Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=60650

Big Toews on the cover of ESPN - The Magazine
    What ever you do, don't stare into his eyes. Looks like he ready to kill someone. More intimidating than Samual L Jackson or Tommie Lee Jones.
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
      What ever you do, don't stare into his eyes. Looks like he ready to kill someone. More intimidating than Samual L Jackson or Tommie Lee Jones.
      "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

... That would make a good intro video this year in lieu of Phil Collins...
      Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
        "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

the NCAA hates us enough. The last thing we need to do is mention Lord in the Engelstad.
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

the NCAA hates us enough. The last thing we need to do is mention Lord in the Engelstad.
          Lord Parise should be mentioned whenever possible and even when it's not possible. It would be awesome if UND got him to do the intro.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hockey season starts in just a few days. Awesome.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Hockey season starts in just a few days. Awesome.
              It's been a looong summer. Bring on hockey!
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                It's been a looong summer. Bring on hockey!
                I was just offered 4 tickets to Friday's game and 6 to Saturdays game in Denver in November. They were in the Denver club section. Dam softball tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                  I was just offered 4 tickets to Friday's game and 6 to Saturdays game in Denver in November. They were in the Denver club section. Dam softball tournament.
                  Arrgghh - I guess we'll have to plan for the Shot invasion next year.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Sounds like Frattin is working towards returning to UND next season:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/135366
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      I think my son's HS should be on this list:
                      Ft. Collins (CO) Lambkins
                      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
                        "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the Sioux. For he is truly his Sioux brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Sioux brothers. And you will know our name as the Sioux when we lay our vengeance upon thee."

With slight modifications good for two reasons:

1) vengeance against opponents and
                        2) vengeance against PC police who are trying to destroy the Sioux name.
                        Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 09-30-2009, 11:57 AM.
                        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          Bannana Slugs happened when they let students vote for a nickname.

CSLB Team name is 49ers not dirtbags. Dirtbags is an unofficial nickname given by fans to their baseball team. Sort of like how goons is the unofficial nickname for the Sioux hockey players but given by opponents. To appease our WCHA opponents (and nickname opponents) maybe the Sioux should just call themselves the fighting goons. (note the sarcasm)

Comment

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...B?OpenDocument

Now dogs named Oshie.

Oshie said when he was playing hockey in college at the University of North Dakota, he met a couple of fans who told him they'd named their dogs after him.

"At first I thought it was a little weird, but now I think it's flattering," he said. "I guess Oshie does sound a little better than naming your pet Smith or Johnson."

"Tell the fans thanks for the support, and I hope your pets behave well," he said.

Comment

Better keep Oshie away from elevators.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I can't help but wonder if the name change will lead to a drop in recruits. Just a thought.
                                I would be shocked if it did. Those recruits are coming to play for the hockey program at the University of North Dakota. The Sioux name is cool, but a player, especially one with designs on continuing his career professionally, would be stupid to pick a team based on a name change.
                                Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Finals time on the THN best jersey poll:

http://thehockeynews.com/pages/puck_poll.php

Sioux against Blackhawks.
                                I guess the SCSU fans don't get to live vicariously through the Habs any more
                                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X