Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    UND is now welcoming Aaron Ness to the Sioux?

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/698...L7PQLanchO7DiU

Looks like they have quite the mess in Minnesota hockey in general at the moment
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

We'll know a lot about how good this Sioux team by the time we play the exhibition against the US WJC team on Dec 19.

SCSU
      DU
      OSU
      Miami
      UMD
      UW

That's a tough stretch. Then right after that there is the potential to play Notre Dame in the New Year's tourney, and then a series at Cornell a few weeks later.

This Sioux team certainly can't be accused of taking a cupcake route to the NCAA's if they make it. You could call it the anti-UW approach.
      I think Brad Schlossman is getting his story ideas from my posts:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/140764/

Hi Brad!
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think Brad Schlossman is getting his story ideas from my posts:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/140764/

Hi Brad!
        I thought you lived in Wisconsin, what are you doing writing for the GFH?
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Every week those wins against Merrimack look better and better for UND and the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            Every week those wins against Merrimack look better and better for UND and the WCHA.
            Darn right.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Good win tonight, but let's hope Genoway's injury is not serious.

Did anyone see what happened? They didn't have a replay of it on the FSSN broadcast, but Sweeney got a report from someone that Hepp cross-checked him to the head...
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
                Good win tonight, but let's hope Genoway's injury is not serious.

Did anyone see what happened? They didn't have a replay of it on the FSSN broadcast, but Sweeney got a report from someone that Hepp cross-checked him to the head...
                The refs screwed it up and initially called it on Hepp, but then realized it was Marvin over the 2nd intermission.
                No one (not even the refs) knew what was going on, it seemed.

I'm just hoping that Genoway isn't out long-term. He's such a sparkplug for this team, and we need his offensive production from the blueline.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The refs screwed it up and initially called it on Hepp, but then realized it was Marvin over the 2nd intermission.
                  No one (not even the refs) knew what was going on, it seemed.

I'm just hoping that Genoway isn't out long-term. He's such a sparkplug for this team, and we need his offensive production from the blueline.
                  Leading scorer heading into tonight's game AND wearing the "C." I don't think we can afford to lose him for any length of time.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    I just looked at the scoreboard and thought the same thing.

Comment

Merimack looks stronger while the rest of the hockey east looks weaker

Comment

Originally posted by massattack49 View Post
                        Merimack looks stronger while the rest of the hockey east looks weaker
                        WOW Merrimack, WOW. Is HE really that bad?!
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

When UND played the gophers Ness was interviewed between periods and the look on his face was priceless. It was like he knew that he made a mistake commiting to the Gophers and wished he would have came to UND.

If he were to transfer he would have a hard time cracking the lineup. Next year UND is bringing in a couple of blue chip D-men. He would have to sit out 1 year but the rest of our current D-men are young and would still be around.(except for Genoway).

Comment

Genoway suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum from friday nights cheap shot.My source says he is still woozy from it and it's hard to say when he will return.Pray for the best Sioux fans.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Genoway suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum from friday nights cheap shot.My source says he is still woozy from it and it's hard to say when he will return.Pray for the best Sioux fans.
                              Hopefully this injury doesn't turn into a situation like last year with Finley where he was out for half the season with his concussion.

Darn you Marvin.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

So I have a question for you Sioux fans, and this is strictly hypothetical of course... Say you're rooting for a team that starts off 4-5-1 in conference play. Again, strictly hypothetical. How do you keep your fellow fans from jumping off the cliff? I seem to recall a certain WCHA team do that last year and it ended up pretty well if I remember correctly.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X