Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/142911/

one thing I liked in this article is trying to create a new tradition in having the whole arena stand (for those that can) until the first whistle after the puck drop. I like that. I might have to take part in that come Mankato series when I'm up there. If it's not established yet, whatever, I won't be in front of anyone, ha ha.

What does everyone else think of the possible new tradition?
    THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
    1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
    1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
    University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
    University of Oregon Ducks Football
    San Francisco Giants
    Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post

one thing I liked in this article is trying to create a new tradition in having the whole arena stand (for those that can) until the first whistle after the puck drop. I like that. I might have to take part in that come Mankato series when I'm up there. If it's not established yet, whatever, I won't be in front of anyone, ha ha.

That's fine. I'm all in favor of trying to enhance the arena atmosphere, in a positive but enthusiastic way. UND BB fans used to do the same thing. Maybe they still do. It's been years since I've been to one of their games.

If I were the U, I would work with the cheer squad and the band. We have a great band, and working with the cheer squad, they can really be the leaders of new "traditions" or cheers.

There are a million four syllable cheers that don't involve the "F" word. A little cleverness, like the "just like last year" cheer thrown at the gophers in October is an example.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I like how in this week's BMT, Pony shows how to do all these pranks but says he won't say who's room they are in because he doesn't want them to know it was him. They probably shouldn't have filmed the room number when they walked in in that case.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

nice win tonight SIOUX!!!! I knew when the SIOUX scored their first goal they would win the game!!! I mean come on its was ZAJAK!!!! and the SIOUX always win when he scores a goal!!!
          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post

Student section used to do this all the time in the old Ralph. Atmosphere was hellabetter in that place if you ask me.
            Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
            INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Good win for the Sioux. Hopefully they can perform a repeat performance! And for those who are subscribers of Midcontinent:

Per Brad Schlossman:
              Midcontinent picks up Saturday's game:
              Saturday's game will be on Midcontinent Channel 23 in most North Dakota markets.

Midcontinent is picking up the feed from the Charter broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                Student section used to do this all the time in the old Ralph. Atmosphere was hellabetter in that place if you ask me.
                Your student section sits?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Your student section sits?
                  yes.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

From Brad's Friday night rewind:

# UND now has eight guys with at least 10 points. That's most in the WCHA. Colorado College is second with six. Nobody else has more than five.
                    # Chris VandeVelde took over the team lead in points and is now within 10 of the Century Club.
                    We knew the Sioux had offensive depth. Good to see the scoring by committee.
                    Time to start the countdown to 100 for VV.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Good win for the Sioux. Hopefully they can perform a repeat performance! And for those who are subscribers of Midcontinent:

Per Brad Schlossman:
                      Midcontinent picks up Saturday's game:
                      Christmas has come early...
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                        yes.
                        Wow, I thought maroosh was run by seat-nazis... My apologies.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ouch, Sioux can't catch a break. Now VV is injured and won't play tonight. He is listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury.

Hopefully he can go against UW next weekend.
                          That's 2/3 of our seniors and 2/3 of our captains out.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Once again another disappointing game by the Sioux. Pretty much outplayed UMD the whole weekend IMO. This Saturday game should've been a W for the UND no excuses for choking a 2 goal lead once again. Even though the puck should've been called dead on UMD's game-tying goal since it hit the netting above the glass behind the goalie.

Still not an excuse for losing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Hopefully he can go against UW next weekend.
                              That's 2/3 of our seniors and 2/3 of our captains out.
                              This will bring out the character of this team. UW always, yes, plays us tough here. Let's come out and bang 'em.
                              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

They are just giving these points away. They are just going to have to forget about it though. Next weekend is going to be 2 very tough games against a wisconsin team that can SCORE.

They did a good job without VV in the lineup but und really missed him in those last 2 minutes. When they need to close out a game i would love to see VV Malone and Zajac on the ice for the last minute. Those 3 should be able to kill like 12 minutes just by playing with the puck along the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X