Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Good Hammurabic (an eye for an eye) idea in theory, but might be a nightmare in practice to enforce, depending on who hits whom...

For example, let's say you have an all-league UND player who takes a cheap shot at another opposing player who is not a very regular player on his team, and might have only played a game or two in a season anyway. The irregular player might have not played the next 20 games or more before his injury, but now, by keeping the irregular player out of the lineup under the guise of injury, the opponent now controls when your all-league player sees the ice again, perhaps knocking your all league player out for the whole year. Not saying it would happen, but when you make punishments contingent on the re-apperance of opposing players, you would be opening the door to that kind of thing being possible. That's probably why other leagues have not adopted this idea....
    ....and out of the darkness that is fan forum a hero arose, with common sense and logic for all to read.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      ....and out of the darkness that is fan forum a hero arose, with common sense and logic for all to read.
      Common sense and logic is a Puck Swami strong point.
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        Common sense and logic is a Puck Swami strong point.

Thanks, Erik. I've admired your posts here for years, and I appreciate the kind words.

While we may cheer different teams, the one thing I've always admired about most of the UND fans on this board is that their intense passion for their program is usually backed up with knowledgable insights about college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          While we may cheer different teams, the one thing I've always admired about most of the UND fans on this board is that their intense passion for their program is usually backed up with knowledgable insights about college hockey.
          And then there's me.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            And then there's me.
            Don't worry, you're not alone. There's SCSF and SIM, and numerous others.

Happy Birthday, BTW.

Comment

Game day!
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

UND needs to move on from the "Debacle in DU" and start preparing for OSU/Miami. Those will be two tough games. Hopefully Genoway can make it back and hopefully our string of disallowed goals doesn't continue.

The last three games have all been one goal losses with a goal disallowed. The youngsters need to get past that and take care of business. Eidsness is playing well and giving them a shot to win.

Crazy, just crazy. I don't normally like to complain about officiating, but I've never seen such one-sided officiating before.

The Karma Train will get DU in the future. I went into my DeLorean and saw it happen.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I really like how this team battles. All four losses by one goal, ending with the opposing goalie standing on his head and the opposing team scrambling around trying to hang on.

I also agree with O'Keefe's post game comment about the relative upsides between UND and DU. DU is a veteran team, and we already know what they are capable of. UND, with Cichy, Kristo, Rowney, Knight, MacWilliam and Gleason getting better every night have the potential to be a very good team by the end of this year.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I really like how this team battles. All four losses by one goal, ending with the opposing goalie standing on his head and the opposing team scrambling around trying to hang on.

I also agree with O'Keefe's post game comment about the relative upsides between UND and DU. DU is a veteran team, and we already know what they are capable of. UND, with Cichy, Kristo, Rowney, Knight, MacWilliam and Gleason getting better every night have the potential to be a very good team by the end of this year.
                    Agreed about them being in every game so far.

Plus, that means that next year looks bright for UND as well. And DU might have the growing pains, as they lose a ton to graduation and Colborne/Wiercioch early.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Here's the disallowed goal from tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWnWH9VDgE

Courtesy of the poster Bob in Wisconsin over on ss.com.
                      It looks like Malone was trying to direct the puck to his stick (he swipes with his stick right after it goes off his skate).

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

He also posted the other two Sioux goals:

Kristo
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XIMVEBlsUM

VV
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgud6uRc_Rw

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

It looks like Malone was trying to direct the puck to his stick (he swipes with his stick right after it goes off his skate).
                          Looks like he was trying to be Chucko to me!!!! LOL.
                          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                          sigpic
                          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I wanted to see this, since my angle at the game sucked. Pretty obvious that it was kicked in. He did swipe at it with his stick, but.....

Comment

I can see the argument, but the puck was nowhere near him when he finally swung his stick. He kicked it in.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

He also posted the other two Sioux goals
                                What about the 3 DU goals ( ), since this is the most obvious thread to post them in

Comment

Working...
                                X