This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

So nice to see that our Bobcats Thread has over 22,000 views. Says alot for the number of passionate fans we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
      Were these the primary pairings last night Mark or Wong?

http://collegehockeystats.net/0910/boxes/mhcrqui1.d10
      That's how they started. Of course Rand changed things up depending upon the situation. Personally I thought the line assignments were pretty good as we had 3 really good lines. Even the 4th with Harvey, Arnt and Ketchum played very well. Several times wonger pointed out to me that Ketchum was "playing for a job".

Interested to hear what happened.
      Me too! I was actually surprised by Rand's comment saying he thought they played well in the 1st and 2nd but not in the 3rd. I thought the 3rd was their best of the night, though it did seem they were in desperation mode at times.

Can't blame too many penalties for this one. Power play efficiency didn't help.
      I will say they did manage to stay out of the box. I'm not sure Wong deserved the interfrence call he got but it didn't hurt us.

The PP has been non-existant the last 2 games. As mentioned earlier, too much cycling the puck and not enough shots on net.

Not being able to maintain focus throughout the duration of the game is a recipe for disaster for any team. This was a game many would have thought a top 10 team nationally wouldn't have to count on late game heroics.
      I wouldn't say they lost focus... it's almost like they didn't have it to begin with. Or maybe it was intensity that they lacked.

What I did see last night was something reminiscent of teams gone by. After a couple of decent scoring chances with nothing to show for it, it's almost as if they went into panic mode and started pressing too hard. The old can't buy a goal syndrome. I won't go as far to say they started playing selfishly, but there were times when guys were trying to do it all themselves and even that wasn't working.

Thinking about it today I really feel they've just hit a wall. The holiday break is coming at a good time if that's the case.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Apparently not...

It was an absolute lackluster performance by the Bobcats. They should have been all over HC but couldn't find any rhythm it seemed.

All I can say is that I hope they've hit a wall or something and that the holiday break is coming at the right time. If they're going to have a let down, now is the time instead of during the stretch run in the 2nd half.

Who would have thought a game against AIC in mid-december would be a must-win?

Ugh...

If we don't win on Saturday i'm going to start thinking that this hot start to the season was a fluke but i have confidence in this team and believe they can turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
          If we don't win on Saturday i'm going to start thinking that this hot start to the season was a fluke but i have confidence in this team and believe they can turn it around.
          It's just a rough patch. Break is coming at the right time. Last night was miserable...awful arena, awful effort from our boys.

They seemed to play decent in the first period and I thought HC was lucky to only be down one. Then it seemed that HC made an adjustment and Rand and the boys just sort of kept skating without any vigor or tenacity. Some one needs to light a fire under this bunch by tomorrow. There is no excuse to be tied with a low level team heading into the third period and not expend all energy in the third. Especially with Friday off. No adjustments were made except for maybe Atkinson taking off a couple of shifts during the second...we were questioning injury or benching.

Just a frustrating game and I'm done venting. Someone needs to wake up and speak up. I assume Mr. Beaudoin will take care of this for me.

Comment

Hello everyone- 1st post. I have been a season ticket holder for 4-5 yrs. The last 3 games have been disappointing, and reminds us of previous seasons, however, I believe this team is superior in offense and defense, and will snap back tomorrow. (Even Miami had a 3 game letdown.) See everyone tomorrow at 4pm. (Sect. 113) 5-1 Q

Comment

Originally posted by QU FAN Jim F View Post
              Hello everyone- 1st post. I have been a season ticket holder for 4-5 yrs. The last 3 games have been disappointing, and reminds us of previous seasons, however, I believe this team is superior in offense and defense, and will snap back tomorrow. (Even Miami had a 3 game letdown.) See everyone tomorrow at 4pm. (Sect. 113) 5-1 Q
              Jim...about time we got ya on here. Welcome.

3-1 Q manana.

Comment

How quick some of you jump from this band wagon. Where the heck is everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                  Where the heck is everybody?
                  Still in shock?!?

I'm not going to make a score prediction for this afternoon. Instead, I'll say that the teams needs to uncork the bottle and get back on track, and tonight is the perfect opportunity to get started. Finish the first half on the right note!

Go Q!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

I find the less I say, the better off we are!

Comment

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win! At least they ended the 1st half on a positive note.

They still looked flat and lacked intensity. Luckily, AIC was not a well-skilled team or the outcome probably would have been different. There were some shifts where they skated extremely well, but overall they did not skate like they did during the streak in November.

Hartzell gave up 2 really soft goals but otherwise looked good, though he wasn't really tested. Cadieux came in after the 2nd AIC goal and looked ok, all things considered. It was good to see him get some time in net.

Tonight was also Brett Dickinsons last game as a Bobcat (his eligibility ended this semester, yet he's only a junior).

In my opinion, he's been overall our most consistent defenseman this season. He really stepped up his game this year and it's not going to be easy filling his spot on the roster.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Brett for his contributions to the team and wish him well as he finishes his education and looks to the future. It's been a pleasure watching him develop and mature as a Bobcat!

After a 17 day layoff for the holidays, it's right back into a very tough 2nd half starting on the 29th in Cambridge. Hopefully the rest will get everyone recharged and re-focused. It doesn't get any easier from here on.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        Hartzell gave up 2 really soft goals but otherwise looked good, though he wasn't really tested. Cadieux came in after the 2nd AIC goal and looked ok, all things considered. It was good to see him get some time in net.

Tonight was also Brett Dickinsons last game as a Bobcat (his eligibility ended this semester, yet he's only a junior).

After a 17 day layoff for the holidays, it's right back into a very tough 2nd half starting on the 29th in Cambridge. Hopefully the rest will get everyone recharged and re-focused. It doesn't get any easier from here on.

I am not impressed by Hartzell. But I never seem to like the goaltenders at first it seems... But he plays too far out in front of the net and those goals he should have had. and in all honestly it should have been 6-3 but our defense saved hartzell with that shot between his legs. but he didnt even know those two goals went in! c'mon! you need to know it's coming at least!

I am very sad to see Dickie go. He was a strong player on the ice and I wish his career at QU wasn't over. His presence will truly be missed.

I hope the break does the boys well. Best of luck to them on their finals! And can't wait to see them at the end of the month!

(wonger, let's get those stats updated so we can see how people did in the salary league this week )
                        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
                          (wonger, let's get those stats updated so we can see how people did in the salary league this week )
                          Yeah yeah, I'm working on it.

We'll miss ya Brett. Great work this year and good luck in the future.

That being said, I don't think it would've taken to much for the P.A. guy to recognize that it was Brett's last game. I would assume that they recognize him on Senior Night but he won't have the opportunity to play that night. Something should've been done today at the game, but oh well. He's been recognized by the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                            I find the less I say, the better off we are!
                            Note to Santa: bring Minni a mouthguard so he doesn't hurt his tongue while biting it!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

We got the win that we needed but I thought the team really didn't seem into it. My buddy and I agreed that it seemed like we were playing down to AIC's level. I've seen plenty of games this season where we played at a faster pace. In the 3rd period it seemed like we weren't even interested.

I was glad I got to see both Hartzell and Cadieux play. Hartzell is a big guy but I wasn't impressed by his play. He didn't seem on his game. Maybe it's because he was not tested much. I liked what I saw from Cadieux. He seemed the quicker of the two.

Sorry for such a critical review

Congrats to Brett Dickinson. Is he graduating early?

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
                                I've seen plenty of games this season where we played at a faster pace.
                                Can you imagine what they could have done to AIC if they played like they did in some of those earlier games?

To be honest, that slow pace (lack of intensity) is what cost them wins the last 3 games. It actually started during the UMass game and got worse with Yale, Brown and Holy Cross. They appeared to pick it up a bit last night but nowhere near the level they're capable of.

I really want to believe the team as a whole just got gassed and hit that proverbial wall. I guess we'll know once they start the second half.

In the 3rd period it seemed like we weren't even interested.
                                I'm pretty sure we were seeing the patented QU prevent D in the 3rd.

To be honest, I thought they did a good job clamping down in the 3rd. However, it's never fun for the fans when it happens...

Sorry for such a critical review
                                No need to apologize. We all need to take the bad with the good. And I don't think you were that critical.

Congrats to Brett Dickinson. Is he graduating early?
                                As far as I know, no. It's just that his NCAA eligiblity has expired. Apparently he enrolled in a full time program back when he was playing junior hockey. According to NCAA rules, eligibility starts the day you begin classes, not the day you start your collegiate athletic career, so he lost 1-1/2 years (3 semesters).

I heard earlier this year that Brett had applied for a waiver and it was denied.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X