Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Thereby making it not a difficult decision at all.
    Please explain how Frattin's decision to return to UND was easier than catching on with a Canadian team when he apparently had offers to do so. Please explain how it was easier than, say, taking a mininum wage job at Tim Horton's making donuts and hanging out with his buddies from high school.

...stick with the first choice he made all along...
    And you know that how...?

Now I realize your on-line persona will never, ever, ever give up on this...
    Do you realize the your online persona has now made four posts on the subject of Frattin since you said you weren't going to discuss it any more?

...so perhaps I should just bow having said what I've said - which is good luck to him but there's nothing special or remotely heroic about this situation.
    Did I ever say it was special or remotely heroic? No, I didn't. All I ever said was that coming back to UND wasn't as easy as you seem to believe. As far as I can tell, your position is solely based on your mind-reading skills and your earlier confusion about the basic facts of the situation.
    Last edited by PCM; 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      No, Fratts played with Cichy and Toews.
      VV played with Gregoire and Knight.

The most impressive line was Trupp/Malone/Hextall.
      Accounted for two of the three goals and were buzzing all game.
      Thank you very much. Malone is having a great season. For a bigger guy he can cover a lot of ice in a hurry. Hexy seems to have found his scoring touch again.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCM View Post
        Please explain how it was easier than, say, taking a mininum wage job at Tim Horton's making donuts and hanging out with his buddies from high school.
        You can't be serious. Easier to take a dead end job and do nothing for the rest of his life? Easier than going to college, play a game he was promised to play, in a place where the team reigned surpeme, and parlay it into something more? This question alone discredits anything you could say on the subject. Here's your well earned halo.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-02-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Dell is out with an injury...that's all we need is more injuries.
          Sounds like he got hurt in practice the other day. Holy Cow did someone on the team break an mirror?
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
            Because if you'd read what Hakstol said at the time Frattin was kicked off the team, the coach left open the possibility that Frattin could return at some point. My guess is that Hakstol spelled out the conditions under which that could happen. It was up to Frattin to satisfy those conditions...
            It sounded like there were some strings attached and messures or hoops that that Frattin had to jump through to get back with the team. Coach Hakstol and Frattin kind of talked around it at the presser on Wednesday. Sounds like there had to be some behavioral changes for Frattin to be able to get back on the team. We can only speculate what they are.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

This makes it Frattin Post No. 5 since your online persona said it was done with the subject.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              You can't be serious. Easier to take a dead end job and do nothing for the rest of his life?
              You're right. I'm not serious. If Frattin lacked character, he wouldn't have been at UND to begin with.

Besides, I didn't say "smarter." I said "easier." I'm sure you're aware that many people, when faced with tough times, take the easy way out rather than making difficult decisions required to get their lives back on track. The easiest thing for Frattin to do would have been to drop out of school, drop out of hockey and not deal with his problems.

And what about the other more realistic option Frattin had which you ignored? That would have been the easier path, too, right?

Easier than going to college, play a game he was promised to play, in a place where the team reigned surpeme, and parlay it into something more? This question alone discredits anything you could say on the subject.
              Come on. Nobody at the college level gets to play hockey because they were "promised." Talk about discrediting statements...

You continue to sell the notion that what Frattin did was "easy" because he never really left school and was never really out of UND's hockey program. With no evidence whatsoever to support it, you believe that there was some type of "'wink, wink' behind the scenes" agreement that enabled Frattin to return to UND no matter what.

The facts are that in five years of coaching at UND, Hakstol has never yanked a player's scholarship and suspended him indefinitely. And not only did Hakstol do that, but he also brought in another freshman forward early to replace Frattin on the roster. After Frattin was kicked off the team, he left school, he left town, he left the state and he left the country.

But rather than staying gone, he met the conditions Hakstol set for his return, re-enrolled at UND and returned to face up to his responsibilities and be held accountable for his actions.

I'm not saying what Frattin did was "noble" or "heroic" (your words, not my words or the words of any Sioux fan). I'm not nominating him for sainthood. He still has to prove himself, redeem himself and make something of the chance that he's been given. I hope that he will, but the jury is still out. The one thing I am sure about is that the past four months have not been easy for Matt Frattin.
              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                It sounded like there were some strings attached and messures or hoops that that Frattin had to jump through to get back with the team.
                I'm sure there were. And I'd be surprised if Frattin is getting any scholarship money at this point.
                Sounds like there had to be some behavioral changes for Frattin to be able to get back on the team. We can only speculate what they are.
                During Tim O'Keefe's intermission interview with Chay Genoway yesterday, O'Keefe said something to the effect that Frattin's situation was a team responsibility. Genoway agreed with him. I can only guess what they meant by that.

Comment

Slap Shot, just stop. Arguing with PCM on the internet is like arguing with your wife. Whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter, you're going to lose.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Slap Shot, just stop. Arguing with PCM on the internet is like arguing with your wife. Whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter, you're going to lose.
                    Heed the voice of experience!

Comment

Heed the voice of experience!
                      Psh. I'm the exception that proves the rule.
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Psh. I'm the exception that proves the rule.
                        As my noble hero Sen. Al Franken would say, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Comment

As my noble hero Sen. Al Franken would say, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
                          As my noble hero, myself, would say, facts are just things that get in the way of the truth.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

As my noble hero, myself, would say, facts are just things that get in the way of the truth.
                            And everyone knows that truth can be disproven with statistics.

Comment

14% of all people know that.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

PCM, I could stand here and argue with you, but then I'd have to get another glass of milk.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X