Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    Lets not forget that Toews to go along with Trupp are showing signs of being game breakers.
    Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    Toews, Lamoreux, Trupp...these are guys that are having a nice impact this year.
    Its happening all over the ice with a number of players. I'm not at all sure we are really the national #2 team right now, but I really like what I've seen so far early in the season.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
      Its happening all over the ice with a number of players. I'm not at all sure we are really the national #2 team right now, but I really like what I've seen so far early in the season.
      I agree with you regarding the #2 ranking...the problem is, outside of Miami, I don't really know who else could be worthy of being near the top. I think outside of Miami, the Sioux, Denver, and bear with me here...Bemidji, I don't really see any teams worthy of being near the top.
      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I agree with you regarding the #2 ranking...the problem is, outside of Miami, I don't really know who else could be worthy of being near the top. I think outside of Miami, the Sioux, Denver, and bear with me here...Bemidji, I don't really see any teams worthy of being near the top.
        I also agree that the #2 ranking is a bit high. The fast start is great, especially when you look at the last several years, but sweeps of Merrimack and MTU don't make your program world beaters. Let's see how we do against Denver and then Ohio State and Miami. Win two of those games and I'll buy into the ranking. Win all four....
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Let's just take care of business against St. Cloud State.

Comment

If the Sioux can beat SCSU, DU, OSU, and Miami, we may have the Virg Foss award locked up.

That's a jinx for postseason success if ever there was one...
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              If the Sioux can beat SCSU, DU, OSU, and Miami, we may have the Virg Foss award locked up.

That's a jinx for postseason success if ever there was one...
              Let CC win the Virg Foss

Comment

According to Brad's blog, Hextall's status for this weekend against SCSU is still up in the air.

Let CC win the Virg Foss
                They're a good candidate, for sure.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../id/D9BTL1B01/

Hate it when the press resorts to unethical tactics like this misleading headline:

Arena official denies role in UND nickname lawsuit
                  By DALE WETZEL Associated Press Writer , The Associated Press - BISMARCK, N.D.
                  When you read through the article the only actual news is:

Jody Hodgson, the arena's general manager, said Tuesday that the facility is not financing the lawsuit. Grand Forks attorney Patrick Morley, who represents the Spirit Lake tribal members in the lawsuit, agreed.
                  Why couldn't the headline and the entire news article simply state:
                  "The Ralph isn't funding Spirit Lake tribal member's lawsuit"?
                  "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Nice Bobbie Bina article:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...fenseman-down/
                    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      I also agree that the #2 ranking is a bit high. The fast start is great, especially when you look at the last several years, but sweeps of Merrimack and MTU don't make your program world beaters. Let's see how we do against Denver and then Ohio State and Miami. Win two of those games and I'll buy into the ranking. Win all four....
                      problem is...there's really no one else in the league that can claim the #2 ranking. You take a look at the other top programs, like DU, Michigan, or even Bemidji, and none of them have done anything to warrant a #2 ranking either. Theresa was voting on Sunday for the rankings and aside from Miami being 1 and North Dakota being 2, everything else was challenging to figure out. For the record, she dropped BU out of the top 20.
                      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

problem is...there's really no one else in the league that can claim the #2 ranking. You take a look at the other top programs, like DU, Michigan, or even Bemidji, and none of them have done anything to warrant a #2 ranking either. Theresa was voting on Sunday for the rankings and aside from Miami being 1 and North Dakota being 2, everything else was challenging to figure out. For the record, she dropped BU out of the top 20.
                        I entirely agree. It is still quite early in the season and things haven't shaken out.

Comment

We'll know a lot about how good this Sioux team by the time we play the exhibition against the US WJC team on Dec 19.

SCSU
                          DU
                          OSU
                          Miami
                          UMD
                          UW

That's a tough stretch. Then right after that there is the potential to play Notre Dame in the New Year's tourney, and then a series at Cornell a few weeks later.

This Sioux team certainly can't be accused of taking a cupcake route to the NCAA's if they make it. You could call it the anti-UW approach.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

We'll know a lot about how good this Sioux team by the time we play the exhibition against the US WJC team on Dec 19.

SCSU
                            DU
                            OSU
                            Miami
                            UMD
                            UW

That's a tough stretch. Then right after that there is the potential to play Notre Dame in the New Year's tourney, and then a series at Cornell a few weeks later.

This Sioux team certainly can't be accused of taking a cupcake route to the NCAA's if they make it. You could call it the anti-UW approach.
                            Anti-UW

I would say that after that stretch is done things will have shaken out.

Comment

UND is now welcoming Aaron Ness to the Sioux?

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/698...L7PQLanchO7DiU

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND is now welcoming Aaron Ness to the Sioux?

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/698...L7PQLanchO7DiU

Maybe he was seeing one of the Lammy girls...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X