Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    Just for the record I believe that Finley missed 12 games last year with his Concussion. I hope that Chay doesn't miss that many. With Genoway in the Lineup UND is a much better team.
    While very true, my biggest hope is they don't bring him back too soon. You don't mess around with concussions.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Recruit Update:

Danny Mattson, Omaha (USHL) - 25gp, 5g, 5a, 10pts
      Derek Rodwell, Okotoks (AJHL) - 34gp, 11g, 17a, 28pts
      Nick Mattson, Indiana (USHL) - 21gp, 3g, 4a, 7pts
      Derek Forbort, NTDP U18 - 10gp, 1g, 3a, 4pts
      Mike Fink, Des Moines (USHL) - 25gp, 2g, 11a, 13pts
      Colten St. Clair, Fargo (USHL) - 22gp, 6g, 6a, 12pts
      Michael Parks, Cedar Rapids (USHL) - 22gp, 5g, 7a, 12pts
      Brendan O'Donnell, Winnipeg S Blues (MJHL) - 33gp, 14g, 14a, 28pts
      Brock Nelson, Warroad (MNHS) - 8gp, 12g, 10a, 22pts
      Zane Gothberg, TRF (MNHS) - 9gp, 6 win/2 loss, 1 SO, 1.81 GAA, .898 save %
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Holy crap, guess who's back?

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=67251

UND forward Matt Frattin is back on campus, has re-enrolled and is eligible to play in the second half of the season.

He will travel to Chicago with the team, but it's unknown whether he'll play yet.

"To this point, he's done all the right things," UND coach Dave Hakstol said. "It's one day at a time. He's eligible to play. I'm approaching it one day forward at a time. I'm really impressed with how Matt has handled everything right from Day One."

Check for more later.
        I guess that covers the replacement for Zajac's injury.
        Welcome back, Matt. No more alcohol for you.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Holy crap, guess who's back?

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=67251

I guess that covers the replacement for Zajac's injury.
          Welcome back, Matt. No more alcohol for you.
          If Frattin plays with a chip on his shoulder he could be a big boost for this team.
          'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
            If Frattin plays with a chip on his shoulder he could be a big boost for this team.
            Even if he just plays like he did last year it will be a big boost for the team. He was 3rd in goals behind Duncs and VV.

I wonder how much he has been skating though. Might take him a few games to get up to speed.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Nice, like this news alot, hopefully the sioux win two this weekend!!

I wish I was going to the games this weekend, my cousin went and screwed that up.. She lives in the windy city but decides to get married in Rochester this weekend instead... I would have loved to go to a wedding and get to watch the sioux play twice on the road.. now its just a wedding.. boy did I get hosed!!!

LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!!
              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Quote on Frattin from Hakstol (from the Sioux blog):

Hakstol says Frattin returned to campus in good shape. "It's very apparent to me that he's done - not a little bit of work - a lot of work."
                Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                boy did I get hosed!!!
                Yeah you did!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                  I wish I was going to the games this weekend, my cousin went and screwed that up.. She lives in the windy city but decides to get married in Rochester this weekend instead... I would have loved to go to a wedding and get to watch the sioux play twice on the road.. now its just a wedding.. boy did I get hosed!!!
                  My wedding hosing story is better, I think. I was planning on going to the Frozen Four in Denver. My moron, Bison fan of a cousin decides to have his wedding that weekend. Where does my cousin go on his honeymoon? Denver.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Herald article on Frattin's return:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...89/group/home/

“I’m really impressed with the way Matt has handled everything right from Day One. He had other options. He probably chose the most difficult path in deciding to return to the University of North Dakota. He decided to do whatever it took.”

“It’s tough to do things on your own, but he found a way,” Hakstol said. “It’s very apparent to me that he’s done. . . not a little bit of work. . . but a lot of work. He’s in very good condition judging by the two practices we’ve had — which were pretty competitive practices.”

Frattin is expected to address the media on Wednesday morning.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      My wedding hosing story is better, I think. I was planning on going to the Frozen Four in Denver. My moron, Bison fan of a cousin decides to have his wedding that weekend. Where does my cousin go on his honeymoon? Denver.
                      who honeymoons in Denver?
                      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                        who honeymoons in Denver?
                        A thundering turd.

Comment

Anyone else a little surprised by Frattin's mid-season return to UND hockey?

Essentially, he got a three month suspension for his alcohol-fueled summer. The lawnmower night arrest could have happened to anyone, but the DUI a month later was really appalling, not only because everyone knows how really serious DUIs are, but because the guy had already been arrested just a month earlier, and should have learned his lesson then. I would have expected UND to suspend him for the whole season at a minimum, and would not have been surprised to see him kicked out of school for good, given his rather blatant disregard for learning from his first mistake.

I would expect most Sioux fans to support Frattin's reinstatement, since the guy is a very good hockey player. But are there any UND posters who are still uncomfortable with the sentence fitting the crime (s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Essentially, he got a three month suspension for his alcohol-fueled summer. The lawnmower night arrest could have happened to anyone, but the DUI a month later was really appalling, not only because everyone knows how really serious DUIs are, but because the guy had already been arrested just a month earlier, and should have learned his lesson then. I would have expected UND to suspend him for the whole season at a minimum, and would not have been surprised to see him kicked out of school for good, given his rather blatant disregard for learning from his first mistake.

I would expect most Sioux fans to support Frattin's reinstatement, since the guy is a very good hockey player. But are there any UND posters who are still uncomfortable with the sentence fitting the crime (s)?
                            while I know UND's history of players with arrests and brushes with the law, I'm guessing there was a lot of behind-the-scene stuff that was happening here. Maybe the coaches had him doing some additional community service or youth programs or (wait for it) lawnmowing! Point is, Frattin might have shown the coaching staff something that made them feel he deserved reinstatement.

I say he should be on super-probation but otherwise, I'm happy to have him back.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Too bad Denver keeps all their dirty laundry under wraps or we could have a contrast and compare discussion.

Comment

I'm a little surprised, but mostly because I didn't expect him back, especially at the mid-season point.

As you point out, I'm sure UND fans will welcome him back, and I'm equally sure the decision of Hak and his staff will be criticized far and wide by fans of other teams. Please understand I don't take your post as criticism, but as a fair question.

A few years ago I posted my opinion that I think it's unfair for those of us outside of a program to second guess the decision of a coaching staff on disciplinary matters. Simply because we don't have all of the facts and know what's gone on.

I kind of look at it like I do the neighbor's kids. I might not have disciplined them in the same way as my friends next door, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable judging from afar.

A DUI is a serious offense. Would I have handled discipline differently if I were the coach. Maybe. But I don't know Matt Frattin. I don't know the circumstances of the incident beyond what's been reported in the media. I don't know what Matt has done since the summer to rehabilitate himself in the eyes of the program. I'm just a guy at a computer, and sitting in the stands at a lot of the games, so I decline to say the decision was right or wrong.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X