Who's ready for hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's ready for hockey?

Got a chance to watch my first (Live) hockey game of this season,on Friday, Guelph Storm vs Windsor Spitfires. Really good game, close until mid of third period.
    Final was 5-2 Windsor. All this did was light the fire to get to a rink.
    Four weeks to go, still
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Re: Who's ready for hockey?

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
    Got a chance to watch my first (Live) hockey game of this season,on Friday, Guelph Storm vs Windsor Spitfires. Really good game, close until mid of third period.
    Final was 5-2 Windsor. All this did was light the fire to get to a rink.
    Four weeks to go, still

Things got rolling out here a week and a half ago with the NAHL Showcase up in Blaine. Naturally I had to attend four consecutive days. Certainly was nice to see hockey cranking up again and see some certain future DIII players in the process. A blog entry on the event is pending...but due to a recent change in residence I'm still stuck without internet at home. For all those interested, however, Directv will be installed at the estate this evening.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

You have an estate instead of a palace or a castle?
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
        Things got rolling out here a week and a half ago with the NAHL Showcase up in Blaine. Naturally I had to attend four consecutive days. Certainly was nice to see hockey cranking up again and see some certain future DIII players in the process. A blog entry on the event is pending...but due to a recent change in residence I'm still stuck without internet at home. For all those interested, however, Directv will be installed at the estate this evening.
        The Webb Estate can be seen here, interior images here.
        Last edited by norm1909; 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          You have an estate instead of a palace or a castle?
          Yes, but we are remodeling and aiming for a castle. Hopefully the moat gets put in before the ground freezes. The hope is that the moat will double as an outdoor rink.
          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            That looks a lot like the Unibomber's hovel?

But if Webb is using it, where is the hole in the floor for ice fishing (and other uses)?????
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Who are you trying to kid trying to pass these off as the "Webb Estate"...???
              All credibility was lost when I open these links to find there was no evidence of a beer fridge.

Comment

Clearly you have confused my residence with that of the average downtown Elmira home.

In all seriousness, when I'm fully moved in I'll have to post a picture of the DIII museum I'm assembling. Jersey donations welcome.
                Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  That looks a lot like the Unibomber's hovel?

But if Webb is using it, where is the hole in the floor for ice fishing (and other uses)?????
                  I do believe it is located on Sucker Lake (also provides a source of water for his moat)

I'm ready for hockey.

****** src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_fb8564d6_ac70_11de_b675_0015c5f4d265" name="1_fb8564d6_ac70_11de_b675_0015c5f4d265" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=wkyckmxjnc&e=&id=1_fb8564d6_ac70_11de_b675_0015c5f4d265&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" width="300" height="30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">Hockey - Intensity, Speed, Action sound bite

****** src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_c3715cd4_ac71_11de_b401_0015c5f4d265" name="1_c3715cd4_ac71_11de_b401_0015c5f4d265" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=cngrzspdtw&e=&id=1_c3715cd4_ac71_11de_b401_0015c5f4d265&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" width="300" height="30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">Some Dummy sound bite

Utica:
                  ****** src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_74408d1e_ac72_11de_89b2_0015c5f4d562" name="1_74408d1e_ac72_11de_89b2_0015c5f4d562" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=mfytxptvyg&e=&id=1_74408d1e_ac72_11de_89b2_0015c5f4d562&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" width="300" height="30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">Cold Beer Boo sound bite

Norwich:
                  ****** src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_dbce0fe6_ac73_11de_9071_0015c5f4d265" name="1_dbce0fe6_ac73_11de_9071_0015c5f4d265" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=hnpwftblqw&e=&id=1_dbce0fe6_ac73_11de_9071_0015c5f4d265&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" width="300" height="30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">On Account of Crosby sound bite

Emery
                  ****** src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_7bac9096_ac74_11de_b4d2_0015c5f4d562" name="1_7bac9096_ac74_11de_b4d2_0015c5f4d562" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=gvpwqdlqyz&e=&id=1_7bac9096_ac74_11de_b4d2_0015c5f4d562&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" width="300" height="30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">Not kissing butt sound bite
                  !!!
                  Last edited by norm1909; 09-28-2009, 04:19 PM.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Clearly you have confused my residence with that of the average downtown Elmira home.
                    Easy there fornax!

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      Easy there fornax!
                      Hey, you know better than anyone left here that goes back to the days of the RIT fans claiming Elmira had truck pulls in the muddy parking lot before games.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Matthew Webb,4 weeks are going to go by very fast........ : )
                        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                          Matthew Webb,4 weeks are going to go by very fast........ : )
                          Yeah, I figure it should take about 28 days.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Hey, you know better than anyone left here that goes back to the days of the RIT fans claiming Elmira had truck pulls in the muddy parking lot before games.
                            RIT Fans would never lie, would they?
                            They were more obsessed about Tractor Pulling than anyone!! A "Tech" thing I guess

Game highlights
                            Watch for Hill and Holland to make the big league soon.
                            Last edited by jconnor; 09-28-2009, 04:37 PM.
                            Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                            Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                            Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Adrian College is ready for hockey and has hockey. The Adrian ACHA Div I team has played three home games and two on the road. They are 4-1 and have outscored their opponents 36-12. With two varsity and two ACHA teams
                              hockey is indeed big at Adrian College. I have seen two games so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X