X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami Season Thread

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    http://www.s-sm.org/athletics/inters...id=2009+-+2010

Found him on the one team we didn't wanna see him on, the prep squad. For a kid that was highly regarded, not to make the big club in his senior year, is definitely disappointing. Hope he winds up with the Ice and gets a year or two of USHL in him.
    Prep squad is their big team, that is the team that plays Tier I midgets.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      Prep squad is their big team, that is the team that plays Tier I midgets.
      Seriously? I figured it would be their AAA team playing up with the Majors or something. I guess he's on the team we'd hope for then, "prep" just sounds like JV compared to AAA.

Comment

Yea just checked their 08-09 media guide, you're right RHM that is their big club. They actually had a Cinci kid on the team last year too oddly enough. There was also about a half page feature on 'Trags in their media guide too.

Comment

Seriously? I figured it would be their AAA team playing up with the Majors or something. I guess he's on the team we'd hope for then, "prep" just sounds like JV compared to AAA.
          unless its different there. But when I was on a visit at Culver they had a JV, Varsity B, Varsity A, and Prep. Prep was their big squad who played Tier I and Varsity B played the high school leagues. I know at Gilmore they have a JV, Varsity (which plays high school in ohio) and prep which plays tier I midgets.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Yea just checked their 08-09 media guide, you're right RHM that is their big club. They actually had a Cinci kid on the team last year too oddly enough. There was also about a half page feature on 'Trags in their media guide too.
            Yea kids name was Forte, he is a good player. I believe he is in juniors, not sure where. He really wants to come to Miami, just don't know if there will be room or if he wants to wait that long. Or even if Miami wants him.

Comment

I would like to thank Notre Dame for blanking BU and making them 0-2. Apparently it broke BU's 99-game streak of no shutouts.
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                I would like to thank Notre Dame for blanking BU and making them 0-2. Apparently it broke BU's 99-game streak of no shutouts.
                Yea but can't we put together a law suit against ESPN U for the cruel and unusual punishment they put some of us Miami fans through by replaying the final min. and OT of the NC game as much as they did last night....geesh felt like my heart was ripped out all over again....

Comment

We're under 24 hours away from puck drop. Very excited to open up conference play and, as has been said already, it seems that this will be a better series than originally expected. Can't wait to head down to Oxford tomorrow afternoon and dust off my tuba. All Alumni playing tomorrow night since the students in the band are performing over at Millett for LegacyFest. Feel free to drop by the band and say hey!

GO REDHAWKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                    We're under 24 hours away from puck drop. Very excited to open up conference play and, as has been said already, it seems that this will be a better series than originally expected. Can't wait to head down to Oxford tomorrow afternoon and dust off my tuba. All Alumni playing tomorrow night since the students in the band are performing over at Millett for LegacyFest. Feel free to drop by the band and say hey!

GO REDHAWKS!!!
                    very cool, nice of you guys to do that!

Comment

Great shot of Cody on the front of USCHO.

Comment

According to someone inside Goggin. The scratches are/have been practicing. Scratches tonight include:

Tomassoni (very interesting...)
                        Kennedy
                        Mantha
                        Mason
                        Hetland
                        Tiesling (obviously)

That said, RHM, I think we may see B. Smith! And, Spinnell.
                        Last edited by redhawk95; 10-23-2009, 01:50 PM.
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Hard-fought win last night. Remember, we are the hunted these days so we're going to get everyone's best shot...including the officials. YUCK!

Mini game recap and other musings now posted at Jackets Required.

http://bit.ly/V6ltC
                          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            According to someone inside Goggin. The scratches are/have been practicing. Scratches tonight include:

Tomassoni (very interesting...)
                            Kennedy
                            Mantha
                            Mason
                            Hetland
                            Tiesling (obviously)

That said, RHM, I think we may see B. Smith! And, Spinnell.
                            I agree the Tomassoni scratch was an interesting one. I guess you can chalk it up to you have 7 legit D-men that could start anywhere and you have to make them all happy. It will be interesting how things work themselves out as the year goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                              Hard-fought win last night. Remember, we are the hunted these days so we're going to get everyone's best shot...including the officials. YUCK!

Mini game recap and other musings now posted at Jackets Required.

http://bit.ly/V6ltC

Officials don't dictate much in a game. Nothing out of the ordinary in last nights game, it was a little chippy and there were a lot of the standard of play called. Things will always be tighter in the begin of the season so that the players adjust.

Officals have no interest in the game so not fair to say they favor one team or the other, it just doesn't happen. These guys are fighting for assignments and are graded by performance, so they are out there doing their best.

Comment

Tough one to swallo tonight, but got to tip your hat to MSU. They won that game and out worked Miami most of the night. Miami can't hang there goaltender out to dry like that and expect to win. All three goals were due to defensive breakdowns and on the game winner for petes sake hit someone. But didn't think Miami played bad it was more or less due to MSU dictating the play.

On a side note to Riley Smith....Kid how on earth do you shoot the puck over the glass from practically the goal line??? That was amazing, as it was right in front of me I couldn't believe it lol.

Listen they weren't going to win them all, but you would like to win against a middle of the pack conference team ( however I think sparty will challege for a bye ). Hopefully this will be a gut check type of loss as they have two big road series the next couple weeks. Got to love the heart this team showed to come back down 2 in the third, boy when they really turn it on they sure are fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X