X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in our buddy Chip over at the Register.
    Chip had a nice write-up in yesterdays paper.

I especially like Rand's comments:
    “We have 13 freshmen,” Pecknold said. “Six forwards, five defensemen and two goalies. There’s always a lot of energy with a freshman class that big. It might be the best class we’ve ever had, but we’ll need more than two games to decide that. But the veterans were excellent, too. They’re focused on having a big year. It’s a long season, and we’re just getting started.”
    He sounds genuinely optimistic.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks Chip, I knew all I had to do what light a fire haha.

QU 4
      Bentley 2

See ya around 3 Marky Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Looks like Bentley put up a good game last night in a 3-2 loss at Northeastern (2 goals disallowed). That would indicate to me that the Bobcats better be ready to play. Our past successes against the Falcons are meaningless... gotta play the game at hand.

Sounds like it should be a pretty decent crowd so hopefully the Bank will be loud and offer some home-ice mojo.

My only question is who starts in net? I'm guessing we'll see Cadieux.

Go Q!
        Yup. Chewy is starting in goal today.

Comment

Chip had a nice write-up in yesterdays paper.

I especially like Rand's comments:
          He sounds genuinely optimistic.
          I've liked a lot of what I've read and heard from interviews with Rand so far this year. He mentioned in one about changing his approach to discipline with the team and if you listen carefully and read between the lines of some of his comments he seems less likely to call out players publicly (never a good management strategy in my opinion) and more likely to focus on the positive (well, so far there's been a lot of that to focus on). I don't expect him to be gushing with praise if the players don't play hard or smart, but I think we're seeing a slightly different approach from Rand. He's a smart guy and an accomplished coach and I believe he has learned from the experiences of that last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
            Chewy
            Interesting...

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
            I've liked a lot of what I've read and heard from interviews with Rand so far this year. He mentioned in one about changing his approach to discipline with the team and if you listen carefully and read between the lines of some of his comments he seems less likely to call out players publicly (never a good management strategy in my opinion) and more likely to focus on the positive (well, so far there's been a lot of that to focus on).
            After reading a few of his comments and hearing him on the radio the other night, I get the same feeling. I also think JMB will be a huge influence on and off the ice as well. Even though it's still very early, I sense a much different attitude than I have the past couple of seasons.

He's a smart guy and an accomplished coach and I believe he has learned from the experiences of that last couple of years.
            Overall I like Rand's style, but agree he may have pushed things a bit too far in the past with his comments. A coach with his credentials has to learn from things like that in order to be truly successful.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Getting ready to head to the Bank. I hear the game is sold out! Yeah, I know it's Parent's Weekend, but a sell out is awesome anytime!

Go Q!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Getting ready to head to the Bank. I hear the game is sold out! Yeah, I know it's Parent's Weekend, but a sell out is awesome anytime!

Go Q!

I think we need to leave now then... up to the Bank I go!!! See you there Mark, maybe. We're in the corner right when you walk in.... only two with the pink/black jersey!

LET'S GO Q!!!!
                Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                The Northford years

Comment

Good luck, Q!! I wont be able to watch or listen to the all and powerful Schweiz, as I'm at work 4pm-2am... Keep me updated, Crazy Bobcats!

Comment

Well a wins a win. Sloppy, ugly and outplayed for most of the game but I'll take a 3-0 start to the season. First 3-0 start since 1998. Wasn't as impressed with Cadieux as with our other two netminders but he made the saves that needed to be made.

Nice to see Rolheiser & Oakes collect a couple points. But some of freshie D men seemed to get lost way too much. I'll spare names for now.

Week off and then off to Moon Township, PA.
                    Last edited by allnightwong; 10-17-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Great job by Bentley. Very competitive game. Too bad they couldn't come away with a win but very good first two games away.

Comment

Originally posted by offside View Post
                        Great job by Bentley. Very competitive game. Too bad they couldn't come away with a win but very good first two games away.
                        Wrong thread chief.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                          Sloppy, ugly and outplayed for most of the game
                          And that's the good news!

Three things need drastic improvement for this team to remian successful:

1. Power play
                          2. Power play
                          3. Power play

The power play was atrocious tonight. No, wait, they would need to have a power play for it to be bad. Granted, they only had 4 PP opportunities but it seemed like they couldn't get anything set up. I think that puts them at something like 1-for-16 on the season.

Also, another scary trait of QU the past few seasons has been the inability to clear the zone. The puck spent entirely too much time in front of our net tonight.

I'll take a 3-0 start to the season. First 3-0 start since 1998.
                          Thanks for doing your homework wonger! I was wondering on the way home when we last started 3-0.

Bottom line was even though we won, it was the hockey gods shining on us. Bentley outplayed us for most of the game. They were certainly the hungrier team.

For whatever reason, the lines didn't seem to have any chemistry tonight. Maybe that's part of having so many freshmen on the ice, but even some the upperclassmen seemed off kilter.

As ugly as it was, I'll take the win and hope that the upcoming week off doesn't hurt us. The 2-game set at RMU won't be any easier than the games to date.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten at QU View Post
                            only two with the pink/black jersey
                            Sorry, I didn't get over that way after the game started. You didn't by any chance walk around the concourse during the 2nd intermission did you?
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Kitten was there two of you in the black n pinks? Man and woman? I may have seen ya.

Comment

Great Game by QU and Bentley and Great Crowd (3000+).

Also Great Call by Bill Schweizer of the OT goal:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/Vie...ATCLID=3759574

Comment

Working...
                                X