Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

...don't say it. But what a great start to the year.

Comment

Way too early to know how this team will stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
        ...don't say it. But what a great start to the year.
        Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
        Yes, I agree. But for a bunch of freshman they looked pretty good!
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Speaking of freshman, how good is Kristo going to be when its all said and done? I know he hasn't scored yet but he might be the most dynmaic player on the team...except Genoway.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            OK, tonite's game was not what I expected to see. We have 3 seniors and a couple hundred freshman, and played like a team that is going to .....win.... the....

Can hardly believe they got the shutout with a bunch of freshmen.

If this is a typical slow start for the Sioux I can't wait until 2nd half of the season.
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Last years team had senior leadership but this team does too. VV is playing like a man on a mission. He should have had a hatty tonight. We have size, speed and goaltending. The trifecta.

Imagine if Frattin was in the lineup. Who would sit out?

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                Last years team had senior leadership but this team does too. VV is playing like a man on a mission. He should have had a hatty tonight. We have size, speed and goaltending. The trifecta.

Imagine if Frattin was in the lineup. Who would sit out?
                Corban Knight wouldn't be here, in that universe.

Comment

Exactly. Same thing with the Gophers. One game doesn't make a season.

That said, I liked what I saw tonight.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It's always tough to seal the deal and win the Saturday night game. If UND plays like they did for the Friday game I like the chances of walking away with 4 points.

GO SIOUX!!

Comment

Good job guys, you deserved those two points without a doubt!
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I agree...however, they look really good so far, and hopefully they can continue to grow as a team and improve their play.
                        THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                        1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                        1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                        University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                        University of Oregon Ducks Football
                        San Francisco Giants
                        Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                          I agree...however, they look really good so far, and hopefully they can continue to grow as a team and improve their play.
                          They definitely look like a top 4 team. Now, it will be up to the upperclassmen to settle down all the freshman after a game like that, and get them focused for tonight.

That being said, the Gophers did not play well at all. I would go so far as to say it may have been the worst performance I have seen from them in a long time. As I said in the score update thread last night, I would love it if the Sioux were THAT good, but I think a lot of the performance last night stems from the Gophers playing horrific.

If that same Gopher team comes tonight, it's going to be another humilliating game for them...so I'm hoping for a repeat .
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            They definitely look like a top 4 team. Now, it will be up to the upperclassmen to settle down all the freshman after a game like that, and get them focused for tonight.

That being said, the Gophers did not play well at all. I would go so far as to say it may have been the worst performance I have seen from them in a long time. As I said in the score update thread last night, I would love it if the Sioux were THAT good, but I think a lot of the performance last night stems from the Gophers playing horrific.

If that same Gopher team comes tonight, it's going to be another humilliating game for them...so I'm hoping for a repeat .
                            Good point. There's this Sioux fan among those who live out on Thunder Island with me, and he told me he wishes the Gophers had actually played well last night since it's impossible to learn anything about the team when they play a team that played with the energy of senior citizens and the talent of four year olds.

Comment

I personally am liking what I'm seeing thus far...the boys still need to get on the same page, but overall, this team is playing very well. It's not as flashy as in years past, but I think that's what they will need to win.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I'll take 3 points against the Gophers anyday. Nice series, UND played better than what I was expecting.
                                Once again, the freshmen played very well for the most part.
                                Kristo is getting points, just needs to net his first goal.

Just have to take care of business up in Alaska next weekend. No letdowns!
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X