Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    my buddy texted me the next day saying that you all were awesome and he wants to hang with us again. I say we take him on the next Invasion.
    It's great that fans of opposing teams in this great rivalry can be friends, but is 'bro-mance" really appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
      It's great that fans of opposing teams in this great rivalry can be friends, but is 'bro-mance" really appropriate?
      Well someone has to hold Brent's purse while he's shopping for new dresses and Geist is just the man to do it.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Well someone has to hold Brent's purse while he's shopping for new dresses and Geist is just the man to do it.
        Indeed. Someone must haul around that antiquated thingy that has all of the papers in it. Evidently, you write down how much money you are spending and to whom on those.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
          I would say the powerplay isn't anything spectacular. The percetage is high after a weekend with Merrimack and after Genoway gets 2 goals on the PP vs. Minnesota. You are only go to score on so many shots from the point. i wouldn't bank on that happening every game. Down low and on the wings, where most of your PP goals come from, I didn't think the Sioux generated anything. Kristo is goingto be one the best forwads on the team, and he is smart, I think he would be better served elsewhere. Plus to put a forward freshman at the point makes me a little nervous.
          I disagree, I though the PP looked pretty good (relative to this point in the season, and compared to past year's starts). They ran two different PP's that I saw, one where they cycled it at the top and flung it on net, one where they cycled it on the blue line working it behind to get the shot Duncan always used to take, and they did get chances from that spot. I have no problem with the freshman at the point. None of them are straight out of high school, so their learning curve is a bit shorter, and they are talented.
          Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
          INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/

there's a poll for early season lock on F4...UND 2nd to BU. Failed to put Michigan on there and put Vermont on there. BU, UND, Vermont, DU and Miami on there.

Thought it was a bit interesting.
            THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
            1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
            1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
            University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
            University of Oregon Ducks Football
            San Francisco Giants
            Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post

there's a poll for early season lock on F4...UND 2nd to BU. Failed to put Michigan on there and put Vermont on there. BU, UND, Vermont, DU and Miami on there.

Couldn't see the poll but I found this story.
              http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4579737

Seems the NCAA is considering eligibility rule changes to allow Colleges to recruit from pro teams, however:

The proposal, introduced in June, is under review by the NCAA constituency. Coaches associations are key stakeholders, and those with tennis, volleyball and football have either signaled support or formally registered no concern. So far, only hockey has balked at the proposal, which will be amended to exempt that sport, Rogers said.
              Gee what coach or hockey team could have balked.
              I see nothing wrong with recruiting 25 year old Canadians.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I saw a guy with a Holy Cross jacket on today at work...I laughed a bit

National Championships:

1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                San Francisco Giants
                Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

With UND being 2nd, and 7 others WCHA teams (including next year's inductions), the conference could be getting the strength back.
                  Its a little early to be stating that I think. Let the season shake things out.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Both from the Sioux blog:

As expected, Genoway was named WCHA DPOTW.

And then, two Sioux recruits are both listed as A prospects according to the NHL CSB. Both forward Brock Nelson and goalie Zane Gothberg were listed as A, so they are projected to go in the top 2 rounds.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                      Its a little early to be stating that I think. Let the season shake things out.
                      I think polls at this time of the year are a waste of ink. In the current USCHO poll, 7 of the top 20 teams either haven't played a game yet or have a losing record.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        I think polls at this time of the year are a waste of ink. In the current USCHO poll, 7 of the top 20 teams either haven't played a game yet or have a losing record.
                        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Sioux sweep the Seawolves.
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            True, but it's always something to keep an eye on. We'll see what the season brings, but it could be a good year for the WCHA.

National Championships:

Fan of:
                            San Francisco Giants
                            Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

LETS GO SIOUX!!!

4 more pts out there
                              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Both from the Sioux blog:

As expected, Genoway was named WCHA DPOTW.

And then, two Sioux recruits are both listed as A prospects according to the NHL CSB. Both forward Brock Nelson and goalie Zane Gothberg were listed as A, so they are projected to go in the top 2 rounds.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/
                                Maybe we could make this thread ( http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85807 ) the Genoway for Hobey thread.
                                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Working...
                                X