02/21/10 vs. Northeastern Chestnut Hill, Mass. 3:00 p.m. ET
    02/23/10 vs. Merrimack Chestnut Hill, Mass. 7:00 p.m. ET
    02/26/10 vs. Massachusetts Chestnut Hill, Mass. 7:00 p.m. ET
    03/05/10 at New Hampshire Durham, N.H. 7:30 p.m. ET
    03/06/10 vs. New Hampshire Chestnut Hill, Mass. 7:00 p.m. ET

1 John Muse JR Goaltender 5-11/180 Noble & Greenough East Falmouth, MA
    2 Brian Dumoulin FR Defenseman 6-4/203 NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) Biddeford, ME
    4 Tommy Cross SO Defenseman 6-3/210 Westminster Simsbury, CT
    5 Philip Samuelsson FR Defenseman 6-3/198 Chicago Steel (USHL) Scottsdale, AZ
    6 Patrick Wey FR Defenseman 6-2/200 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) Pittsburgh, PA
    7 Carl Sneep SR Defenseman 6-3/212 Brainerd Nisswa, MN
    8 Edwin Shea SO Defenseman 6-0/180 Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL) Shrewsbury, MA
    9 Barry Almeida SO Forward 5-8/175 Omaha Lancers (USHL) Springfield, MA
    10 Jimmy Hayes SO Forward 6-5/210 Lincoln Stars (USHL) Dorchester, MA
    11 Pat Mullane FR Forward 6-0/185 Omaha Lancers (USHL) Wallingford, CT
    12 Ben Smith SR Forward 5-11/207 Westminster Avon, CT
    13 Cam Atkinson SO Forward 5-8/165 Avon Old Farms Greenwich, CT
    14 Brooks Dyroff FR Forward 6-1/190 Phillips Andover (MA) Boulder, CO
    15 Joe Whitney JR Forward 5-6/165 Lawrence Academy Reading, MA
    17 Brian Gibbons JR Forward 5-8/165 Salisbury (CT) Braintree, MA
    18 Kenny Ryan FR Forward 6-0/186 USA Under-18 Team Franklin, MI
    19 Chris Kreider FR Forward 6-2/205 Phillips Andover Boxford, MA
    21 Steven Whitney FR Forward 5-7/168 Lawrence Academy Reading, MA
    22 Paul Carey SO Forward 6-1/190 Indiana Ice (USHL) Weymouth, MA
    23 Malcolm Lyles SO Defenseman 5-10/177 Deerfield (MA) Academy Miami Gardens, FL
    24 Matt Lombardi SR Forward 5-11/189 Governor's Academy Milton, MA
    25 Matt Price SR Forward 5-9/180 Milton IceHawks (OPJHL) Milton, Ontario
    27 Patrick Alber FR Defenseman 5-10/170 Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL) Clifton Park, NY
    28 Tommy Atkinson SO Forward 5-8/155 Avon Old Farms Greenwich, CT
    29 Alex Kremer SR Goaltender 6-0/175 Taft Darien, CT
    30 Chris Venti SO Goaltender 6-0/165 Buckingham, Browne & Nichols Needham, MA
    35 Parker Milner FR Goaltender 6-1/185 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) Pittsburgh, PA

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Re: Boston College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
    One week til the first exhibition.

04/09 St. Francis Xavier (exhib.) Chestnut Hill, Mass. 5:00 p.m. ET
    Is this a prediction?
    We're playing St. Francis Xavier in the NCAA's?

You forgot the 10/
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Finally got season tickets. Been wanting to for years but I could never get anything in the red seats. They're available if anyone is looking but they're goin' fast.
      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

It's very nice going into a season with little expectations. Being ranked #12 in the pre-season polls gives this team a different attitude than previous years of #1, or top 5. Although the coaches would always preach that they enjoy the perch, it's naturally extra motivating trying to climb the rankings. This team will drop a few games in the beginning of the season without Muse, but my opinion is that they will gel faster and stronger than last year. The freshmen class will be the key factor, as they have the talent, but how quickly they adjust to the college game will determine how successful BC's season is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          It's very nice going into a season with little expectations. Being ranked #12 in the pre-season polls gives this team a different attitude than previous years of #1, or top 5. Although the coaches would always preach that they enjoy the perch, it's naturally extra motivating trying to climb the rankings. This team will drop a few games in the beginning of the season without Muse, but my opinion is that they will gel faster and stronger than last year. The freshmen class will be the key factor, as they have the talent, but how quickly they adjust to the college game will determine how successful BC's season is.
          Very good job recruiting but feshmen class will not be a deciding factor on how well they do. Down the road maybe but not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Very good job recruiting but feshmen class will not be a deciding factor on how well they do. Down the road maybe but not this year.
            Agree to disagree I guess. There are a couple of potential one and done college players in that class. It doesn't matter what class they are, if they develop into players ready for the next level, then they will have a significant impact.

Couple that with the progression of the sophomore forwards, Hayes, Atkinson, Almeida, and Carey, and this team could surpirse a lot of people.

You could be right, they could be a year away, but that's the exciting part. For years BC wasn't surprising anybody ranked #1 every year. This year is refreshing as the expectations are lifted, but the team appears to have loads of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              Agree to disagree I guess. There are a couple of potential one and done college players in that class. It doesn't matter what class they are, if they develop into players ready for the next level, then they will have a significant impact.

Couple that with the progression of the sophomore forwards, Hayes, Atkinson, Almeida, and Carey, and this team could surpirse a lot of people.

You could be right, they could be a year away, but that's the exciting part. For years BC wasn't surprising anybody ranked #1 every year. This year is refreshing as the expectations are lifted, but the team appears to have loads of potential.
              Fair enough.
              Outside Kreider, who will have to adjust as well, none are one and gone types.
              saw samuelson at capts practice and not being negative, but if he thinks he is off to Pittsburgh next year he better pick it up. Not even close

Comment

That is craziness. BC lost a lot of their defense from last year. Cross, Sneep, and Shea return. Expecting to see three (Samuelsson, Wey, Dumoulin) freshmen break into those other 3 spots.

That in and of itself is a huge part of how the season will play itself out. If they can play well, BC will have a great year because up front there is a ton of depth and a lot of guys that will be eligible to break out (with only a few needed)
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I hope you are right but dont see it happening that way. Not one of the 6 you just mentioned could crack BU's top 4 outside maybe Cross who is always a "cross" your fingers type player do to injuries. Wey being the best of those 3.

Comment

Kreider, Whitney, Ryan, Wey, and Dumoulin all land on INCH's top 20 incoming forwards and defensemen lists
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Wow, Lowell comes in ahead of BC in the preseason poll.
                      http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...ockeyEast.html
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I hope you are right but dont see it happening that way. Not one of the 6 you just mentioned could crack BU's top 4 outside maybe Cross who is always a "cross" your fingers type player do to injuries. Wey being the best of those 3.
                        That's all good and well... BU's defense is fantastic. That being said, BC didn't have anyone in 2008 except Petrecki (and MAYBE Brennan) that would be in BU's top 4 yet guys like Aiello, Kunes, Filangieri, and Sneep went berserk and locked down most notably Miami, Notre Dame, and North Dakota and took home all of the hardware. And those 4 guys aren't exactly going to knock your socks off.

To say that BC is not going to rely on their freshman class as a deciding factor on this season is pure lunacy. At forward, not necessarily as a lot of guys returning can and should produce more than they did last year. But at defense, breaking in half of the defense as freshmen. That is about as crucial as it gets.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Senior night is Saturday, March 6. Mark all of your calendars, your spouse/so's calendars, work calendars, etc. NOW. I'm editing last season's senior night and it is disgusting how many empty seats are in the backgrounds. They won a national championship (and will do so again this year) and deserve a little support.

I'm not saying that if you don't go and I see you in a superfan t-shirt, I will set it on fire while you are still wearing it, because I don't carry matches.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

The point is, if they do have to rely on the freshmen they will be in for a long season. They wont. They might gte ice but wont be the deciding factor on BC's success this year

In my opinion of course

I also dont think aielo had much in terms of positive vibes from the coaching staff

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              Wow, Lowell comes in ahead of BC in the preseason poll.
                              http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...ockeyEast.html
                              as they should, i cant believe we got first place votes.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X