Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Although I kind of figured that the WJC team would be quite good considering they are generally somewhat representative of an all-star team of college hockey
    I think most strong WJC teams would handily beat strong college/MJ teams on a regular basis. They are just too talented. The college/MJ teams may have the age/strength/experience advantage, but the talent advantage for the WJC teams is just too high to overcome. The score last night was 4-2 with UND outshooting the USA, but give the USA team another couple weeks of practice together, and put them in a non-exhibition format, and I think that score would get more lopsided.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

My first game-worn jersey has arrived!

Unfortunately I can't open it until Xmas, so it's just sitting under the tree.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        My first game-worn jersey has arrived!

Unfortunately I can't open it until Xmas, so it's just sitting under the tree.
        Don't end up with like 20+ like me.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Don't end up with like 20+ like me.
          If that ever happened (and combined with my bike-buying), I'm pretty sure I'd be signing my divorce papers shortly thereafter...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

A fellow FFLer in my longtime league, who works at a local private school in the metro area posted this on our FFL board. It's a classic, IMO:

So, the Finley kid (former Fighting Sioux, current minor leaguer for the Capitals) is in our weight room working out today while his dad is in the gym coaching the kids. I knew he was coming in over our Christmas break because he is on IR and wanted a place to work out for a few weeks. His dad coaches here.
            Long story longer, I knew he was in there so I walked over there and peeked in. He saw me and asked if he was OK being in there and I said, "oh yeah man, I knew you were coming....just dont throw any furniture at me would ya?"

He smiled real big and said, no worries man.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              A fellow FFLer in my longtime league, who works at a local private school in the metro area posted this on our FFL board. It's a classic, IMO:
              Nice!
              That guy isn't going to make Finley send him an apology letter, is he?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Nice!
                Hak's already got the form letter printed and will probably drop it in the mail tomorrow after signing Joe's name.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Nice!
                  Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Hak's already got the form letter printed and will probably drop it in the mail tomorrow after signing Joe's name.
                  Check your reps.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Check your reps.
                    I think Finley better send one anyway just in case.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think Finley better send one anyway just in case.

I think it woulda been better if my buddy staged a photo of him "tossing" a piece of weightlifting equipment.

Comment

That's awesome
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just waiting for new years and the clinic the Sioux are going to put on, in Chi town for their old pal Jonathon Toews!!!!
                          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

I think it woulda been better if my buddy staged a photo of him "tossing" a piece of weightlifting equipment.
                            Get Frattin in there somewhere with a lawnmower as well.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Get Frattin in there somewhere with a lawnmower as well.
                              that just has disaster written all over it.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                                that just has disaster written all over it.
                                Much like his dismissal from the team.

How would this team look offensively if he were still in the mix? He was our 3rd leading goal scorer last season as a Soph (behind Duncan & VV) and would have been poised for a great Jr season.

It sounds like he is going to enroll again at UND for the spring semester, which is a great sign for him coming back next year. He took this semester off and went back home. If he does come back next season, would he be a Jr or Sr? I'm not sure how that works...would his "year off" count against his eligibility (so a Sr), or would it fall under that "four seasons in five years" thing (so a Jr).

Either way, his return would help soften the blow of losing VV to graduation for next year.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X