Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by taz91 View Post
    I wonder what the coaching staff thought of all the odd man rushes this weekend? It seemed like Noora was seeing 2-on-1s, 3-on-1s and 3-on-2s all weekend along with a few breakaways.
    One of Coach Frost's quotes after Saturday's game:
    Noora was incredible once again tonight and played very well, stopping multiple breakaways, two-on-ones, stuff that we’re certainly not happy about at all, and we need to clean up.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

From John Hageman at the Minnesota Daily: Minnesota sweeps North Dakota to maintain seven-point conference lead
      “If a couple of those pucks go past Noora, then maybe we start playing better. But because she is making those saves, I think sometimes our team kind of falls into a lull and realizes she’s going to make the save, which is not always the case,” Frost said.
      But even with a comfortable lead in the conference, Frost said his team is doing just enough to win, which may not be enough come postseason time.

“If we continue in this pattern, it will bite us eventually,” Frost said. “That’s why if we can learn from winning and start getting back to who we are, what we’re about, then we’ll be in good shape down the stretch.”
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

A Gopher fan has asked me to post a reminder that the rebroadcasts of the Gopher games will be on the Big Ten Network tonight and tomorrow morning.

Monday at 5:30pm CST is the rebroadcast of the Friday 3-0 victory

Tuesday at 8:00am CST is another rebroadcast of the Friday 3-0 victory immediately followed by
        Tuesday at 9:30am CST is the rebroadcast of the Saturday 2-0 victory

Here's the link to the network schedule:

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/schedule/

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!! Fun to watch the women on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
            Thanks for the reminder!! Fun to watch the women on the TV.
            Ditto, I missed both games this past weekend and it was great to see them play in HD, even though the team was not at their best. I've set the DVR for tomorrow AM and will watch the second game when I get home after work!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Here's an interesting tongue-in-cheek look at the sports scene around the Twin Cities from Josh Katzenstein at The Minnesota Daily.

Sports expectations in Land of 10,000 Lakes should fall

The only reason I even bring up this article was that the article's summary on the Daily's sports section web page grabbed my attention: The Vikings are now done, so let's turn to Gophers women's hockey.

I doubt that it's going to get more rear ends into seats at Ridder Arena , but it's at least some more attention for the women's hockey program (as silly as it is ).

Comment

Congrats to Noora Räty on another WCHA Player of the Week award. Good luck in the Olympics and we look forward to your return at the end of February.

Just to update the stats: this is the 5th POTW award for Noora, and the 11th for the team in the 13 weeks the Gophers have been in action (Erickson and Bozek have each won twice, and Jones and Schleper have one each).

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                  Congrats to Noora Räty on another WCHA Player of the Week award. Good luck in the Olympics and we look forward to your return at the end of February.
                  Of course, if you'd like to win another PotW award before you go, we'd be okay with that.

Just to update the stats: this is the 5th POTW award for Noora, and the 11th for the team in the 13 weeks the Gophers have been in action (Erickson and Bozek have each won twice, and Jones and Schleper have one each).
                  Sounds like Westy is due.

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/2010/01/28/go...rning-mistakes
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The Gophers will be without their star goalie this weekend, as freshman Noora Räty will leave the team Friday to join the Finnish National Team.
                      So Noora is gone already this weekend. Good luck in Vancouver #41!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        So Noora is gone already this weekend. Good luck in Vancouver #41!
                        ARM -- I thought you already knew that and were joking about her getting one more POTW award. Yeah, I had heard from Mira last weekend that Noora was leaving tomorrow (Friday) for the Finnish camp. And the Finnish hockey web site confirmed that as well.

Comment

Yeah, I had heard from Mira last weekend that Noora was leaving tomorrow (Friday) for the Finnish camp. And the Finnish hockey web site confirmed that as well.
                          Correct. Noora will depart Friday morning towards Colorado Srings. For the monent I am at the hotel where Team Finland just arrived from Vierumaki. Team gathered together yesterday. Team looks pretty anxious and determined. Best regards from the team to all Gophers fans. Noora's Olympic mask looks cool. Nice paintings.

Comment

The pregame notes on GopherSports.com are now posted.

Gophers and Mavericks Set to Battle at Ridder

Comment

ARM -- I thought you already knew that ...
                              What I don't know is a lot.

What I do know is that this is the weekend of the annual Silent Auction. More information can be found at the bottom of the main page of the PPC website.

Comment

Hmmm, been a while since we've been to a Gopher Women's tilt. Since the men are in Alaska maybe we should get to Ridder this weekend. Maybe Saturday since the kid has an outdoor practice Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X