Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    What was the worst case?
    I burn down the JMSIA three weeks into the season and we all jump on the University of Michigan bandwagon. So not bad.
    Last edited by Yager; 09-30-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      What was the worst case?
      The worst case was sheer pessimism. 4-19-5 for 13 points - basically, a repeat of last year. It won't happen without a repeat of last year's injury situation, which is statistically improbable (though not impossible).

On the other hand, the best I could come up with was going 13-10-5 for 31 points. Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking either. Must've been the contact high from CC fans trying to calm their nerves before the season starts.

EDIT: Small math error on my part.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-30-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
        I burn down the JMSIA three weeks into the season and we all jump on the University of Michigan bandwagon. So not bad.
        I will NEVER be on the UMi bandwagon. I wouldn't root for those **********s if they were the only hockey team on planet earth.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I will NEVER be on the UMi bandwagon. I wouldn't root for those **********s if they were the only hockey team on planet earth.
          ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
          There is only one real U of M and it isn't the above creature.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            The worst case was sheer pessimism. 4-19-5 for 13 points - basically, a repeat of last year. It won't happen without a repeat of last year's injury situation, which is statistically improbable (though not impossible).

On the other hand, the best I could come up with was going 13-10-5 for 31 points. Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking either. Must've been the contact high from CC fans trying to calm their nerves before the season starts.

EDIT: Small math error on my part.
            31 points would be good for what 3ed place? If hauswirth had stayed, maybe...

Personally, I'm looking for 24 points. IMHO we need one or two more really good recruits. I'd like to see opponents worried about the 4th line and solid defense with every change.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Sorry for the double post. F2B&G I just read your blog.

Did I miss Creamer, or are we carrying three goalies.

Second, I am higher on the goaltending situation than I have been in a while. I think several of the veteran defensemen should look out or they will not dress.

I like the idea of a really big forward causing problems on the pp and I'd like to see how Dobson does on the pp as defenseman. Otherwise I'd play him at forward. I think as far as Gwillam, the last couple of years he got himself in scoring position a lot, had the puck open in front, but failed to finish. If he can find the back more often, we will be a lot better.
              Special teams need to be in the top of the league not the bottom. IMO if we show in the first few games a solid PP and PK, it bodes well for the rest of the season. Overall I think the schedule is more favorable than last year.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Second, I am higher on the goaltending situation than I have been in a while. I think several of the veteran defensemen should look out or they will not dress.

I like the idea of a really big forward causing problems on the pp and I'd like to see how Dobson does on the pp as defenseman. Otherwise I'd play him at forward. I think as far as Gwillam, the last couple of years he got himself in scoring position a lot, had the puck open in front, but failed to finish. If he can find the back more often, we will be a lot better.
                Special teams need to be in the top of the league not the bottom. IMO if we show in the first few games a solid PP and PK, it bodes well for the rest of the season. Overall I think the schedule is more favorable than last year.
                On the topic of Dobson, I agree that he should definitely be playing forward this year. If the blueline becomes an absolute disaster, then drop him back, but otherwise he's by far the best two-way forward I've seen in my time at Tech. He can score and he's still usually the first forward back. In my opinion having a solid two-way forward with a good offensive punch is much better for this team than a somewhat offensive defenseman.
                Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

So after looking at schedules and such and giving this a lot of thought here's my prediction for the year.

I predict a very competitive WCHA this year where first place and last place is separated by no more then 15 points, with the first spot and the last spot being separated by around 6 to 7 points.

I have UND and Colorado in a battle for the first two spots, Minnie, Denver, UW and Tech battling for for remainder of the home ice spots. And I have UMD St. Cloud, Mankato and Alaska Anchorage not far behind but still behind and filling out the bottom half of the league.

This prediction are based on nothing but my own instincts and at the end of the day means absolutely nothing.
                  Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                  *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

You've been drinking too much Colt 45, robgreen.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      You've been drinking too much Colt 45, robgreen.
                      I have UND in the top two and you're complaining.
                      Just so we never forget.

*****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                        I have UND in the top two and you're complaining.
                        No, I just don't think you're anywhere close to being right. UND won't be in the top two, CC certainly won't be in the top two and Tech won't be in the top five.
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

No, I just don't think you're anywhere close to being right. UND won't be in the top two, CC certainly won't be in the top two and Tech won't be in the top five.
                          So give me a better prediction.
                          Just so we never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                            So give me a better prediction.
                            DU wins the league by 4-6 points. Minnesota and Wisconsin fight for 2nd with the Gophers getting it. UND and SCSU get the last two home ice spots. UMD and UAA end up tied for 6th/7th. CC, Mankato and Tech bring up the rear.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

We are indeed carrying three goalies. The coaching staff seems to think more highly of Cramer's potential than I do, but perhaps they were just being nice enough to include him when talking about the situation in the official prospectus. To be fair to Corson, he played on an awful (and now defunct) USHL team two years ago and still managed just under a .900 SV% over two seasons. His only action last year came during Tech's worst weekend of the season (home against Denver). However, Genoe's resume is spiffier and Robinson has a lot more game experience, so I think they are battling it out for the #1 role and Cramer is the next Hachey, as we have all said before.

Gotta agree with you about the defensemen. If everyone stays healthy, there will be no room for laziness like there was all too often last year. No one's spot in the lineup will be guaranteed.

Reading the prospectus, it seems like Russell expects to give Dobson ice time at both forward and defense, depending on the situation we are in.

Special teams can only improve upon last year, IMO. Especially the penalty kill - I want to see that back in the 85%+ range by the end of the season.

Comment

DU wins the league by 4-6 points. Minnesota and Wisconsin fight for 2nd with the Gophers getting it. UND and SCSU get the last two home ice spots. UMD and UAA end up tied for 6th/7th. CC, Mankato and Tech bring up the rear.
                                Thank you for your opinion, but you're wrong and I'm right, because I'm me and you're not.

And yes I know I know I know little to nothing about any of the teams in the league this year, but I'm still right because I am always right.
                                Just so we never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X