X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
    1. Friday's crowd at the Sports Center was top notch.
    Agreed.

Saturday's crowd sucked.
    I respectfully disagree. While they weren't as loud or obnoxious as Friday's crowd, they were there in decent numbers and made some noise.

And, just to clarify, we are speaking about the student crowd, correct?

2. This is a quality team.
    Agreed.

They have two lines that can score and a line that is really tough to play against.

I thought the 4th line brought nothing to the table but with the other three it really doesn't have to.
    Agree and disagree. Perhaps we're not in sync about the lines, but I think all 4 lines have been doing a nice job. The 4th line is supposed to be a bunch of grinders buying some time for the other lines to rest, and they've been doing that.

3. Eric Lampe. My goodness. Great to see him make such a leap.
    Every time he's on the ice he looks a threat.
    I say he hasn't leapt anywhere... he just wasn't getting any attention with the Leitch's, Marshall's, Nelson's, and Bates' on the ice. Lampe has always been an explosive player. I think this year his role is obviously different and he certainly has been our best guy on the ice thus far.

4. The defense. I'm not sure I can name more than four of them but they're holding their own.
    Except for some stupid penalties and rookie mistakes, they have been rather impressive.

6. How about Danny Clark huh? Two solid performances this weekend. Doubt anyone is seeing time in net any time soon unless he falters big time. Though I think starlesssixty is spot on when he says he needs to control the puck better.
    I said this to wonger both nights last weekend: it's Clarke's job to lose but I'm sure Rand has him on a very short leash... first sign of trouble and we see one of the frosh off the bench.

However, I must say he has made some marked improvement over last year. He seems to have become infected with a much higher level of confidence, likely due to to the better D out in front of him.

7. Louie LeBlanc is impressive. Sorry Mark, but I thought he was the most impressive Crimson (not saying much) on the ice on Friday. If anything, fault his team for holding him back.
    I never said he wasn't impressive, just that I wasn't impressed. Perhaps it was the team holding him back, but after all I heard about him and because he was a #1 pick, I somehow was expecting more.

9. Credit where credit is due.

This year however the team is outstaningly coached.
    I think Rand has done a tremendous job thus far given the large number of new faces.

Maybe it's easier for him to mold young talent initially as freshmen, remember perhaps our biggest years since ECAC came w/ huge classes. Then again Lampe's development is a prime example that he's getting more out of upperclassmen as well. In any event, I haven't heard much praise for him in the short season and think he deserves a lot.
    He's definitely deserving of the praise.

I'd like to think that it's all not his doing however. There's an air about this team that has been totally unexpected and definitely noticeable. The level of excitement shown by all the guys, the unselfish play. There's been no solo acts... it's been truly a team effort thus far. Every article and interview I've seen this season all say the same thing: the freshmen are excited and hungry and are pushing the upperclassmen to be more competetive.

But for right now, there's a lot to be excited about in Hamden.
    For sure!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Should be a good one Fri night...We're playing pretty well too ! Looks like all your scoring is done by one line .
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Looks like all your scoring is done by one line.
        I wouldn't say that. Our first line has the majority of the goals but they've also managed to spread it out a little bit. Plus, the lines have been mixed up a little over the course of a game too.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

At the time, I swore never again, but I'd actually like to take the Colgate, Cornell trip again. Watching games at Lynah is a spectacle.

Comment

Some high praise on the Hobey Watch blog for Lampe and Wong this past week.

Good luck to Q this weekend, and the rest of the way (except for a pair of games yet to be played).
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              Good luck to Q this weekend, and the rest of the way
              Thanks... same to you.

(except for a pair of games yet to be played)
              You'll be rooting for Union?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Looks like a couple of our boys got the call from the AHL.

Jamie Bates got called up from Stockton of the ECHL to the Springfield Falcons of the AHL
                http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=7

Reid Cashman got called up from Cincinnati of the ECHL to Milwaukee of the AHL.
                http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/team.html

They join David Marshall of the Lake Erie Monsters as QU alum in the AHL.

Keep up the good work boys!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  I'm almost certain my daughter and I will be going to Ingalls tomorrow night to scout... er, watch UMass and the Eli's.
                  We did go tonight and all I can say is "wow". Both those teams are fast. UMass has some size as well and they displayed some of best puck handling I've seen in a while. Yale never gave up and even seemed to find a little extra late into the 3rd.

Both teams will be tough matches for the Bobcats but I think we can skate with each of them. It'll take a complete effort and we absolutely will need to stay out of the box.

But, we need to get through this weekend first. Colgate and Cornell are going to be another pair of key games for us.

Go Q!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Big weekend begins tonight. The Q of old would have lost both games this weekend or at best gone 0-1-1 on the trip. We're going to quickly find out how good this team is in the next 36 hours, and if they're going to separate themselves from the streaky QU teams of the last half decade.

Comment

I was thinking about it and I think this is the hardest weekend trip in conference for the season. They don't get any tougher than these two teams and then we have Princeton at home the day before thanksgiving to boot. I feel pretty confident with what we can do and obvisouly Brian Sullivan does too. He took the Bobcats to win all 3 games in the next 5 days.

This is a critical part of the schedule if they play a good 60 minutes both nights, we should be happy with the results.

Comment

Yeah Mr. Sullivan loves us this year! Can ya really blame him? Tonight we take on a very tough Colgate team then four straight against ranked opponents. Predictions:

Friday: QU 4, Colgate 2
                        Saturday: QU 3, Cornell 3

Go Q!

Comment

Bring it, Bobcats!!!!
                          Go 'Gate!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
                            I was thinking about it and I think this is the hardest weekend trip in conference for the season.
                            It's definitely another defining weekend!

This is a critical part of the schedule if they play a good 60 minutes both nights, we should be happy with the results.
                            It's going to take 60 solid minutes for sure. The one thing I hope they don't do is look past 'Gate to tomorrows matchup with Cornell. Both of these games will be tough and require a total team effort.

I am confident we can skate with both teams this weekend. My picks:

QU 4 Colgate 1
                            Qu 3 Cornell 2

Go Q!
                            Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 11-20-2009, 05:17 PM.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Take it outside CU13.

3-1-4 for Lampe on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                                3-1-4 for Lampe on the weekend.
                                And how many will he get tomorrow?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X