Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Got a chance to go watch future Maverick Max Gaede tonight. He only stuck around for two periods before he was ejected due to 4 penalties. In his defense there were a couple weaker ones called against him, and one was a double-minor. I couldn't help but chuckle though, the next generation of penalty trouble is just around the corner. All in all though I was impressed with Max. He's tough as nails in the corners, and certainly didn't shy away from physicality. He made a couple good cross ice passes, and looks to have good vision. He will enjoy his senior year at championship contending Woodbury, and I look forward to watching him progress.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

MSU got a commitment from Centennial defenseman Brett Stern today. Don't know a ton about him, other than he's a bigger kid, and he played on one of the the elite league's all-star teams, alongside Max Gaede. I'll try to dig some more up on him.

Good to see MSU sign a defenseman.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUMaverickFan View Post
        MSU got a commitment from Centennial defenseman Brett Stern today. Don't know a ton about him, other than he's a bigger kid, and he played on one of the the elite league's all-star teams, alongside Max Gaede. I'll try to dig some more up on him.

Good to see MSU sign a defenseman.
        Good to hear. I was thinking MSU might be interested in him. He's a very underrated player.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Mankato Football stubles at the end of the regular season to St. Cloud State, falls to number 3 in the region, and will host Hillsdale College this weekend. Winner of that game goes on to Grand Valley State in the next round, who got the biggest benefit from the SCSU win as they went from 3 to 2 and have a bye this weekend in the Division 2 football playoffs.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Nice run by the Mavericks on the gridiron this year, but kinda sounds like it all fell apart at the end here with a close loss to Hillsdale. Was looking forward to taunting and annoying you guys this weekend with them coming out to Allendale this weekend. Oh well, I'll just have to hope that GV will be serving up a big heaping serving of REVENGE!!! next Saturday.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I don't think a lot of people saw it since the release came out on Friday, but MSU announced that five players signed during the early signing period. Nothing unexpected, but at least it's official now.

Also, for what it's worth, if nobody leaves unexpectedly, that gives them 15 forwards and 7 defensemen lined up for next season. They're probably done at forward for next year. They could add maybe one more forward, but I doubt it, just to even the classes out a little, and probably one more defenseman, or bring in Zach Palmquist a year earlier, which I think might be a better option.
              Last edited by MaizeRage; 11-17-2009, 12:03 AM.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Tyler Pitlick has been rated an 'A' player by NHL Central Scouting; as metioned in an NHL.com article under the sidebar "The best of NCAA Hockey."
                Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

http://www.msumavericks.com/sports/2...x?path=mhockey

the video highlights are up

Comment

Those 2 points on Saturday in Anchorage were neccessary, but they are officially blown. (Not referee "official," but official in the sense of reality.)

I hope everyone here is getting used to the bottom of the conference because this is happening LONG term. UNO with Blaise and Bemidji with their recent success already have them in a different stratosphere.

I'm sorry, Jutting cannot lead our boys to any success on his own. However, I don't hold him responsible because I think a lot of the base knows what he is worth (i.e. affordable). With Jutting's 4 year extention (length required by MnSCU), the MSU Athletic Department has decided to abandon their D-1 Hockey program for the sake of "easy." Fact: Jutts won COTY 2 years ago, but I contest that "honor" should have gone to his senior leadership in that year. BTW--they still didn't make the Final Five or the NCAAs. That Gopher series was awesome, but as the years mount, it was still a loss.

What can happen for this team is that the senior leadership can take it to another level once every 4 or 5 years, but that is it.

I have to be honest that hopes for this year are fading fast. I hope Irwin and the team proves me wrong, but it will be up to them alone. The smiles from the 8 goal Friday should have ended after the shower--things like this are up to the captain.

It is only November and there is a lot of time left, but that time left leaves little room for error (i.e. losses).

*Yes, I've been drinking an amount of alcohol, and could be in a better mood overall, but I'm tired of following losing hockey teams all the time. DISCLAIMER: at least I don't have to deal with the mind **** the Gophers are putting their fans through, I guess...
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

For those that might not follow Shane Frederick, he is reporting that Sackrison will be having surgery for the broken fibula he suffered in Anchorage.

Sackrison's quote is that he thinks he'll be out a "couple of months." I'm not a doctor, so I have no idea if that is realistic? If the fibula is not weight bearing, I could see a hockey player pushing through that pain provided it heals strong enough to take contact.

On the bright side, at least it isn't a concussion! Those seem to be getting commonplace to ridiculous levels these days...
                      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Holy crap, the Mavs get a series sweep!

Comment

I am pretty happy with how the years has gone so far. Other than the 6-0 loss to UW and the 4-1 Loss to UAA, The team has been playing well and considering we have unproven goalies it is going to get better. I am expecting a good showing against the gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by tunahead View Post
                            Holy crap, the Mavs get a series sweep!
                            It was Tech. That's like beating Helen Keller at Where's Waldo.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2252423?ref=nf

charter facebook highligts are up

Comment

Kalinski has been back up with the Flyers since 11-28. Nice to see him back with the big squad after getting hurt last year.
                                Welcome to the Verizon Center... OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

Comment

Working...
                                X