Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Dogs and bikes included? How about the mistresses?
    No dogs.
    No bikes.
    The wife.
    The kid.
    Maybe a mistress or two.
    My sweet ars.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Congrats to the Lammy twins for making the Olympic team. Here's an article:

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=204859401
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        No dogs.
        No bikes.
        The wife.
        The kid.
        Maybe a mistress or two.
        My sweet ars.
        I should go just to see you, but the flights going back to Denver are
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          I should go just to see you, but the flights going back to Denver are
          You could also see hockey.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

INCH WCHA Midseason review:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/wcha/

BEST NEW FACE

Notching 16 points in his first 18 collegiate games really shouldn’t be that surprising of a feat for North Dakota rookie forward Danny Kristo. The USA Hockey NTDP product has had a habit of creating offense for years both in Ann Arbor and with Omaha of the USHL (57 points in 50 games last season), which is likely why the Canadiens used a second-round pick on him in 2008. Over the holidays he’s likely to be in a different version of bleu, blanc et rouge, playing for Team USA at the World Juniors in Saskatchewan.
            TOUGHEST ROAD IN

Known recently for brutal first halves and all-but-unbeatable second halves, there may be a flip-flop of fortune in the works for North Dakota this season. The Fighting Sioux are a respectable 9-6-3 at the break but a daunting second half looms. After a January weekend in suburban Chicago for the Shillelagh Tournament, NoDak has second-half trips to Minnesota, Cornell, St. Cloud State and Colorado College, along with home dates with league-leading Denver (there’s no truth to the rumor that the Pioneers’ coach will be tethered to the bench this time) and high-scoring Minnesota Duluth. That’s not a great road map for keeping the MacNaughton Cup in Grand Forks, with the Sioux currently sitting in sixth place.
            MUST-SEE SERIES

Denver coach George Gwozdecky inflamed the passions between DU and North Dakota last January, taking a stroll across the Ralph’s ice sheet en route to an ejection. The Sioux scored 10 goals that weekend, got three points and eventually got the league title. So when the 2009-10 WCHA schedule was released showing a Grand Forks visit by the Pioneers on January 29-30, don’t think those dates weren’t circled in red on the calendars of many, many NoDak fans.
            INCH’Ss FIRST HALF ALL-WCHA TEAM

D-Chay Genoway, North Dakota: The Fighting Sioux were 7-1-1 when Genoway got hurt, on Friday the 13th (of November). They’re 2-5-2 since then. Get well soon Chay.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Tonight's game is televised live on FCS and then tape-delayed tomorrow morning on the NHL Network.

I'm going with 4-1 WJC.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Tonight's game is televised live on FCS and then tape-delayed tomorrow morning on the NHL Network.

I'm going with 4-1 WJC.
                Kristo gets a hatty.
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

USA 1
                  UND 1

After 2 periods.

Kreider with a redirect PP goal from Fowler, and then Trupp with a PP goal off a great feed from Malone. Both goals in the 2nd.

Play has been pretty even. SOG are 18-17 UND, but USA had some great chances early in the 2nd period.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Now 2-1 USA on another PP goal from Kreider.
                    14min left in 3rd.

3-1 USA after a goal from Zucker. It deflected off of a Sioux dman's stick.
                    Tough luck for Dell.

10min left.
                    Last edited by brianvf; 12-19-2009, 09:02 PM.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Wow, heck of a backhand from Trupper to pull the Sioux within one goal.
                      Extra attacker goal.
                      49sec left in the game.

3-2 USA

And Kristo scores the ENG for USA to close out the scoring.
                      4-2 USA Final

Good game for the Sioux. They hung with USA for a good chunk of the game.
                      SOG were 34-25 UND.

Good luck to the USA in the WJC.
                      Last edited by brianvf; 12-19-2009, 09:22 PM.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND was just beat by a better team tonight. The USA team moves the puck quickly, and precisely. I can only imagine how good they would be if they had a couple months of practice together...

Good luck to team USA.
                        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                          UND was just beat by a better team tonight. The USA team moves the puck quickly, and precisely. I can only imagine how good they would be if they had a couple months of practice together...

Good luck to team USA.
                          it would be nice to knock Canada and Russia off
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I'm curious (and lazy) as to how well the juniors have done against college teams in the past. Anyone have any insight into this?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I'm curious (and lazy) as to how well the juniors have done against college teams in the past. Anyone have any insight into this?
                              I don't think the WJC team plays NCAA opponents too often, unlike the U18 team. They're only put together for the WJC tourney, so I doubt there is much time for them to have exhibition games. That said, UND did play the WJC team in 04 as well, lost 3-0. Not sure if they've played other NCAA teams or not though...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I don't think the WJC team plays NCAA opponents too often, unlike the U18 team. They're only put together for the WJC tourney, so I doubt there is much time for them to have exhibition games. That said, UND did play the WJC team in 04 as well, lost 3-0. Not sure if they've played other NCAA teams or not though...
                                I figured as much. I knew about the U18 team. At first that's who I thought the sioux lost to but it occurred to me that U20 != U18 when I reread the scoreboard.

Interesting though. Although I kind of figured that the WJC team would be quite good considering they are generally somewhat representative of an all-star team of college hockey
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X