Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

I could see Genoway making a legitimate push for the Hobey if he keeps his current play up.

This won't hurt him either:

In player news, Chay Genoway was named one of 20 finalists for the Lowe's Senior Class Award today. The award considers excellence in the classroom, character, community and competition.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Another 5 goals tonight. 20 for the year, most in D1 hockey.

Still no powerplay goals allowed. (edited)

3 WCHA games and only 3 goals allowed. Great D.

GO SIOUX !
      Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 10-24-2009, 01:06 AM.
      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
        Another 5 goals tonight. 20 for the year, nost in D1 hockey.

Still no shorthanded goals allowed.

GO SIOUX !
        Works for me.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

GO SIOUX !
          They allowed a shorty to Hoeffel on Saturday.
          Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
          INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
            They allowed a shorty to Hoeffel on Saturday.
            I think he means PP goals. The Sioux haven't allowed a PP goal all season yet, and UND's PP is clipping along pretty well. It helps that Marto and Genoway are getting good shots on net from the point.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              I think he means PP goals. The Sioux haven't allowed a PP goal all season yet, and UND's PP is clipping along pretty well. It helps that Marto and Genoway are getting good shots on net from the point.
              Oh, gotcha...

I agree on the pp, it's looked good. I commented on that point in a different thread when the pp was questioned.
              Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
              INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Yeah. No PP goals against the Sioux. 50% on PP tonight. Thought special teams was going to have a great series against UAA with 3 key UAA players out.

So far Sioux have had their way with them on PP and killing penalties. One week is not enough time for the UAA substitutes to gain enough experience to cope with the Sioux.

Sounds like Lamoureux should be the star of the game.

Genoway was awsome also. And nice shutout for Dell but hey he didn't have that many shots to stop. Just kidding. Good to see the shutout.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I really like that 5 games in 17 guys have scored, 14 with more than 1 point. Makes it tough to focus on only one line.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Couple articles in the Herald:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...36/group/home/
                    http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/138437/

That's crazy about the defense scoring from last year...

The UND defensemen, who didn’t score a goal until Nov. 22 last season, already have put the puck in the net eight times (the Sioux defensemen didn't get their eighth goal until Jan. 16 last season).

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Yeah because we gave up one Short Handed goal to the Goofs last weekend.
                      Our Insignificant players did well last night they had like five points.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

1st loss of the season, 1st PP goal allowed of the season.

UAA outplayed the Sioux for the entire 2nd period and most of the 3rd. Great game from them, two completely different teams from last night.

Eidsness didn't have as solid of a game as Dell did the night before. The 1st goal was a softie and the 2nd was save-able as well IMO.

Now we have an off week to prepare to play at MTU in 2 weeks time.

Go Sioux!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

1st loss of the season, 1st PP goal allowed of the season.

UAA outplayed the Sioux for the entire 2nd period and most of the 3rd. Great game from them, two completely different teams from last night.

Eidsness didn't have as solid of a game as Dell did the night before. The 1st goal was a softie and the 2nd was save-able as well IMO.

Now we have an off week to prepare to play at MTU in 2 weeks time.

Go Sioux!
                          Eidsness hasn't played as solid of a game in 4 of the 5 games(?) he's played in so far. =/

Comment

Eidsness is in what appears to be a fairly deep sophomore slump, at the rate things are going I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dell in net quite a bit this season.
                            Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

I've never been THAT impressed with Eidsness...I hope we see more of Dell in the future here.

Gotta figure out a way to come out more fired up on Saturday nights.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
                                Eidsness is in what appears to be a fairly deep sophomore slump.

We're a big 6 games into the season in which he has 1 loss.
                                I wouldn't go as far as to call it a soph slump just yet.

He's got a 1.77 GAA and a .906 save %. Sure, he could get that save % up a bit, but he also needs some goal support better than what he got last night.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X