have not been stepping up at key times lately. Could say the same for the PP for that matter too.

All I can say is I hope this works. I HATE playing Brown as first league game, its a game U should win but the Bears always are tough on U and usually get stellar tending.
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X