Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Well i hope Genoway is going to be alright. Concusions can be nasty drawn out affairs and you can't do much in the form of rehab. He is a huge loss and he is tough as nails so you know he must be hurt pretty bad.

This team has a lot of depth though and they can find ways to win even without the best player in college hockey. The wins just may not be as dynamic. They may have to grind it out for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
      Well i hope Genoway is going to be alright. Concusions can be nasty drawn out affairs and you can't do much in the form of rehab. He is a huge loss and he is tough as nails so you know he must be hurt pretty bad.
      Agree. Plus, concussions (and other head injuries) you never want to take lightly. Coming back from one too early can be extremely dangerous. Hopefully he doesn't come back before he's ready, and hopefully that's soon.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Illegal Hits:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/141247/
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Genoway suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum from friday nights cheap shot.My source says he is still woozy from it and it's hard to say when he will return.Pray for the best Sioux fans.
          F. Sucks to lose him, but obviously his health is priority #1.

Get well soon.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

From the Sioux blog:

The NHL's Central Scouting Bureau ranked the top draft-eligible USHL players today and UND recruit Derek Forbort heads the list. Forbort, a defenseman, is expected to come to UND next fall. Nick Mattson and Mike Parks also were ranked.

Here are the top 20 in the rankings:

1. Derek Forbort, D, NTDP, UND recruit
            2. Jaden Schwartz, F, Tri City, CC recruit
            3. Stephen Johns, D, NTDP, Notre Dame recruit
            4. Justin Faulk, D, NTDP, Minnesota-Duluth recruit
            5. Jarred Tinordi, D, NTDP, Notre Dame recruit
            6. Kevin Gravel, D, Sioux City, St. Cloud State recruit
            7. Jon Merrill, D, NTDP, Michigan recruit
            8. Connor Brickley, F, Des Moines, Vermont recruit
            9. Kevin Lind, D, Chicago, Notre Dame recruit
            10. Billy Arnold, F, NTDP, Boston College recruit
            11. Nick Mattson, D, NTDP, UND recruit
            12. Mike Parks, F, Cedar Rapids, UND recruit
            13. Luke Moffatt, F, NTDP, Michigan recruit
            14. Brendan Woods, F, Chicago, uncommitted
            15. Ryan Daugherty, F, Omaha, Northern Michigan recruit
            16. Bryan Rust, F, NTDP, Notre Dame recruit
            17. Yasin Cisse, F, Des Moines, BU recruit
            18. Jason Zucker, F, NTDP, Denver recruit
            19. Eamonn McDermott, D, Fargo, CC recruit
            20. Nick Sorkin, F, Waterloo, New Hampshire recruit
            UND with 3 of the top 20 including the top ranked Forbort. Not too shabby.
            Notre Dame has 4 players in the top 20 as well.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Looking forward to coming over from Bemidji in 11 days for the Subway Holiday classic for saturdays games. The Sioux vs. Miami should be a great game and am hoping for both Beaver and Sioux wins. Just cant decide which Sioux hat to wear with my Beaver jersey.... Your basic Green Sioux hat with logo or white 7 time National champions hat. Any suggestions? I am leaning towards the 7 time Champs hat as you never know when the hat will be out of date with 8.
              BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                “It still happens and it’s a mystery to me,” WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod said of the hits from behind. “We’ve beefed up that rule and our officials know to always error on the side of safety. They are doing the best they possibly can. It wasn’t the officials’ fault that Marvin hit Genoway. We’re trying to emphasize that there’s no tolerance for it, but it hasn’t stop it from happening.”
                If they really want to crack down on this, make the penalty really meaningful. If you hurt someone during an illegal hit, you should have to sit for as long as they are injured and unable to play. That might make someone really think twice about taking a cheap shot.
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                  If they really want to crack down on this, make the penalty really meaningful. If you hurt someone during an illegal hit, you should have to sit for as long as they are injured and unable to play. That might make someone really think twice about taking a cheap shot.
                  sounds good if they can get it right!!!

these terrible refs cant make the right call period. just like when it is a real checking form behind and they some times call it a boarding.. they are screwing up so many times, it just sucks to watch..

Like sat night at the SCSU/UND game even the linesmen could even drop the puck decent, I have never seen so many ejections from the face off dot in my life... that really slows the pace of the game down

another thing that make me mad about refs, when team A has just had a 5on3 advantage or 2 power plays in a row you can bet your bottom dollar that team A is getting thrown in the box next on a very weak call... and then come 5-7 min left in a close game of 2 to 1 or 4 to 3 you can bet another call will not come no matter how bad.. its so frustrating
                  Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
                    Looking forward to coming over from Bemidji in 11 days for the Subway Holiday classic for saturdays games. The Sioux vs. Miami should be a great game and am hoping for both Beaver and Sioux wins. Just cant decide which Sioux hat to wear with my Beaver jersey.... Your basic Green Sioux hat with logo or white 7 time National champions hat. Any suggestions? I am leaning towards the 7 time Champs hat as you never know when the hat will be out of date with 8.
                    Watch out... this guy's a bigger homer than I am.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

and with a couple CC players on the list, that number could increase!
                      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

From the Sioux blog:

3 in the top 12.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

At today's weekly press conference, UND coach Dave Hakstol said there was no new information on the status of Chay Genoway.

Hakstol said that he can only re-report what he did on Saturday: Genoway is out indefinitely. There is no timetable for a possible return yet. That's all that UND is going to say about the injury for now.
                          http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=64358

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

From today's GF Herald:

MINOT - It appears increasingly unlikely that UND's Fighting Sioux nickname will appear on any referendum on the Standing Rock reservation anytime in the immediate future.

North Dakota University System Chancellor Bill Goetz, who visited with Standing Rock Tribal Chairman Charles W. Murphy, talked about that visit with the State Board of Higher Education this morning.

He said the chairman reiterated that the issue is not high on his agenda and that it is a "very, very divisive" issue both on the Tribal Council and on the reservation at large. The chairman, Goetz said, is concerned about this and about the impact on American Indian students at UND and throughout the university system.

Goetz said the chairman noted that he was not at liberty to push for a tribal referendum because that's a matter for the Tribal Council and, to date, the council has not discussed the issue. A moratorium on such referendums, passed by a previous council, remains in force, Goetz said.

This reflects the tone of an earlier letter from Murphy to the chancellor in which he indicated the nickname was not a priority for his administration.

Under the settlement between the state and the NCAA, which considers American Indian nicknames offensive, UND has

until Nov. 30, 2010, to win the support of the state's two Sioux tribes. The Spirit Lake Dakotah Nation has approved the nickname following an overwhelming referendum.

The state board favors moving the deadline ahead so that UND can apply to the Summit League athletic conference, which has said it would not consider any application until the nickname issue is resolved.

In the meantime, a lawsuit by nickname supporters there are attempting to prevent the state board from moving the deadline. The attorney general will brief the board in a closed session this afternoon on the lawsuit.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

No Genoway at DU.
                              But reading Brad's update, it sounds like the decision was just made after the Wed practice session. If Genoway is already practicing, that is a very good sign, and hopefully he will be back for next weekend's big games against Miami and OSU.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                                Good Hammurabic (an eye for an eye) idea in theory, but might be a nightmare in practice to enforce, depending on who hits whom...

For example, let's say you have an all-league UND player who takes a cheap shot at another opposing player who is not a very regular player on his team, and might have only played a game or two in a season anyway. The irregular player might have not played the next 20 games or more before his injury, but now, by keeping the irregular player out of the lineup under the guise of injury, the opponent now controls when your all-league player sees the ice again, perhaps knocking your all league player out for the whole year. Not saying it would happen, but when you make punishments contingent on the re-apperance of opposing players, you would be opening the door to that kind of thing being possible. That's probably why other leagues have not adopted this idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X