Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Just have to take care of business up in Alaska next weekend. No letdowns!
    You could bring your "C" game and beat us the way we've been playing the first 4 games of the year. We have three of our top D men out at this point, and we have been taking a ton of penalties It could get ugly...
    GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
      You could bring your "C" game and beat us the way we've been playing the first 4 games of the year. We have three of our top D men out at this point, and we have been taking a ton of penalties It could get ugly...
      Yeah, but the Seawolves always come ready to play the Sioux. So I think it's gonna be another good series for the Sioux to figure things out that'll make them more cohesive as a team. Trip up to Anchorage should be a bonding experience in any case lol.

GO SIOUX!!

After how this series ended. The game(s) at the Mariucci are definitely gonna be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
        All 3 dmen out with injuries? That sucks.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

All 3 dmen out with injuries? That sucks.
          MacWilliam will take out two more on Friday.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            MacWilliam will take out two more on Friday.
            and get put in the penalty box for the wrong time too?
            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Hey UND fans,

I remember reading an article on ESPNU late last month saying that you had the October 1 deadline to decide on a new nickname. Did you? What are you now if you did? Thanks.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                Hey UND fans,

I remember reading an article on ESPNU late last month saying that you had the October 1 deadline to decide on a new nickname. Did you? What are you now if you did? Thanks.
                North Dakota Asskickers

We eat lightning and crap thunder.

You do not want to mess with us

(we were given an extension to try and work out a deal with the remaining tribe.)
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                  Hey UND fans,

It wasn't a deadline to decide a new nickname. It was a deadline to get tribe approval to keep the sioux nickname. that deadline has been extended. oh, and IF we can't keep the nickname... don't expect to see a new one so quickly.

Comment

Is anyone else with me that this should be the theme of this week's BMT? 10 minute video of everyone punching Pony.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

BTW, love the jerseys. Big thumbs up to the green numbering/lettering.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                        I personally am liking what I'm seeing thus far...the boys still need to get on the same page, but overall, this team is playing very well. It's not as flashy as in years past, but I think that's what they will need to win.
                        I like what I'm seeing right now too. I think we'll have a better first part of the year then the previous Hakstol seasons. Should the second half trends continue...I can't wait to see this team play come January.

One of the only problems I saw was some of the younger guys looking lost in the defensive zone at times, but Hak should be able to correct it.

Genoway for Hobey.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'll take 3 points against the Gophers anyday. Nice series, UND played better than what I was expecting.
                          Once again, the freshmen played very well for the most part.
                          Kristo is getting points, just needs to net his first goal.

Just have to take care of business up in Alaska next weekend. No letdowns!
                          I just finished watching the U Tube video of UAA beating the Sioux 6-1 in Anchorage. Somehow I don't think that will be the result this year.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I just finished watching the U Tube video of UAA beating the Sioux 6-1 in Anchorage. Somehow I don't think that will be the result this year.
                            How has UAA looked so far this year?
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                              IF we can't keep the nickname... don't expect to see a new one so quickly.
                              Expecially since the NCAA allows us to use the nickname in all games except NCAA tournament games. So basically IF the NCAA rule is enforced the Fighting Sioux will need an alternate jersey for tournament play.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Four UND recruits are playing in the Junior A Challenge, which was won by the USA last year.

Parks, St. Clair, and Mattson for the USA
                                O'Donnell for Canada West

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=62155

UND is now ranked #2 in both the USCHO and INCH rankings. Miami is 1st in both. That Thanksgiving tourney at REA with OSU and Miami should have huge PWR implications.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0804.htm
                                http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X