PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

ecbrevik
11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
If the Sioux can beat SCSU, DU, OSU, and Miami, we may have the Virg Foss award locked up.

That's a jinx for postseason success if ever there was one... ;)

Let CC win the Virg Foss :D

brianvf
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
According to Brad's blog, Hextall's status for this weekend against SCSU is still up in the air.

Let CC win the Virg Foss :D

They're a good candidate, for sure.

SoCalSiouxFan
11-12-2009, 03:06 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/apArticle/id/D9BTL1B01/

Hate it when the press resorts to unethical tactics like this misleading headline:

Arena official denies role in UND nickname lawsuit
By DALE WETZEL Associated Press Writer , The Associated Press - BISMARCK, N.D.

When you read through the article the only actual news is:

Jody Hodgson, the arena's general manager, said Tuesday that the facility is not financing the lawsuit. Grand Forks attorney Patrick Morley, who represents the Spirit Lake tribal members in the lawsuit, agreed.

Why couldn't the headline and the entire news article simply state:
"The Ralph isn't funding Spirit Lake tribal member's lawsuit"?

SoCalSiouxFan
11-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Nice Bobbie Bina article:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/12/nothing-can-keep-defenseman-down/

Sloe Gin
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I also agree that the #2 ranking is a bit high. The fast start is great, especially when you look at the last several years, but sweeps of Merrimack and MTU don't make your program world beaters. Let's see how we do against Denver and then Ohio State and Miami. Win two of those games and I'll buy into the ranking. Win all four....

problem is...there's really no one else in the league that can claim the #2 ranking. You take a look at the other top programs, like DU, Michigan, or even Bemidji, and none of them have done anything to warrant a #2 ranking either. Theresa was voting on Sunday for the rankings and aside from Miami being 1 and North Dakota being 2, everything else was challenging to figure out. For the record, she dropped BU out of the top 20. :)

ecbrevik
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
problem is...there's really no one else in the league that can claim the #2 ranking. You take a look at the other top programs, like DU, Michigan, or even Bemidji, and none of them have done anything to warrant a #2 ranking either. Theresa was voting on Sunday for the rankings and aside from Miami being 1 and North Dakota being 2, everything else was challenging to figure out. For the record, she dropped BU out of the top 20. :)
I entirely agree. It is still quite early in the season and things haven't shaken out.

brianvf
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
We'll know a lot about how good this Sioux team by the time we play the exhibition against the US WJC team on Dec 19.

SCSU
DU
OSU
Miami
UMD
UW

That's a tough stretch. Then right after that there is the potential to play Notre Dame in the New Year's tourney, and then a series at Cornell a few weeks later.

This Sioux team certainly can't be accused of taking a cupcake route to the NCAA's if they make it. You could call it the anti-UW approach. ;) :D

ecbrevik
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
We'll know a lot about how good this Sioux team by the time we play the exhibition against the US WJC team on Dec 19.

SCSU
DU
OSU
Miami
UMD
UW

That's a tough stretch. Then right after that there is the potential to play Notre Dame in the New Year's tourney, and then a series at Cornell a few weeks later.

This Sioux team certainly can't be accused of taking a cupcake route to the NCAA's if they make it. You could call it the anti-UW approach. ;) :D
Anti-UW :D:D:D:D

I would say that after that stretch is done things will have shaken out. ;)

brianvf
11-12-2009, 11:54 PM
UND is now welcoming Aaron Ness to the Sioux?

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/69815157.html?elr=KArks47cQiU47cQiU47cQULPQL7PQLan chO7DiU

:)

MinnesotaNorthStar
11-13-2009, 01:12 AM

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/69815157.html?elr=KArks47cQiU47cQiU47cQULPQL7PQLan chO7DiU

Maybe he was seeing one of the Lammy girls...

ecbrevik
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Looks like they have quite the mess in Minnesota hockey in general at the moment :eek:

brianvf
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

SCSU
DU
OSU
Miami
UMD
UW

I think Brad Schlossman is getting his story ideas from my posts:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/140764/

Hi Brad! ;)

ecbrevik
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I think Brad Schlossman is getting his story ideas from my posts:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/140764/

Hi Brad! ;)
I thought you lived in Wisconsin, what are you doing writing for the GFH? :p :D

bucky15
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Every week those wins against Merrimack look better and better for UND and the WCHA.

brianvf
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Every week those wins against Merrimack look better and better for UND and the WCHA.

Darn right.

SIOUX4EVER
11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Good win tonight, but let's hope Genoway's injury is not serious.

Did anyone see what happened? They didn't have a replay of it on the FSSN broadcast, but Sweeney got a report from someone that Hepp cross-checked him to the head...

brianvf
11-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Good win tonight, but let's hope Genoway's injury is not serious.

Did anyone see what happened? They didn't have a replay of it on the FSSN broadcast, but Sweeney got a report from someone that Hepp cross-checked him to the head...

The refs screwed it up and initially called it on Hepp, but then realized it was Marvin over the 2nd intermission.
No one (not even the refs) knew what was going on, it seemed.

I'm just hoping that Genoway isn't out long-term. He's such a sparkplug for this team, and we need his offensive production from the blueline.

SIOUX4EVER
11-13-2009, 11:37 PM
The refs screwed it up and initially called it on Hepp, but then realized it was Marvin over the 2nd intermission.
No one (not even the refs) knew what was going on, it seemed.

I'm just hoping that Genoway isn't out long-term. He's such a sparkplug for this team, and we need his offensive production from the blueline.

Leading scorer heading into tonight's game AND wearing the "C." I don't think we can afford to lose him for any length of time.

omahasioux1
11-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Every week those wins against Merrimack look better and better for UND and the WCHA.I just looked at the scoreboard and thought the same thing.:D

massattack49
11-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Merimack looks stronger while the rest of the hockey east looks weaker