PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

SiouxFanatic
12-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Good win for the Sioux. Hopefully they can perform a repeat performance! And for those who are subscribers of Midcontinent:

Per Brad Schlossman:
Midcontinent picks up Saturday's game (http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65566):

Saturday's game will be on Midcontinent Channel 23 in most North Dakota markets.

Midcontinent is picking up the feed from the Charter broadcast.

dxmnkd316
12-05-2009, 02:36 AM
Student section used to do this all the time in the old Ralph. Atmosphere was hellabetter in that place if you ask me.

Your student section sits?

Sloe Gin
12-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Your student section sits?

yes.

brianvf
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
From Brad's Friday night rewind:

# UND now has eight guys with at least 10 points. That's most in the WCHA. Colorado College is second with six. Nobody else has more than five.
# Chris VandeVelde took over the team lead in points and is now within 10 of the Century Club.

We knew the Sioux had offensive depth. Good to see the scoring by committee.
Time to start the countdown to 100 for VV.

Goon
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Good win for the Sioux. Hopefully they can perform a repeat performance! And for those who are subscribers of Midcontinent:

Per Brad Schlossman:
Midcontinent picks up Saturday's game (http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65566):

Christmas has come early...

dxmnkd316
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
yes.

Wow, I thought maroosh was run by seat-nazis... My apologies.

brianvf
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Ouch, Sioux can't catch a break. Now VV is injured and won't play tonight. He is listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury.

Hopefully he can go against UW next weekend.
That's 2/3 of our seniors and 2/3 of our captains out.

SiouxFanatic
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Once again another disappointing game by the Sioux. Pretty much outplayed UMD the whole weekend IMO. This Saturday game should've been a W for the UND no excuses for choking a 2 goal lead once again. Even though the puck should've been called dead on UMD's game-tying goal since it hit the netting above the glass behind the goalie.

Still not an excuse for losing this game. :mad:

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Hopefully he can go against UW next weekend.
That's 2/3 of our seniors and 2/3 of our captains out.

This will bring out the character of this team. UW always, yes, plays us tough here. Let's come out and bang 'em.:)

lord k
12-05-2009, 10:44 PM
They are just giving these points away. They are just going to have to forget about it though. Next weekend is going to be 2 very tough games against a wisconsin team that can SCORE.

They did a good job without VV in the lineup but und really missed him in those last 2 minutes. When they need to close out a game i would love to see VV Malone and Zajac on the ice for the last minute. Those 3 should be able to kill like 12 minutes just by playing with the puck along the wall.

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 10:46 PM
They are just giving these points away. They are just going to have to forget about it though. Next weekend is going to be 2 very tough games against a wisconsin team that can SCORE.

They did a good job without VV in the lineup but und really missed him in those last 2 minutes. When they need to close out a game i would love to see VV Malone and Zajac on the ice for the last minute. Those 3 should be able to kill like 12 minutes just by playing with the puck along the wall.

They have to put that behind them. Right now. UW looks good, but they are in our house. Hak will have them ready, no matter who's in the lineup.

Siouxfaninseattle
12-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Once again another disappointing game by the Sioux. Pretty much outplayed UMD the whole weekend IMO. This Saturday game should've been a W for the UND no excuses for choking a 2 goal lead once again. Even though the puck should've been called dead on UMD's game-tying goal since it hit the netting above the glass behind the goalie.

Still not an excuse for losing this game. :mad:

This will bring out the character of this team. UW always, yes, plays us tough here. Let's come out and bang 'em.:)

We'll hope they don't have a 2 goal lead going into the third period. :(

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 10:49 PM

Cue the negatrometer.:)

Siouxfaninseattle
12-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Cue the negatrometer.:)

Well, that's pretty much how I feel right now. They have a tie and a loss in the last two games when leading by 2 goals going into the 3rd. This team needs to learn how to finish those games. Of course it wouldn't hurt to have Genoway and VV in the lineup.

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, that's pretty much how I feel right now. They have a tie and a loss in the last two games when leading by 2 goals going into the 3rd. This team needs to learn how to finish those games. Of course it wouldn't hurt to have Genoway and VV in the lineup.

I concur. They are the youngest team in the league, though.

Take it easy...:)

jdr1
12-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Shake it off boys!!!!!! sounded like they played hard all weekend long .... thats the WCHA for you there is nothing for sure until the final horn blows.... this will help come march and april with losses like these.. giving up late leads.. time to buckle down and return home for another tough test with wisc. next weekend !!!!!!

LET GO SIOUX time to turn it on!!!!! start your second half run come friday night

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Shake it off boys!!!!!! sounded like they played hard all weekend long .... thats the WCHA for you there is nothing for sure until the final horn blows.... this will help come march and april with losses like these.. giving up late leads.. time to buckle down and return home for another tough test with wisc. next weekend !!!!!!

LET GO SIOUX time to turn it on!!!!! start your second half run come friday night

Yes, that's the positivity we need. Let's snap outta this sheet... and win.

Siouxfaninseattle
12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I concur. They are the youngest team in the league, though.

Take it easy...:)

*takes deep breath*

It isn't so bad splitting on the road. Hopefully the young guys are figuring out that it takes 60 minutes to win the game.

lord k
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Right a 5 goal lead would be better!

Mike Rane
12-05-2009, 11:20 PM
*takes deep breath*

It isn't so bad splitting on the road. Hopefully the young guys are figuring out that it takes 60 minutes to win the game.

Exactly. Not 58.5 minutes. It's a learning process. We'll find out what kind of team we got next weekend with UW.