Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

4 to 2 denver now, not looking so good here in the third.

austin lee looks less than average as well, he could have stopped these third period goals.
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
    - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
      4 to 2 denver now, not looking so good here in the third.

austin lee looks less than average as well, he could have stopped these third period goals.
      The go-ahead goal was on its edge and I'm sure very tough to judge. Goal 4... Yeah, that should have been stopped

Game thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4435195
      Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

great top shelf goal by eriah hayes after canzanello made a game-saving kick save on a wrap around shot (lee was way out of position and on his back).

4-3 du, 7:48 remains
        "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
          The go-ahead goal was on its edge and I'm sure very tough to judge. Goal 4... Yeah, that should have been stopped

Game thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4435195
          true... and i know there's a "game thread" too, i'll mellow out with the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
            true... and i know there's a "game thread" too, but what fun is that?
            Come help us out! Lots of DU support; need some Mavs support
            Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWtl1ZDYl1w

Comment

From the reports on FCS, Chevrie's calf was cut deep, you could see the muscle, but it coulda been worse. I don't think he'll be back for a while, though.

At first, I thought his knee (any of the xCLs) mighta gotten clipped. Thank goodness they weren't.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  From the reports on FCS, Chevrie's calf was cut deep, you could see the muscle, but it coulda been worse. I don't think he'll be back for a while, though.

At first, I thought his knee (any of the xCLs) mighta gotten clipped. Thank goodness they weren't.
                  I thougt it might be a "xCL" as well. I hope he can recover yet this year. He is a hell of a good goalie. That was play just bad luck.
                  Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                    A little off topic!!! But, former MSU Pitcher Jon Bjelland is currently competing in the ReMax World Long Drive Championship. He just won his last round with a drive of 415 Yards!!! He is in the last 12 guys in the competition.
                    While we're being a little off topic....

The Regional Rankings for NCAA Division 2 Football came out today and again are the number one team in Super Region Three. At this point, they're in the playoffs regardless of what happens this coming Saturday at St. Cloud. A win just allows them to continue their undefeated streak and claim the NSIC South Crown. Given that MSU and Duluth don't have a regular season game this year on the gridiron, there's not going to be a outright winner I believe. Also, the win would give MSU a first round bye and home field advantage thru the region, and depending on who comes out of the Super Region 2, the committee may or may not award the Mavericks a home Semi-Final game. Game time at St. Cloud this weekend is at 1pm CST, and the playoff seeding is announced Sunday afternoon.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Zach Harrison featured in Denver Post article.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxton Bomber View Post
                        Zach Harrison featured in Denver Post article.
                        Very good article, I never would have known Harrison grew up with all of those college hockey standouts in Colorado... Thanks for posting it!

I'd get you some "good rep" for this, but it won't let me... Apparently I have already given you my praises (hopefully) in recent past!

Comment

Originally posted by Caxton Bomber View Post
                          David Backes to make appearance on Today Show next Wednesday.

MSU release appears here.
                          I missed the Today Show thing--forgot the DVR Hopefully something will be on-line soon.

While I missed the Today show, I did catch [the end of] Mr. Backes on NHL Live via XM Radio at about 11:40ish--when I went out to get lunch. I'm not sure what time it started exactly, but it was over about 11:45 or so. I think they said he was in studio (which makes sense because of the Today show thing). Usually they do 10-15 minute or so segments with players--I'm guessing it would have started at the 30 minute mark of the show. Just a guess.

NHL Netork replays NHL Live from 3:00 to 5:00 if you have it [usually part of the "sports package"]. Looks like I'll need to get home early today
                          Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

http://www.msumavericks.com/sports/2...x?path=mhockey

denver highlights are up

Comment

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/336199..._to_vancouver/

"Hockey Heroes Teach Meredith some skills" is the title that you need to click on.
                              Launch the video player on the right hand side and find it there, or scroll down and check to see if there is still a direct link to the video on the page.

I did not see it live, so I'm not sure if Backes did anything else...
                              Welcome to the Verizon Center... OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

Comment

David Backes featured on NHL.com......story appears here.
                                Last edited by Caxton Bomber; 11-06-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Working...
                                X