Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

If Kristo plays as advertised when he came into the program, he should have no problems working his way onto first line. If Kristo continues to be inconsistent, he'll stay where he's at. That being said, he seems like he's starting to get used to the college game and seems to be coming out just a little bit better each weekend.
    Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
      Kristo's been playing well, but there's a reason why he's on the 4th line. Out of curiosity where do you think he should be playing and who's spot is he taking? He wasn't producing on the top line with Gregoire and Vandy and he was getting frustrated.He's been a lot more consistent since he got put on that line with Knight and Cichy, and that line has been very good. Keep them together.
      Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
      If Kristo plays as advertised when he came into the program, he should have no problems working his way onto first line. If Kristo continues to be inconsistent, he'll stay where he's at. That being said, he seems like he's starting to get used to the college game and seems to be coming out just a little bit better each weekend.
      Good question and good point. I wouldn't mind giving him another shot on the first line and putting Hextall on the fourth line. Hextall keeps hurting the team with penalties. But as long as Kristo keeps improving he'll earn the playing time.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
        He's been a lot more consistent since he got put on that line with Knight and Cichy, and that line has been very good. Keep them together.
        Agreed. Our 4th line has been playing well the last few games. Their overall talent level usually presents a huge mismatch against almost any other 4th line in the country.

It's still early in the season, but if that line develops into what was anticipated prior to the season, they could be very dangerous come March/April.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Kristo was named WCHA ROTW:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65274

He's now tied for the team lead in points with Trupper and VV.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Kristo was named WCHA ROTW:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65274

He's now tied for the team lead in points with Trupper and VV.
            Great. If only we can keep some of this young talent for 3-4 years! (I know, wishful thinking)
            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Kristo is on the preliminary roster for the WJC team...I would expect him to be on the final roster again this year.

So he'll miss the Notre Dame tourney over New Year's. Hopefully Genoway is back by then, otherwise our PP will suffer. It seems Genoway and Kristo are our main two producers with the man advantage.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

also, having a potent 4th line gives the Sioux something very few teams in college hockey can afford, which is 4 balanced lines. With 4 dangerous lines, the Sioux are a deep, deep team.
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Anyone hear any more new news on chay??? Or is it the same thing of out indef..
                  Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                    Anyone hear any more new news on chay??? Or is it the same thing of out indef..
                    Probably.
                    We'll more than likely get another update today after the Wed practice, but it will probably be more of the same.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Probably.
                      We'll more than likely get another update today after the Wed practice, but it will probably be more of the same.
                      Yep, more of the same.

No, there is no new news on defenseman Chay Genoway. It could be a while before he's back in the lineup.
                      Ouch.

Stupid Marvin. Keep your elbows down, buddy.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

There is no way Kristo wont be on the WJ team. He is the top american player in his age group.

If Genoway isn't back by then UND may have to go to a more "cave-manish" type power play. As in crash the net and try to get a rebound. Which could be effective they have the bodies to do it.

Kristo is one of the most dynamic forwards on the team and his scoring touch will be missed even if Genoway is back.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                          Kristo is one of the most dynamic forwards on the team and his scoring touch will be missed even if Genoway is back.
                          Agreed. Having them both out would be a big obstacle to overcome for the team.

I'm just hoping that Kristo will be in a Sioux uni for more than one season. I can't see him jumping after one...but you never know these days.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm just hoping that Kristo will be in a Sioux uni for more than one season. I can't see him jumping after one...but you never know these days.
                            He'll be here one more season at the least. I'd bet money on it. Unless he's that looking forward to playing in the AHL...

Comment

I hope he stays for at least his sophmore season. These days you never know though. He has the speed. I have only been to 1 game this year live and i was suprised at his size. On TV he seems small because he is so quick. Live he looked much bigger. Blood too. I mean you know he is a big guy but when you see him live at the rink he is a friggin monster.

Comment

Yeah. Getting guys like that to stay 2-3 years is really nice.
                                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X