Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by PCM View Post
    The facts are that in five years of coaching at UND, Hakstol has never yanked a player's scholarship and suspended him indefinitely. And not only did Hakstol do that, but he also brought in another freshman forward early to replace Frattin on the roster.

But rather than staying gone, he met the conditions Hakstol set for his return, re-enrolled at UND and returned to face up to his responsibilities and be held accountable for his actions.
    PCM, I think we will never be able to change the UND/Hakstol haters minds who think some how this was a ruse and that Coach Hakstol runs a questionable program. I wouldn't waste anymore of your breath. The people that follow the program know that Hakstol does a lot of things behind the scenes that he doesn't speak about in the media. I am waiting for the Skippie's to say that this was an act of desperation next.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

On a lighter note, is the Notre Dame game on tv or a webcast available?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
        On a lighter note, is the Notre Dame game on tv or a webcast available?
        No and no from the sounds of it.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          No and no from the sounds of it.
          What kind of crap tournament is this?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
            What kind of crap tournament is this?
            Yeah no doubt, no Televsion.
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
              As my noble hero Sen. Al Franken would say, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
              You can have him.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                You can have him.
                Please adjust your sarcasm meter.
                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

UND is still undefeated in non-conference play.
                  I'll take it.

Too bad Fratts hit the crossbar on his shootout attempt. That would have been a good welcome-back.

Go Sioux, beat the Mavs!
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    You can have him.
                    Thank God I live in ND, you people in Minnesota can have him. Frankin is a clown.
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      When you talk with the DU coaches, they will tell you that they pass on recruiting some very good hockey players all the time if they don't meet certain character requirements.
                      I read those words and the name "Geoff Paukovich" and phrase "gross sexual imposition charges, with a minor, while in the USHL" come to mind.

" ... certain character requirements" indeed.

Swami, you did get one thing correct in your post: It's coming. It's not if, but when.
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

UND is still undefeated in non-conference play.
                        I'll take it.
                        That is true, and isn't a bad thing at all. Still, when you think about giving up third period leads against MSU and ND....
                        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          That is true, and isn't a bad thing at all. Still, when you think about giving up third period leads against MSU and ND....
                          No doubt. Those two ties in NC play could have easily been wins.
                          Although we haven't played Michigan State.
                          I think you meant Miami.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

What's Hextall's status? The radio guys said he left with what looked to be a leg or knee injury late in the ND game, and didn't return for OT or the shootout. We certainly don't need anymore injuries this year.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              What's Hextall's status? The radio guys said he left with what looked to be a leg or knee injury late in the ND game, and didn't return for OT or the shootout. We certainly don't need anymore injuries this year.
                              He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries.

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries.

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...
                                That's what puzzled me, that Brad had nothing. Tim and Tim both commented that Hextall's injury came as he tried a one-timer late in the game. Apparently he had to twist himself somewhat ackwardly to try to one-time it. They thought he caught an edge or something, and that he really struggled to get back to the bench.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X