X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    After trying to sleep it off, I think I just want to forget about this weekend and move on.
    You optimism gives me hope for the world...and our Bobcats of course.

Comment

What the heck happened on faceoffs? 54 wins, 85 losses this weekend. Eek.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
        You optimism gives me hope for the world...and our Bobcats of course.
        Here's optimism for ya...

Me and my home white jersey are now 0 for 4 in road games. I first wore it at Ingall's last season, then at SLU for the Saturday playoff game in March, Friday night at Yale, and last night at Brown.

So, is it me, the jersey, or the combination bringing out the worst in our Bobcats?

I think I need to figure this out before Thursday...

Maybe I just need QU to start selling the blue road jerseys!

Originally posted by allnightwong
        What the heck happened on faceoffs? 54 wins, 85 losses this weekend. Eek.
        Combine that with shots on goal and it's easy to see why we got no points on the weekend.

Like I said, time to forget and move on...
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Maybe I just need QU to start selling the blue road jerseys!
          PLEASE someone in the QU whatever department, figure out a way to get the blue road jerseys into the bookstore for purchase. They are BY FAR the best looking of the three and need to be available to the fans!

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            PLEASE someone in the QU whatever department, figure out a way to get the blue road jerseys into the bookstore for purchase. They are BY FAR the best looking of the three and need to be available to the fans!
            Agreed.
            QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS
            MAAC Regular Season Champions: 1999, 2000
            MAAC Tournament Champions: 2002
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2005
            ECAC Hockey Final Four: 2007

Comment

As a fan, the worst thing we could do is start promoting a different color jersey.

At Yale on Friday, it was great to see the students in gold. Also very, very good to see our student section so golden.

Even though all like the navy road jersey, it Would NOT be good to start another color

Comment

While I'm not happy about 2 conferences loses this weekend I think that they came at a good time. I'm hoping that the two games this week rebuild the team's confidence and start another winning streak. I'd also like to see both Hartzell and Cadieux get the starts.

Who do you think has been the team's mvp thus far?

Comment

We only fell 4 spots to 8th in the INCH Power Rankings. I have a feeling it'll be a little farther in the other polls...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
                    While I'm not happy about 2 conferences loses this weekend I think that they came at a good time.
                    As ugly as the Yale game got, the Brown loss really stings. I guess you could make the argument that they were road losses, but they were conference losses and we should have taken at least 2 pts.

I'm hoping that the two games this week rebuild the team's confidence and start another winning streak.
                    These next 2 games are critical in terms of confidence. Not to slight Holy Cross or AIC in any way, but they're teams we must beat before the break. We start the 2nd half on the road at Harvard and Princeton which I'm sure will be tough games prior to a monster homestand that will likely define this team.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post

Who do you think has been the team's mvp thus far?

I think that's really hard to say. Obviously Wong and Lampe have been putting up lots of points, but in the past few games, their presence hasn't been felt on the ice.
                      I'd say the same thing for Atkinson, he was a very strong presence in the first couple of games, but agian has fallen to the wayside, but that is usually how he plays anyways.
                      This past weekend I would have argued for Greg Holt. He hustles up and down the ice and you find him all over near the puck, though he did get a ten minute misconduct..
                      Dickinson has stepped it up on defense a lot this year. Baron has come in as a strong defenseman as well.

I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Clarke. He has been playing tremendously well and has shown marked improvement since last year. And he's been pretty consistent. Yes, we lost this weekend, but we didn't have the greatest defense to back him up...
                      Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
                        I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Clarke.
                        I second that. Even counting this past weekend, Clarke has surpassed our expectations of him and has been our most solid net presence in recent memory.

Strong consideration to Lampe and Wong of late.

Early Season ROY- Davies

Comment

Clarke, Wong, Lampe... all outstanding so far this season. However, my vote for MVP to date would be Jean-Marc. A lot of what he does isn't visible on the scoring sheet. Ask the guys on the team about Jean-Marc and the job he's doing as captain and they gush over him. Rand has also praised the difference Johnny is making.

I am so proud of the whole team.

Call me overly optimistic. Remind me it's only mid-season. But I'm beginning to wonder if the title of this thread should read "Clawing our way to Detroit"!

Go Q!

Comment

Congrats to Brown. They played a good game and I was surprised by their speed and tenacity.
                            This is getting to be a pattern. Brown did not look good early when we were lucky to get them, but the last couple weeks they've been an excellent team.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
                              Call me overly optimistic. Remind me it's only mid-season. But I'm beginning to wonder if the title of this thread should read "Clawing our way to Detroit"!
                              While I share your enthusiasm, I think it's important not to look too far ahead. We'll have to see how they respond to this past weekend. They need to regain their confidence and composure, which was missing at Yale, and only partially apparent at Brown.

One game, one period, one shift at a time. Worry about the things they can control... the rest will take care of itself.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
                                Clarke, Wong, Lampe... all outstanding so far this season. However, my vote for MVP to date would be Jean-Marc. A lot of what he does isn't visible on the scoring sheet. Ask the guys on the team about Jean-Marc and the job he's doing as captain and they gush over him. Rand has also praised the difference Johnny is making.

Attitude reflects leadership - Remember the Titans
                                So I'd have to agree there too. Captains have a large influence on their team, and as we have all seen this season, the team has a much greater "team" perspective than they did last year. And it can't be 100% placed on JMB, but I'm sure a great deal of that is reflected by him.
                                Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                                X