This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

I figured with one week to go it was time to start an official season thread.

The title is indicative of what I think it will take to get to the ECAC finals with the level of competition in the league this year.

Here's to a successful season...

Go Q!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Maybe I should have titled the thread "I Like It Like That" since it looks like that song is running away with the votes in the poll...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    Northeast Regional:

Comment

That song is awful.

Comment

let's go Q!
        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
          That song is awful.
          All of the choices are just downright terrible. None of them should be in the running for a goal celebration song. You'd be better off with a siren.

Comment

How about a good old fight song, or an alma mater? We have a band now who obviously knows music. Couldn't someone attempt to take the alma mater which does play occasionally from the clock tower and turn it into a fight song. We are in a league with tremendous tradition and classic fight songs. It's a travesty to have "I like it like that" or any of the above as our goal song. Imagine Notre Dame scoring a touchdown and "Who Let the Dogs Out" start blaring from the loud speaker. We need to start building tradition now and "I Like It Like That" doesnt even come close.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
              How about a good old fight song, or an alma mater? We have a band now who obviously knows music. Couldn't someone attempt to take the alma mater which does play occasionally from the clock tower and turn it into a fight song. We are in a league with tremendous tradition and classic fight songs. It's a travesty to have "I like it like that" or any of the above as our goal song. Imagine Notre Dame scoring a touchdown and "Who Let the Dogs Out" start blaring from the loud speaker. We need to start building tradition now and "I Like It Like That" doesnt even come close.
              I agree completely. Even it's not the alma mater and just an after goal song or something. Most of your schools have that, but I guess it's more of a football thing? I would like to hope not. I do like the bobcat growl after the goals, but there should be something more.

Please no "Who Let the Dogs Out"!!!!!
              Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
              The Northford years

Comment

Like the idea but not sure our band is big enough just yet. Obviously quality has improved by leaps and bounds but it might be a little early to make them do this.

Comment

I was told at the BBQ, the boy's have already picked the song, and it wasn't ever on the list. As they said " its going to be sick!":

Comment

Coaches poll picks QU 8, media picks them 11

I think coaches are closer than media, but this might be a long year for the gold shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      I think coaches are closer than media, but this might be a long year for the gold shirts.
                      I agree... the coaches poll is more realistic IMHO. I don't see us slipping out of the middle of the pack (5-8). Being ranked low can be advantageous since the team will be under the radar. On the other hand, this is the ECAC and we know anything is possible.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                        Like the idea but not sure our band is big enough just yet. Obviously quality has improved by leaps and bounds but it might be a little early to make them do this.
                        No better time than the present!

I do agree that it might be a bit much to ask of the band at this time but you've got to start somewhere. A bigger problem is that I don't believe the band is scheduled for every home game which means we'd need a canned version anyway.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Interesting preview on the website. Sounds like at least a few of the freshmen have a little potential!

Also, we're going to have an alum as a goalie coach.
                          Quinnipiac will also feature former Bobcat Justin Eddy, who was brought on-board as the Bobcats' goalie coach. Eddy was the first Quinnipiac player to sign a professional contract, with the Washington Capitals, and had a solid professional career that featured stops in the AHL and Europe. Eddy will faced with the task of working with returning players Dan Clarke and Pat McGann, as well as freshmen goalies Eric Hartzell and Mathieu Cadieux.

"Have Justin on board will be tremendous for us," Pecknold said. "As far as a starter, right now it's probably too early to call it. We'll see how we do in preseason. Dan Clarke saw some playing time last season, but Eric Hartzell and Mathieu Cadieux will be right in the mix."
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by NEWESTBOBCATFAN View Post
                            I was told at the BBQ, the boy's have already picked the song, and it wasn't ever on the list.
                            Were they talking about the goal song or their coming out music? I'm partial to Thunderstruck but would be willing to entertain other kick-azz options!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              I do agree that it might be a bit much to ask of the band at this time but you've got to start somewhere. A bigger problem is that I don't believe the band is scheduled for every home game which means we'd need a canned version anyway.

The band is scheduled to play every home game FYI
                              Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                              X