Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    This is a good lesson for a young team. I think I posted this during the Merrimack series. Young teams frequently come out like gangbusters on Friday. Then, when they post a nice win, Saturday's effort is more relaxed. After awhile you learn that no matter how well you play Friday, you have to play twice as hard Saturday to come away with a victory.
    Exactly. With so many underclassmen, it has shown on our Saturday performances. Part of it is just that they're young, and need to learn. The other part of the equation is our seniors and leaders showing them what they need to do on Saturday's to win. I have a lot of confidence in our upperclassmen to do that, and I think as the year goes on, we'll see better performances Saturday out of the team.

I like the fact that we have the bye weekend after the Alaska series. It allows time to recoup. I anticipate better results at Tech, and then hopefully they can do some damage against SCSU and Denver.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
      Hopefully it'll help and they'll have a test coming up with SCSU, DU and then the holiday classic with Ohio State and Miami. Not going to be an easy set. If they put their minds to it, they can do it.
      Those are a very tough 6 games after they play MTU.
      If they win four of those games, I would be ecstatic.

First things first though, they have to play well against MTU. No Saturday night letdowns again. Come out flying both nights and take it to them.
      The killer for MTU might be the combination of our potent PP (what?) and their horrible PK. CC seemed to score at will on the PP, so hopefully the Sioux can take advantage.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
        Gotta figure out a way to come out more fired up on Saturday nights.
        Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        This is a good lesson for a young team. I think I posted this during the Merrimack series. Young teams frequently come out like gangbusters on Friday. Then, when they post a nice win, Saturday's effort is more relaxed. After awhile you learn that no matter how well you play Friday, you have to play twice as hard Saturday to come away with a victory.
        Exactly the concern I posted about on Saturday afternoon. Coming out strong after a big win is absolutely essential, because if the other team has any pride they are going to be looking to make their own statement.
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Those are a very tough 6 games after they play MTU.
          If they win four of those games, I would be ecstatic.

First things first though, they have to play well against MTU. No Saturday night letdowns again. Come out flying both nights and take it to them.
          The killer for MTU might be the combination of our potent PP (what?) and their horrible PK. CC seemed to score at will on the PP, so hopefully the Sioux can take advantage.
          I'm sure that's one of the first things that was mentioned after the game, and even during the game. They've got a weekend off to regroup and get their heads straight before a big stretch.
          THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
          1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
          1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
          University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
          University of Oregon Ducks Football
          San Francisco Giants
          Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            I said it last year...Eidsness needs to make the saves he's supposed to make and sometimes make the saves he shouldn't make. That first goal was just poor positioning by the goaltender.
            I was going to challenge you on this because in the replay I saw during the game, it appeared that Eidsness did everything a goalie's supposed to do to stop a wraparound. The puck took a crazy bounce that appeared to surprise him. Brad Schlossman's blog explains why this occurred:

First off, in looking at the tape of UND's Saturday night loss to Alaska-Anchorage, the first goal scored by Kevin Clark actually went off of Ben Blood's stick, up in the air, and behind the goal line. Originally, I thought that the puck went off of Brad Eidsness' stick, but he was in position to make that save.
            Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Yep, he's taken a lot of crap about that goal, when really he did all that he could.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                Yep, he's taken a lot of crap about that goal, when really he did all that he could.
                Yeah, I initially thought that it was a weak goal until I read Brad's replay line on it.

That said, we need to give him a bit more goal support regardless. One goal scored isn't going to win you many hockey games.

Hope for more offense against MTU. Special teams fun!
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm stopping by this thread to post some news about SiouxFanInSeattle who underwent prostate surgery yesterday. SiouxFanInSeattle underwent prostate surgery yesterday and I received a note from his daughter saying that the surgery went well, SFIS is doing well and that she'd send more news later in the week. I'll try to remember to post what I receive.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    I'm stopping by this thread to post some news about SiouxFanInSeattle who underwent prostate surgery yesterday. SiouxFanInSeattle underwent prostate surgery yesterday and I received a note from his daughter saying that the surgery went well, SFIS is doing well and that she'd send more news later in the week. I'll try to remember to post what I receive.
                    I hope he has a speedy recovery.
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Yeah, I initially thought that it was a weak goal until I read Brad's replay line on it.

That said, we need to give him a bit more goal support regardless. One goal scored isn't going to win you many hockey games.

Hope for more offense against MTU. Special teams fun!
                      Yeah it's going to take more than 2 goals to win most games.
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        Yeah it's going to take more than 2 goals to win most games.
                        unless we play the gophers every week.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            That's pretty good, but wasn't it your squad that gave up 3 in one game to the team that can't score? Hmmmmmmmmm........................?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              That's pretty good, but wasn't it your squad that gave up 3 in one game to the team that can't score? Hmmmmmmmmm........................?
                              That was against Eidsness though. The fans threw him into the Red right after the plane returned from Alaska. He should be in Winnipeg by now.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

That was against Eidsness though. The fans threw him into the Red right after the plane returned from Alaska. He should be in Winnipeg by now.
                                ROTFLMAO
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X