Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    That was against Eidsness though. The fans threw him into the Red right after the plane returned from Alaska. He should be in Winnipeg by now.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I think we have Friday night in the bag, but bye can be pretty tough on Halloween and the Sioux have shown a tendency to let up on the second night so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        I think we have Friday night in the bag, but bye can be pretty tough on Halloween and the Sioux have shown a tendency to let up on the second night so far this year.
        I would be happy with a split against bye.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I caught most of the 2nd game live online, and thought Christianson was certainly the reason for the Seawolves winning. UND had some good chances, but didn't really seem to pick up the momentum until their last flurry of PPs, which resulted in Zajac's goal. Another thing, what's the deal with the last Brad Miller time episode? I thought it was pretty funny, but I have the feeling a couple of people were probably in an outrage about hazing or something, probably the same people who have been giving the University s**t about the nickname!
          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I would be happy with a split against bye.
            So Eidsness in goal on Saturday then if a split was to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
              I caught most of the 2nd game live online, and thought Christianson was certainly the reason for the Seawolves winning. UND had some good chances, but didn't really seem to pick up the momentum until their last flurry of PPs, which resulted in Zajac's goal. Another thing, what's the deal with the last Brad Miller time episode? I thought it was pretty funny, but I have the feeling a couple of people were probably in an outrage about hazing or something, probably the same people who have been giving the University s**t about the nickname!
              Both goalies from AA were what kept their team in it, even though Friday they were out of it at the end of the 1st. Both played well. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they do at the Gophers this weekend.
              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
              University of Oregon Ducks Football
              San Francisco Giants
              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                Both goalies from AA were what kept their team in it, even though Friday they were out of it at the end of the 1st. Both played well. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they do at the Gophers this weekend.
                the Seawolves will sweep.
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  So Eidsness in goal on Saturday then if a split was to happen?
                  I think the series against Bye this weekend is a Sat/Sun series, but USCHO hasn't updated their schedule yet, so I'm not positive.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    the Seawolves will sweep.
                    Imagine if that happens. Holy Cow!
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      That would pretty much do it right there.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        That would pretty much do it right there.
                        what? Cause you all to stab yourselves?
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          it'll start raining gophers if that happens, and I'll be laughing my butt off. and count the responses to the Fire Don Lucia topic and see how quick people are to jump on the topic.
                          THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                          1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                          1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                          University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                          University of Oregon Ducks Football
                          San Francisco Giants
                          Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Wed update from the Sioux blog:

For the first time this season, injuries were brought up during the weekly Wednesday meeting with local media (although with the week off, the crowd was sparse).

Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said that a few players will benefit greatly from the week off. He said there are three guys who probably wouldn't play this weekend if UND had games, without expanding who the players are. Nobody has missed a game with an injury yet.

Brett Hextall said that the team suffered from a lack of maturity on Saturday night. Hextall said it had nothing to do with how young the team is and everything to do with the way they played. He thought it was some immature hockey and he hopes the Sioux can get that out of their system during the week off.

Hextall also showed up to the press conference wearing salmon pants. He apparently has a whole series of strangely colored pants (yellow included). When asked whether he gets weird looks on campus, he said, "That depends on if I wear my boots."

Mario Lamoureux said Hextall wears a lot of "questionable" clothing around campus. Said that he can pull it off because he's from California, though.

Players debated a little bit about which road trip they dislike more: the long flight to Anchorage or the long bus ride to Houghton (which is coming up next). Lamoureux said he prefers the bus ride, because they at least get back early Sunday morning.

The freshmen are usually in charge of picking out movies for the bus ride, but Lamoureux said that this group of "freshies" have weird tastes and he doesn't know whether they can be trusted yet. He also said that Hextall and Chay Genoway are a big fan of the romantic comedies.

A part of the Houghton bus ride Lamoureux is looking forward to: As a sophomore he'll get his own seat. He said he spent 10 hours next to Brad Eidsness last year. "He actually didn't talk my ear off, but I'll still enjoy my own seat."

Speaking of Lamoureux, UND SID Jayson Hajdu had the quote of the week regarding the sophomore forward. Hakstol repeated it at the press conference: "He practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet."

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Speaking of Lamoureux, UND SID Jayson Hajdu had the quote of the week regarding the sophomore forward. Hakstol repeated it at the press conference: "He practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet."
                              You've gotta like that!

Comment

Are we sure this isn't the script for the next BMT?
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X