Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Well folks, this Saturday marks the first night of Maverick Hockey since they last played in Wisconsin in March, and I'm sure everyone is ready to get this show on the road! A strong core group of guys come back this season, without a doubt our biggest question will be goaltending, and replacing Zach in net, as well as possibly a few questions such as if guys like Boe and Cooper can be effective on the blue line?

Let's get this thing going folks! Six days til the puck drops!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

from puckato

The Mavericks named their captains on Friday and they are:

C-Geoff Irwin, senior forward
    A-Kael Mouillierat, senior forward
    A-Channing Boe, junior defenseman

A little trivia: Irwin (12 goals, 16 assists) and Mouillierat (17, 13) are MSU's top two returning forwards in the points department. ... The are also the current team leaders in career points (Mouillierat has 67, Irwin has 60) ... Only fellow senior Zach Harrison has played in more career games (113, Irwin and Mouillierat each have played in 106) ... Irwin hails from Victoria, British Columbia. The last time a Maverick from Canada wore the 'C' was in 2003-04 when Shane Joseph was the captain.

Comment

Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

bigclean likes these guys... a lot of no-name hard working players.

You willl see a return of bigclean to the Cell... this I promise.

But all I ask is.... 'Just win Baby'
      R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
      FOX SPORTS On David Backes
      WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

As seen on Mav Hockey Nation Blog:

The new Maverick captains were announced on Friday. Wearing the "C" will be senior forward Geoff Irwin, his assistants will be junior defenseman Channing Boe, and senior forward Kael Mouillierat. The captains were chosen following a three day team-building exercise led by MSU's ROTC program. A related article is found here.

A little about the three choices:

C - Geoff Irwin - In 102 career games with the Mavs, Irwin has 60 points (24 goals, 36 assists.) Aside from the scoring, Irwin makes his mark with his high-energy and consistent style of play. From my observation Irwin works harder than just about anyone. He's gritty, but by no means one-dimensional. Geoff defines what Jutting looks for in a forward, look for him to be a dependable player in 2009-2010.

A - Channing Boe - Is a consummate defensive defenseman. At 6'3" 210, he provides some much-needed size and physicality to the blueline corps, and he uses that size well. He can clear out the front of the net, and compliments some of the smaller, more offensive defenseman on the team. Channing suffered a broken leg last year and has done well in the offseason to get himself back in game shape. Boe will need to be a leader on the blue line this year, an area where some are skeptical. Barring injuries, however, I see no reason why this unit can't excel.

A - Kael Mouillierat - Is probably the most potent offensive player on the team. He's got a knack for scoring goals and is an asset on the power-play. Last year he put up 30 points in 30 games. Of returning players, he leads the Mavericks in both career goals (36) and points (67.) Last year down the stretch Mouillierat was lighting the lamp on a nightly basis, a true joy to watch. If Kael can stay healthy, look for him near the top of the league in the point department.

Overall, these are good selections. While I can't attest to the character of these guys off the ice, I know that each of them need to play up to their potential, and as leaders on the ice this year.

Comment

MSU release regarding captains appears here http://www.msumavericks.com/more.php?id=7678

Comment

I know I'm ready for some hockey. Goaltending? Who knows?
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Check mark.

Go Mavs.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUMaverickFan View Post
                As seen on Mav Hockey Nation Blog:

The new Maverick captains were announced on Friday. Wearing the "C" will be senior forward Geoff Irwin, his assistants will be junior defenseman Channing Boe, and senior forward Kael Mouillierat. The captains were chosen following a three day team-building exercise led by MSU's ROTC program. A related article is found here.

A little about the three choices:

C - Geoff Irwin - In 102 career games with the Mavs, Irwin has 60 points (24 goals, 36 assists.) Aside from the scoring, Irwin makes his mark with his high-energy and consistent style of play. From my observation Irwin works harder than just about anyone. He's gritty, but by no means one-dimensional. Geoff defines what Jutting looks for in a forward, look for him to be a dependable player in 2009-2010.

A - Channing Boe - Is a consummate defensive defenseman. At 6'3" 210, he provides some much-needed size and physicality to the blueline corps, and he uses that size well. He can clear out the front of the net, and compliments some of the smaller, more offensive defenseman on the team. Channing suffered a broken leg last year and has done well in the offseason to get himself back in game shape. Boe will need to be a leader on the blue line this year, an area where some are skeptical. Barring injuries, however, I see no reason why this unit can't excel.

A - Kael Mouillierat - Is probably the most potent offensive player on the team. He's got a knack for scoring goals and is an asset on the power-play. Last year he put up 30 points in 30 games. Of returning players, he leads the Mavericks in both career goals (36) and points (67.) Last year down the stretch Mouillierat was lighting the lamp on a nightly basis, a true joy to watch. If Kael can stay healthy, look for him near the top of the league in the point department.

Overall, these are good selections. While I can't attest to the character of these guys off the ice, I know that each of them need to play up to their potential, and as leaders on the ice this year.
                nice work posting this article, I like the write up a lot.

Just so everyone knows, we are working on keeping the Mav Hockey Nation Blog up and running the entire year, trying to make it an unofficial home for all things Maverick Hockey!

Two days til we drop the puck!
                AF 99

Comment

Does that hack Trevor Bris still play for you guys?
                  License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

I so wish I was going to be at the game tomorrow night, guess i'll have to wait till next weekend to see the updates. I've always thought the civic center need a center hung score board (and Bresnan Arena for that mater too!).

From Shane Frederick's blog:

Arena updates

Stopped by the Verizon Wireless Center (gotta get used to saying and writing that) today and had a chance to see the new center-ice scoreboard that will be ready for Saturday's night exhibition game. In this photo, workers are attaching spotlights to the corners before raising it to the rafters. The scoreboard is four-sided, and players getting ready for a Friday skate seemed happy to have the score and time available to view at center ice.

The arena's two end scoreboards have also been replaced, all to the tune of a reported $250,000. The end scoreboards appear to have improved graphics capabilities, but I'm not sure if there will be improved video for replays.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                      Does that hack Trevor Bris still play for you guys?
                      His name is Bruess, and no he signed with Washington.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Well, tonight's game was interesting to say the least. It just finally felt right to be back home in our seats again watching the Mavs play.. I also thought the crowd turnout tonight was great for an exhibition game. I just hope we get big crowds and good hockey this season.. I love the new scoreboard improvements, and pray that the end boards will give video replays..

I liked the play out of Lee tonight in net, he was very confident, and fundamentally sound. I would bet we see him start next friday night when we really get this thing going. I'll write more later!

Only a week til we get Bowling Green!!!!
                        AF 99

Comment

Bought a couple of season tickets this year (first time doing so). Can't wait for this weekend!

"OLE".
                          Last edited by CavalryNate; 10-05-2009, 01:49 PM.
                          "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
                          - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Checkmark for the season thread! Ole, indeed

My USCHO homepage told me the Mavs won their exhibition againast Lethbridge 4-3. I have yet to run over to Frederick and others' blogs for details.

This baseball thing is keeping me nice and distracted from ice hockey just yet. If the [real] boss allows, I'm going to attempt, as I'm sure a few others might, to pull off BOTH the Twins game and the Wild home opener tomorrow. I think there is enough time; I'm sure I'll be late for puck drop. I'm guessing it is going to cost me 2 or 3 bills--not including the tickets

Like everyone else, I like the captain choices. In particluar, I like Channing Boe wearing the "A" representing the Junior class. It will be great to have him back from injury. Hopefully, he will be able to contribute big time this year then return next year to wear the "C."

I'll be in Kato for the Badger games this month; no solid plans after that, but I'm sure to make a couple of more weekends and, of course, UM in Minnie.
                            Last edited by redheadzeb; 10-05-2009, 03:54 PM.
                            Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                            Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                              Checkmark for the season thread! Ole, indeed

My USCHO homepage told me the Mavs won their exhibition againast Lethbridge 4-3. I have yet to run over to Frederick and others' blogs for details.

This baseball thing is keeping me nice and distracted from ice hockey just yet. If the [real] boss allows, I'm going to attempt, as I'm sure a few others might, to pull off BOTH the Twins game and the Wild home opener tomorrow. I think there is enough time; I'm sure I'll be late for puck drop. I'm guessing it is going to cost me 2 or 3 bills--not including the tickets

Like everyone else, I like the captain choices. In particluar, I like Channing Boe wearing the "A" representing the Junior class. It will be great to have him back from injury. Hopefully, he will be able to contribute big time this year then return next year to wear the "C."

I'll be in Kato for the Badger games this month; no solid plans after that, but I'm sure to make a couple of more weekends and, of course, UM in Minnie.
                              **** those gophers baby! Three days til puck in kato!
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X