Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    He kicked it in.
    Yes, I realize.

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    What about the 3 DU goals ( ), since this is the most obvious thread to post them in
    No one cares about those. Plus, I think those would go in the Ref Goals thread, wouldn't they?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Yes, I realize.
      That wasn't for you.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Here's a story on Brad Malone--a draft pick of the Colorado Avs--from this morning's Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13843054
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
          Here's a story on Brad Malone--a draft pick of the Colorado Avs--from this morning's Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13843054
          These are the kind of things that I like to read on Sunday morning. I also had a chance to meet him this past summer at a golf tourney and Malone is really nice kid.
          He also indicated he won't consider signing until after his senior season, and the Avalanche seems willing to watch him that long before trying to sign him — if it decides to do so.

"I haven't really talked to anyone," Malone said of signing. "It would have to be a really special situation. I love North Dakota way too much. This is a great group of guys. Unless something really crazy happens, I'll be here my whole four years."
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Tough to drop 4 points this weekend, but solid play by the team. We know we can play with the league elites, now to see if we can beat an elite team next week!
            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Don't feel bad, guys, UND never stood a chance against the future National Champs...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13844604

If the Pioneers win their eighth hockey national championship in school history, we will look back and know where it began: With center Joe Colborne standing in the penalty box, excitedly waving no-goal to his DU teammates across the ice on the bench, as replay officials examined the potentially tying goal in the final minute of the tense third period
              That's rich. What a triumphant moment!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Here's the disallowed goal from tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWnWH9VDgE

Courtesy of the poster Bob in Wisconsin over on ss.com.
                It looks like Malone was trying to direct the puck to his stick (he swipes with his stick right after it goes off his skate).
                You guys all missed the real reason why the goal was disallowed:

Thul intended to blow the whistle before the puck crossed the goal line.
                Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                  Don't feel bad, guys, UND never stood a chance against the future National Champs...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13844604

That's rich. What a triumphant moment!

Hilarious.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Apologies to my wcha-brethren, that's a no goal. While I agree that he was kicking towards his stick, it ended up going into the net after he kicked it. Letter of the law, no goal. Spirit of the game, probably should have been a goal.

I didn't see the rest of the officiating so I obviously can't comment on that.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Apologies to my wcha-brethren, that's a no goal. While I agree that he was kicking towards his stick, it ended up going into the net after he kicked it. Letter of the law, no goal. Spirit of the game, probably should have been a goal.
                      Isn't the letter of the law whether he intended to kick it in? Not like the moron ref would get it right anyways.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Isn't the letter of the law whether he intended to kick it in? Not like the moron ref would get it right anyways.
                        Nope... A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into
                        the goal off an attacking player’s skate. When in doubt, the goal shall be
                        disallowed.

Yeah, WCHA refs would be better if they randomly pulled four bums off the street and tossed some stripes on them.

Edit: http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uplo...2bfb15c487.pdf
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            i Spirit of the game, probably should have been a goal.
                            That would be true in soccer -- or futbol, depending on where you are from.....

Comment

LOL
                              Glad I can entertain you!
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That would be true in soccer -- or futbol, depending on where you are from.....
                                yep, I used to ref soccer. Made a killing off of it to boot. Under 15 and make a couple thousand a year? Nothing better. Helped pay for two trips to europe during high school.

Ok, there was one thing that was better. Being 15 years old, reffing U18 girls, in the rain, and the home team was in white... Glorious days were those.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X